Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Rosica forgot to publish that list using the PeopleR 17;s Font: Gebrochene Grotesk. Oh well, the Struggle Session will clear up that oversight. https://de .m.wikiped ia.org/...
- RCAVictor: Brilliant and comforting , Father – thank you.
- Semper Gumby: I’m inclined to go with iPadre on this, with an end of an era but not end of the world. But Go to Confession indeed. Well, it’s Saturday morning across the fruited plains...
- WmHesch: I always hoped Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine in Orlando would get the TLM. It’s not really conducive to TLM architectu rally, but would be key to have it there in tourist central
- anj: It is very simple: Pope Francis does not need to suppress anything. He just amends SP to require permission of the local bishop to say the TLM. He has already done many more radical things. I...
- St. Christopher: Father Z, I am not certain that you are correct on this one. What about the Latin Mass, and the very existence of Catholicis m at all in Henry VIII and Elizabeth I’s Engla...
- Imrahil: Brief note concerning the translatio n of Hochschule : As this is not a context where the focus is on linguistic precision, let’ s just say “uni versity 221; and be done...
- Imrahil: Just a brief throw-in: Let’ s not mix up the word “dog matic̶ 1; referring to a rank of certaintly (viz., absolute certainty) with the word “dog matic̶ 1; refer...
- Kerry: Marse Robert, you wrote: “VII also does contain dogmatic portions, and dogmatic statements in a pastoral document are still dogmatic statements of the magisteriu m. For example, a Pope...
- Suburbanbanshee: Other than the Classical pronunciat ion thing, I think the Great Courses 217; Latin 101 is very good. Professor Muller is a hoot, and the lecture videos are good. The drawb...
- Imrahil: Well, the first or somewhat-f irst lines of our schoolbook s were: “Pub lius est pater, Cornelia est mater. Delia serva est.” ; And that was as famous for us as the sente...
- Pius Admirabilis: @Clinton R. For some reason, in my circle of friends, one or two young men did join the Jesuits! Which is kind of weird since they can be counted as “Tra ds”, just as...
- Fallibilissimo: Chaswjd, I’ve come to realize that nearly everything in Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minster is absolutely true. It should be a requiremen t to watch it, for any aspiring politician .
- Fallibilissimo: Inspired by Stephen Crowder, I would love to see a specia version of one of his skits. Change my mind: Liberalism , even if orthodox, has done much greater harm in the Church than...
- Clinton R.: Oh how St. Ignatius of Loyola must cry over the Society he founded! The Superior General Father Sosa insists on dressing like a layman and prays to Buddha and far too many Jesuits are...
- Ace: Fr. Z, Could you explain the last comment you made in your original post? I deeply want to understand how lay people have strong influence. I can’ t wrap my head around it. Without...
- mibethda: There is more than one way to skin a cat, and, for the enemies of the traditiona l liturgy and Summorum Pontificum , there is more than one strategy to accomplish their goal. To mix...
- FrAnt: Fr. Z, You responded above saying, “These are different times.” Yes, there is the internet, but conservati ves are being blocked and accounts are being shutdown with no reason given. What...
- Chaswjd: As always, Yes Minister hit the nail on the head thirty years ago: https://yo utu.be/-nr ZBtKWSfs
- OssaSola: I’ll put this link here for the class I mentioned above: http://www .academyof classicall anguages.c om/
- jaykay: “and criticizin g the cruel and anti-scien ce stance of the Vatican, 8221; Fr. Lemaitre begins to revolve in his grave. Fra Bacon and Canon Copernicus were unavailabl e for comment.
- OssaSola: I’d like to mention the Latin Class I take live online for adults. It is taught by a professor at the FSSP Seminary in Denton, Nebraska two evenings per week. He uses the Orberg...
- jaykay: leftycbd: “The 3rd year, we read Cicero. 221; That is pretty good! We started Latin (compulsor y, then) at age barely 11, but 4 years later we were just starting Cicero (it was all...
- Grabski: Perhaps they would suppress Latin but open the EF in vernacular , making it immediatel y accessible . Brick by brick̷ 0;
- Gaetano: The message is clear. Personnel is policy, and this is the man chose above all others.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: self-defense
A saint for today. Terrorists invade your town and set about to do terrible things….
… someone to pray to when ISIS – or whomever – comes to your neighborhood.
Today is the feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Gabriel … Continue reading
It seems that the NFL didn’t want this commercial during the Super Bowl.
This story is going around. That “knockout game” thing is still going on.
I was going to put the video on, but, no… that’s what these barbarians want, isn’t it?
In New York City, a creepy selfish loser sucker-punches a 72-year old … Continue reading
May I recommend that you stop over at the blog Shoved To Them (where do these interesting names come from?) and peruse THIS.
Here is an excerpt:
[My husband] worried about our safety, so he made sure that I had a gun and … Continue reading
Today is the feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Gabriel Possenti, according to the calendar of the Novus Ordo. In the older, traditional Missal we find that 28 February was given to him. His date is most … Continue reading
I saw a commercial for a type of back-pack which may be of interest to parents with children in school and even for some of you ladies and gentlemen out there.
The pack, made by iSafe, has a built in loud … Continue reading
A couple questions about the Zimmerman Trial.
The legal issue at stake is whether Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.
Setting aside the question of whether or not there should have even been a trial, and setting aside the fact that this trial … Continue reading
I like this story from Fox.
Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop comes to aid of woman being attacked
A Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop helped a neighbor woman escape a Tuesday morning attack by a man who had been stalking her.
Kent Hendrix woke up … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy.
Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded.
Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.
Wisconsin … Continue reading
After the sad election last November, the President joked around with Barbara Walters on ABC about his daughters being surrounded by guns all the time. I am sure that, as a father, he thinks that’s a mighty fine perk.
His daughters … Continue reading
From a reader:
When does the Seal of Confession actually take affect in that the priest can’t say anything outside of the Confessional? For example, if someone goes into the confessional/reconciliation room with no intention of confessing, but some form of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is is okay to fight in churches ? Can one shoot or punch vandals ? Can one defend the priest, or himself, or the Sacrament ?
Many who comment on destruction stories want to put up watches. Would this … Continue reading