Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- tgarcia2 said @HighMass, those comments are what prevents us fro...
- Aspie said Coexist? And yet the Second Vatican Council’...
- iamlucky13 said I don’t have strong feelings one way or the...
- Rachel K said Bea says: Our Lady gave us 15 mysteries Bea, that...
- RAve said Dear Father, I think you and your readers will enj...
- Bea said Voted: Never use/abolish/say alone (doesn’t...
- Rachel K said St. Rafael says: This article pretty much sums up...
- Bea said Our Parish bookstore ordered 3. We already sold 2....
- yatzer said Well, I almost always attend the EF and also love...
- xraytango said I have to agree with Fr. Martin Fox. I personall...
- Rachel K said Come on guys! How can anyone be “indifferent...
- j said 1) To Fr’s first point, at the Cathedral of...
- irishthree said How about a pistol rematch to go with the beer nex...
- JuliB said The best response I could pick was: “I never use t...
- Kathleen10 said I like them very much. They include important asp...
- Fr Martin Fox said Folks just need to relax. RELAX. Like the Luminous...
- HighMass said The Most Beautiful Mass this side of Heaven! Sorry...
- Iconophilios said I could not stomach even 30 seconds. I actually fe...
- MGL said Oh, that ‘i’ symbol? Apparently it was...
- ProfKwasniewski said Resistance to the Luminous Mysteries is truly one...
- Arele said I am not a big fan of the Luminous Mysteries. Not...
- acardnal said Amen to your above post, Fr. Z. Every sentence.
- Traductora said If you want to know why we’re losing Spanish...
- Cafea Fruor said I love them. Honestly, I don’t understand th...
- catholicservant said I’ve grown quite fond of them, particularly...
- Gregg the Obscure said I pray the Rosary by myself and find the LM helpfu...
- Belgian Catholic said The most recent edition of the Enchiridion of Indu...
- Allan S. said Well, I suppose if one were to seek out as close t...
- FrHorning said I have prayed the Holy Rosary almost every day of...
- dominic1955 said P.S. I think it did make sense to make them “...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Prayers for the Sotloffs and for all of us
- ¿Hablas español? NEW SPANISH/LATIN TLM Hand Missal! And Fr. Z rants.
- POLL: The Luminous Mysteries – For them or against them?
- More Boko Haram Terror in Nigeria against Christians
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- FOLLOW UP: Soccer Match for Peace – COEXIST sighting
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: SCOTUS
How many times have we heard that presidential candidate and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich is smart? I would pay money to watch a debate between Mr. Gingrich and Pres. Obama.
People can convert, grow, change, mature, etc. … Continue reading
“Secularizing trends, including the expropriation of Church goods and the elimination of privileges, frequently lead to “a profound liberation of the Church from forms of worldliness.” – Benedict XVI in Freiburg, Germany.
For years I have been harping on … Continue reading
Chilling: SCOTUS hears case touching on right of Churches to self-determination, “ministerial exception”, discrimination
In argument before the Supreme Court on an anti-discrimination case, the solicitor general—representing the Obama administration—said that the government would uphold the right of the Catholic Church to preserve an all-male priesthood, [NB:] but only “because the balance of … Continue reading
This is an excellent piece from Townhall.
Will Obama Destroy Franciscan University of Steubenville?
Daniel Webster was the most famous lawyer of his day. In 1819, the “Godlike Daniel” stood before the U.S. Supreme Court and argued passionately … Continue reading
Over at the National catholic Fishwrap, Jamie Manson has flung herself headlong into another error.
I won’t torment you with a fisking of the whole article. Suffice it to say that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is said to have defended, … Continue reading
From First Things:
The Present State of Our Polygamous Future
Jul 20, 2011
In an interview on the science in science fiction, novelist William Gibson noted, “[T]he future is already here. It’s just not evenly distributed yet.” What Gibson meant was that … Continue reading
Students Ordered to Stop Praying Outside Supreme Court Building
By Todd Starnes
Published July 15, 2010
A group of Christian students was ordered to stop praying outside the U.S. Supreme Court building on May 5 because a court police officer told them … Continue reading
The other day I posted this:
Supreme Court about priests as Vatican employees – sky not yet falling
Now, via Fr. Finigan, I found an entry on Religion Law Blog about the … Continue reading
My email inbox suggests to me that there is a lot of anxiety out there about recent news that the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) turned down an appeal by the Holy See against a lower court ruling that U.S. Catholic … Continue reading
From Operation Rescue with my edits:
Clinton Era Memo Betrays Kagan’s Extremist Pro-Abortion Thinking
Written by Operation RescuePosted June 30, 2010
Commentary by Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor, Operation Rescue
Washington, DC – Earlier this week, the Clinton Library released a number … Continue reading