"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jeffc said This is awesome and does not surprise me one bit!...
- ASPM Sem said I was at the Pontifical High Mass sitting in choir...
- JesusFreak84 said I remember reading about this, and the Vicar Gener...
- StnyPtGuy said Allen and Chicken: The Cathedral of the Risen Chr...
- Siculum said Yes, it looks right.
- TomG said Disco: Please don’t tell me you mean Cardina...
- The Masked Chicken said Love the Mass. Hate the Church design. The Chicke...
- juergensen said Two “surprise” appointments of Pope Fr...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Zillions? Is this the “gravitational pull...
- PA mom said Beautifully said. Love the grandmother reference....
- Supertradmum said oppsie, found three more American months–can...
- Supertradmum said oppsie, found three more American months–can...
- Supertradmum said In the past four years, I have been in Europe more...
- disco said I was positively disgusted when my own bishop glee...
- JonPatrick said I second what DavidR said. Last week I (somewhat p...
- Vincent said Pelerin, that’s probably because they only h...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said If this account is accurate, a certain Cardinal...
- Allan S. said Having just seen the photo, I can actually see a p...
- iamlucky13 said I’m confused. How does this statement: ̶...
- Bea said “Individual rights” ” it is vita...
- CradleRevert said Fantastic! Bishop Cozzens recently celebrated his...
- Papabile said It would seem GIRM 303 was developed with the prin...
- andia said My heart breaks for him. many, many prayers for hi...
- Traductora said This is one of the best and most coherent addresse...
- NBW said @ Anilwang: I thought the Pope might be referring...
- RafqasRoad said No Christmas Pudding this year, but I laid down a...
- Ben Yanke said This is wonderful…. Sharing these awesome pi...
- marcelus said yatzer says: 25 November 2014 at 4:50 pm He has ex...
- Venerator Sti Lot said yatzer, It has long been a feature of the use of i...
- manwithblackhat said Nice to hear the news about this. When I go home t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Second Vatican Council
From The Bitter Pill:
Küng misses Vatican II celebration
17 May 2012
Theologian Hans Küng [but not a Catholic theologian... heh...] has turned down an invitation to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Second Vatican Council at the German Katholikentag at Mannheim, held … Continue reading
Keeping a good archive is important, especially in the long run. The more important the event or records, the more urgent the need for a good archive… and archivist.
Scripta manent, after all.
Some people think that the Second Vatican Council was … Continue reading
Fr. Bede Rowe of A Chaplain Abroad has an amusing post about the observance of the anniversary of the Second Vatican Council.
There was a world wide consultation of Bishops before the initial preparation of the Council began.
I think of it … Continue reading
During an interview the SSPX Superior for Germany, Fr. Franz Schmidberger, made and interesting comment about the Holy Father’s visit in Germany. Original German.
He gave an opinion about the style of the Papal Masses.
The following is from the translation provided … Continue reading
From a reader:
Was Vatican II an ecumenical council with infallible guidance by the Holy Spirit, or a pastoral council which is not infallible?
The Holy Spirit’s guidance is never anything but infallible. Can the Holy Spirit make a mistake?
However, a lot … Continue reading
From the blog Musings of a Pertinacious Papist comes an interesting observation in the form of a photograph.
Here is an example of the changes that were to be made to the sanctuary of a church in conformity with the reforms … Continue reading
On VIS there is a summary and in the pages of L’Osservatore Romano there is the Italian text, which the same paper featured as its front page story today.
Pope Benedict gave a talk to the Ninth International Congress on the … Continue reading
If you haven’t yet seen this, you will want to hop over and have a look at Sandro Magister‘s always useful place.
In this case, Magister presents the back-to-back responses in the Vatican’s semi-official daily L’Osservatore Romano to two theologians in … Continue reading