Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Imrahil: As a matter of fact, this looks like “mer e” calling-a- spade-a-sp ade, “off icializing ”, as it were, the position of Ex-Superio r-General, which, in a sense,...
- Ages: Monty Python was supposed to be comedy, not prophecy.
- Fr. Reader: This obsolete icel is incredible .
- HvonBlumenthal: It is said that Bp Fellay would have signed the last deal which the Vatican offered, but Bp Gallareta opposed and Bp Fellay wanted unanimity between the SSPX bishops. The recent...
- iamlucky13: “I am reminded of Monty Python’s Holy Grail.R 21; Actually, I believe the article was actually based on a deleted scene from Monty PythonR 17;s The Life of Brian, origina...
- originalsolitude: The ESI 88 problem seems to be getting out of hand and causing a minor scandal, even in the local secular media. The root of the problem seems to be that the document is put...
- MrsMacD: My son reminded me of the passage in scripture where the Jews are waiting to be freed from Egypt and one of the scourges is the water is turned to blood.
- Andrew: VIPR (voluto in pavimento ridens – vulgo ROFL)
- Eric: Seems like a prudent move to me. The Society gathering the former Superiors as deposits of wisdom and experience .
- Dimitri_Cavalli: A long time ago, I contribute d some of the short, anonymous “Whi le We’r e at It” articles that appeared in First Things. This is one of my personal favorit...
- Kathleen10: Their bootheels are on our throats. There is nothing earthly to stop them. We better look up.
- JeromeThomas: Just to expand on this a little, Campus Reform is unfortunat ely incorrect in saying that social justice issues are not likely to be discussed at the ICMS. The talks that *were*...
- Kathleen10: A camel is a horse designed by committee. Didn’ ;t you say that, Fr. Z.?
- chantgirl: dbf223- I would usually agree with Janet Smith, but in the case of the nuns, I think she is wrong. The pill does not work merely by preventing ovulation, as breakthrou gh ovulation is...
- Greg Hlatky: This will end only when the last Grievance Studies professor is strangled with the guts of the last Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Clinton R.: Great post, Father. We indeed must live each day preparing ourselves for the Bridegroom . Confessing our sins is a great way to cleanse our soul and make it a suitable dwelling place...
- bobbird: Dr. Evan Lenow is a prof at Southwest Baptist Theologica l Seminary in Ft. worth. He was recently a guest on my radio show The Bird’ ;s Eye View. He defends and teaches HV as a course...
- Kerry: Hmm… what about that plague which killed 1/3 of the population , the “Peo ple of Color̶ 1; Death?
- JesusFreak84: Am I the only one who thinks this could pass for an Onion or EOTT article?
- chantgirl: LOL Well, it is cultural appropriat ion for these 21st century profs of non-Europe an descent to even study the medieval era ;) Must this dumbassery infect every area of academia? Is...
- Julia_Augusta: I am reminded of Monty Python’s Holy Grail.
- richiedel: A real medievalis t like Fr. Augustine Thompson, O.P. would be able to dissect this well.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: As a medievalis t who has taught religious history in state universiti es (Berkeley, Oregon, Virginia) for some 25 years and now teaches that material in a seminary, I...
- Nan: Last night at my little Byzantine Church, we had the vigil liturgy for St Elijah, followed by the blessing of the cars, because Elijah was taken to heaven in a fiery chariot. In Father&...
- Nan: No, they focus on Hildegard being an Abbess and her preaching, St Catherine of Siena telling the Pope what to do, Teresa of Avila for doing what she wanted in reforming the Carmelites but...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- And now for your Friday SSPX news!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is hunting YOU
- For your consideration…
- The hurly burly of Medieval Studies!
- FLYING ELECTRIC SPACE SPIDERS!
- ASK FATHER: Mass texts for St. Elijah, Old Testament Prophet
- What could possibly go wrong? – UPDATED
- YOUR GOOD NEWS… and Washington DC’s new Auxiliary Bishop and key priest at Detroit’s major seminary
- Budding young feminist archeologists
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: self-defense
A saint for today. Terrorists invade your town and set about to do terrible things….
… someone to pray to when ISIS – or whomever – comes to your neighborhood.
Today is the feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Gabriel … Continue reading
It seems that the NFL didn’t want this commercial during the Super Bowl.
This story is going around. That “knockout game” thing is still going on.
I was going to put the video on, but, no… that’s what these barbarians want, isn’t it?
In New York City, a creepy selfish loser sucker-punches a 72-year old … Continue reading
May I recommend that you stop over at the blog Shoved To Them (where do these interesting names come from?) and peruse THIS.
Here is an excerpt:
[My husband] worried about our safety, so he made sure that I had a gun and … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Gabriel Possenti, according to the calendar of the Novus Ordo. In the older, traditional Missal we find that 28 February was given to him. His date is most … Continue reading
I saw a commercial for a type of back-pack which may be of interest to parents with children in school and even for some of you ladies and gentlemen out there.
The pack, made by iSafe, has a built in loud … Continue reading
A couple questions about the Zimmerman Trial.
The legal issue at stake is whether Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.
Setting aside the question of whether or not there should have even been a trial, and setting aside the fact that this trial … Continue reading
I like this story from Fox.
Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop comes to aid of woman being attacked
A Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop helped a neighbor woman escape a Tuesday morning attack by a man who had been stalking her.
Kent Hendrix woke up … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy.
Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded.
Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.
Wisconsin … Continue reading
After the sad election last November, the President joked around with Barbara Walters on ABC about his daughters being surrounded by guns all the time. I am sure that, as a father, he thinks that’s a mighty fine perk.
His daughters … Continue reading
From a reader:
When does the Seal of Confession actually take affect in that the priest can’t say anything outside of the Confessional? For example, if someone goes into the confessional/reconciliation room with no intention of confessing, but some form of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is is okay to fight in churches ? Can one shoot or punch vandals ? Can one defend the priest, or himself, or the Sacrament ?
Many who comment on destruction stories want to put up watches. Would this … Continue reading