You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
- frjim4321 said Well, neither are really anything I would be much...
- CatholicCoffee said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Robbie said Jeannie_C Respectfully, this video demonstrates a...
- Joe of St Thérèse said To be fair, I’ve seen at the parish level in...
- Cheesesteak Expert said smad0142 , what dogma does not come to us from the...
- wmeyer said I would agree with those who have already stated t...
- OrthodoxChick said Is there any chance that Pope Francis could call a...
- Liturgies – Catholic vs Orthodox | Catholicism and Adventism said [...] Liturgies – Catholic vs Orthodox May 2...
- joecct77 said What did we expect? 40 years of bad catechesis ha...
- ppb said This video has been around for several years and I...
- NarniaJMN said I feel so sorry for Arbp Jose Gomez. High hope t...
- Jeannie_C said I am not a hand clapping head bopping kind of wors...
- Robbie said I threw up in my mouth watching that. That was a...
- MouseTemplar said CatholicintheAgeofAquarius–that wasn’t...
- JabbaPapa said UUURRRGGHHH that LA “mass” is just HOR...
- MouseTemplar said Whoa. The last time I saw a Deacon dancing I left...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said The “service” at the parish of my yout...
- Andrew said Perhaps a solution to the question of non-particip...
- jbas said First Things features a fine article entitled R...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Seal of confession
This, from UCANEWS make me angry:
Pell does not speak for the whole Church says retired bishop
The retired bishop, Geoffrey Robinson, says he would be prepared to break the seal of confession in order to report sexual abuse. [?!?]
Bishop Robinson has … Continue reading
For POLL info, read to the bottom.
From Australian news.com.au
Priests could be ordered to report confessions of sex abuse to police
July 18, 2012 12:00AM
HUNDREDS of years of Catholic tradition in the confessional could be overturned by Victoria’s inquiry into … Continue reading
From a reader:
I make frequent use of the Sacrament of Penance and have a regular confessor. It’s always “anonymous,” but not anonymous. It’s awkward. The priest knows it’s me, but when he’s giving counsel he gets caught up on trying come up with … Continue reading
I have had some encouraging email lately about people returning to the Sacrament of Penance after a long period. This sort of news makes continuing this blog worth the labor.
Also, some people send concerns about the way the sacrament is … Continue reading
This is the most important thing I will ever write on this blog. If I get nothing else through to any reader here, long-time visitor or new, I would want it to be this.
There is no sin that we … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, canonist extraordinaire, has on his blog In The Light Of The Law, …
A note on proposals to require priests to violate the seal of confession
Concerning recent Irish and Australian proposals to require priests who, … Continue reading
After I posted the story on a legislative attempt in Ireland to force priests to break the Seal of Confession, I had a few emails suggesting that I was panicking, that such a thing would never happen, that this was … Continue reading
Biretta tips to Fr. Blake and to Sancte Pater who lead me to this story at The Irish Catholic and elsewhere.
Government proposal to break the seal of confession is without precedent
Thu, 14/07/2011 – 15:34
The Taoiseach, the Minister for Justice and … Continue reading
Remember the movie I Confess? A priest’s nightmare. A murder confesses to a priest and then frames the priest with the murder.
I saw this on Catholic World News:
A priest who was fired from his teaching post at a Pennsylvania … Continue reading