Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Amateur Scholastic said Still facing exactly the same troubles that I was...
- Doug R said “…it super really makes my day when ye...
- bookworm said “God seems to have provided a reliable and r...
- Magash said For those who support women “priests”...
- StJude said I love reading good news ! Congrats to jobs, bab...
- teejay329 said Voila! Done. Pre-ordered. Thanks, Father Z
- vetusta ecclesia said I met him once in Sydney and was v. impressed. And...
- Uxixu said Another side effect of moving the entrance to the...
- Robbie said Cardinal Pell one was of my preferred choices at l...
- Priam1184 said Congratulations to OrthodoxChick and Christine Nil...
- Mike said This feels like a trial balloon to entice the GOP...
- AgricolaDeHammo said This just reminds me how bad NYC is… which i...
- lizaanne said Seriously folks – just stop asking who the C...
- Christine Niles said My good news: I now work for ChurchMilitant.TV. So...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ASPM Sem says: Can seminarians properly wear biret...
- OrthodoxChick said Wow!! It’s so wonderful to read everyone...
- rbbadger said I have been re-admitted to the program of priestly...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Certainly that young priest was right to respond h...
- robtbrown said JesusFreak84 says: IMHO, it is problematic whether...
- Mary Jane said Cooler weather, lots of rain, and we are all healt...
- Lucy C said I think I can officially say that we are on “...
- rhetoric57 said Tomorrow, Thursday 31st July is the feast of St Ig...
- Pastor Bonus said Who are the 5 Cardinals involved?
- mrshopey said My daughter had her first child, my first grandchi...
- Henry Edwards said ASPM Sem: Certainly, a seminarian who’s bee...
- KylieP said I’ve been accepted to the convent! I will be...
- JABV said I married my best friend on Saturday after seven y...
- djc said Our bills are paid and our family’s health i...
- JesusFreak84 said IMHO, it is problematic whether the Jesuits have m...
- The Astronomer said PRAISE JESUS, HIS IMMACULATE MOTHER and ST. PADRE...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: self-defense
May I recommend that you stop over at the blog Shoved To Them (where do these interesting names come from?) and peruse THIS.
Here is an excerpt:
[My husband] worried about our safety, so he made sure that I had a gun and … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Gabriel Possenti, according to the calendar of the Novus Ordo. In the older, traditional Missal we find that 28 February was given to him. His date is most … Continue reading
I saw a commercial for a type of back-pack which may be of interest to parents with children in school and even for some of you ladies and gentlemen out there.
The pack, made by iSafe, has a built in loud … Continue reading
A couple questions about the Zimmerman Trial.
The legal issue at stake is whether Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.
Setting aside the question of whether or not there should have even been a trial, and setting aside the fact that this trial … Continue reading
I like this story from Fox.
Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop comes to aid of woman being attacked
A Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop helped a neighbor woman escape a Tuesday morning attack by a man who had been stalking her.
Kent Hendrix woke up … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy.
Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded.
Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.
Wisconsin … Continue reading
After the sad election last November, the President joked around with Barbara Walters on ABC about his daughters being surrounded by guns all the time. I am sure that, as a father, he thinks that’s a mighty fine perk.
His daughters … Continue reading
From a reader:
When does the Seal of Confession actually take affect in that the priest can’t say anything outside of the Confessional? For example, if someone goes into the confessional/reconciliation room with no intention of confessing, but some form of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is is okay to fight in churches ? Can one shoot or punch vandals ? Can one defend the priest, or himself, or the Sacrament ?
Many who comment on destruction stories want to put up watches. Would this … Continue reading