Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- tealady24 said Isn’t it amazing how liberal radicals feel c...
- frahobbit said I remember the cue A.C.T.S. – adoration, co...
- Mike said . . . the only available seats were in the very fr...
- mamajen said My most recent experience with the TLM (on Dec. 8t...
- Legisperitus said This infinite variety of ways of assisting at Holy...
- JBS said Is the 1958 instruction of Sacred Music, which des...
- Georgemartyrfan said This is why I love “Ask Father” –...
- Stephen Matthew said I suspect that pyxes are rarely purified after use...
- texsain said Thank you for this, Father. When I became Catholi...
- Skeinster said Through the plug in on the post, too. First year I...
- Imrahil said I’d be hesitant about speaking of “pro...
- eulogos said I think the writer ought to speak to Fr. Dave. Fr...
- Athelstan said And you can reply, “Exactly. It is an unsafe envir...
- AnnTherese said Amateur Scholastic: I’m curious about your s...
- Michael_Thoma said Problem is too much “participation” by...
- cpttom said In my parish we’ve had way worse. One eveni...
- Traductora said I think Cardinal Dolan could have calmed things do...
- edm said There is no shortage of good quality, dignified py...
- John Nolan said On Christmas Day I shall be singing, at 8 am, the...
- Dennis D said Here’s a solution: How about the choir sing...
- Orphrey said Chantgirl wrote something thought provoking: ̶...
- The Masked Chicken said This last Thanksgiving someone tried to explain th...
- The Masked Chicken said Should be, Transubstantionationist. In that alter...
- The Masked Chicken said “Ten thousand million billion lay people can...
- Michael_Thoma said Johnno says: 20 December 2014 at 1:51 pm ‘Namaste’...
- rafferju said okay, I had an uncle a priest and he had a pyxe th...
- The Masked Chicken said Yes, this is an important find, not only because i...
- Allan S. said It’s the poor theology behind all this which...
- Elizium23 said Father Jim, I sincerely hope that you meant low-gl...
- IStartedTheFire said “I’ll bet 90% of the problem is liturgical...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Seal of confession
There is a CNS piece that teaches something about the Seal of Confession.
Seal of confession is absolute, even after penitent dies, officials say
VATICAN CITY — The secrecy of a confession is maintained so seriously and completely by the Catholic Church … Continue reading
From a reader…
Around the lunch table a few days ago, myself and a few brother seminarians raised this question:
If a priest hears the confessions of a couple to be married the day before the marriage, and one of them has … Continue reading
The pressure will now rise, since Anglicans have betrayed Christian tradition and history (again).
Never mind that the Church of England has cobbled up a rite of baptism that omits any reference to the Devil (HERE), now we have this from … Continue reading
Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart stands by confessional despite abuse recommendationsThe Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne has stood by the church’s stance [good grief] on keeping information on abuse gained through the confessional secret, despite a Victorian Parliamentary inquiry recommending withholding information … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, I spend a lot of time in Finland which has Europe’s smallest Catholic Church, [not to mention one of Europe’s oddest languages…] both in terms of absolute numbers and in terms of percentage of the population. Nearly … Continue reading
This, from UCANEWS make me angry:
Pell does not speak for the whole Church says retired bishop
The retired bishop, Geoffrey Robinson, says he would be prepared to break the seal of confession in order to report sexual abuse. [?!?]
Bishop Robinson has … Continue reading
For POLL info, read to the bottom.
From Australian news.com.au
Priests could be ordered to report confessions of sex abuse to police
July 18, 2012 12:00AM
HUNDREDS of years of Catholic tradition in the confessional could be overturned by Victoria’s inquiry into … Continue reading
From a reader:
I make frequent use of the Sacrament of Penance and have a regular confessor. It’s always “anonymous,” but not anonymous. It’s awkward. The priest knows it’s me, but when he’s giving counsel he gets caught up on trying come up with … Continue reading
I have had some encouraging email lately about people returning to the Sacrament of Penance after a long period. This sort of news makes continuing this blog worth the labor.
Also, some people send concerns about the way the sacrament is … Continue reading
This is the most important thing I will ever write on this blog. If I get nothing else through to any reader here, long-time visitor or new, I would want it to be this.
There is no sin that we … Continue reading