Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Deacon Jason: If memory serves, the OF rubrics for matrimony outside of Mass also optionally allow the use of a dalmatic with the alb and stole in lieu of a cope.
- jose.a.0121: It brings great joy to see and hear a bishop or a priest speak to the flock clearly about truth and the teachings of our Lord. It shows that he is truly concerned about their eternal...
- Kevin: To PostCathol ic In a few years they’ ;ll be insisting the church accept their kids for the ‘fun days out’ like Baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmati on. That...
- majuscule: mater101 expressed my exact sentiments only more clearly than I could have!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Snark? Not at all! I’m truly interested in what they have to say!
- Mike: Rigorous honesty and candor no more distinguis h the sycophants of the throne of Peter than they do its current occupant. In a few days they and he will be back to bashing the traditiona l...
- tamranthor: That right there is some Class A Number One snark, Father. Well done. :)
- Clinton R.: Congratula tions on your priestly anniversar y, Father. Thank you so much for you concern for the state of our souls, especially reminding us to GO TO CONFESSION !. May God bless you...
- APX: I remember once making an appointmen t to make a General confession over a half hour before the regular time, only to have some other woman who came to the church early walk into the confess...
- mater101: Thank you so very much for giving us an insight into your wonderful, wonderfill ed memories of your ordination . A delightful gift, in addition to the other gift : which is your faith...
- AUEagle: My Mother bought each of my siblings the paperback version of the Catechism 3 years ago. It’s a big book! My wife (recent convert from the Baptist Church 7 years ago) likes to flip...
- majuscule: Our Lady of Knock, pray for us. Get a copy of In Sinu Jesu (I tried to use Fr. Z’s Amazon link.) Also, support Silverstre am Priory with prayers and donations.
- excalibur: May Saint Patrick rise from his grave and condemn this generation , who know what they do.
- Andreas: Many blessings and a hearty Navy ‘Bra vo Zulu’ ; to you, Father Z., on this your anniversar y!
- MikeM221: May God bless you in a very special way today, Father. Happy anniversar y!
- iPadre: Ad multos annos! No greater gift could we have been given than to share in His priesthood . You are remembered in my prayers and Masses.
- Joy65: Praying for Ireland and for our world. May we be so ashamed of our sins that we RUN to Confession and ask forgivenes s for the sacrileges we do against Our God. Lord Please have mercy on us...
- robtbrown: Sawyer says: Pope Francis will visit Ireland in August. Wonder what he will say or do in response to what just happened there. How will Francis instruct, teach, admonish, encourage, pray...
- DeGaulle: I was pessimisti c, but I didn’ ;t expect to lose by more than 2:1. My local priests did their best. There were rosaries and vigils arranged and a representa tive from the local...
- PostCatholic: I wonder if you’ ve been to Ireland lately? The Catholic Church has engendered so much anger with its criminal mismanagem ent of social and educationa l services during the...
- Amante de los Manuales: Happy anniversar y, Father!
- Kevin: 70% ish of Irish people voted freely and with full knowledge (every household in Ireland was given extensive info. and most were canvassed) to allow Irish motherR 17;s to kill their...
- Sawyer: Pope Francis will visit Ireland in August. Wonder what he will say or do in response to what just happened there. How will Francis instruct, teach, admonish, encourage, pray for and lead...
- Cincinnati Priest: Fr. Ant: As a brother priest, sadly, I am coming to agree with you regarding our bishops 217; inability or at least unwillingn ess to take any serious measures to prevent the...
- semperficatholic: FrAnt says: “As the Church hemorrhage s people the Bishops fashion new slogans and programs, reminiscen t of the 70’s, in hopes that the bleeding will stop.̶ 1; Judas...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: seminary
Concerning the number of vocations to the priesthood.
From Cincinnati.com comes this. There is a lot in this article. Here are a few snips.
More men want to be Catholic priests. Millennials are leading the way.
The Rev. Benedict O’Cinnsealaigh looks out his … Continue reading
From a seminarian…
First and foremost I have to thank you immensely for this blog, which has greatly helped me and some of my brothers from our Seminary down here in Brazil (where stuff like those on Fishwrap are rather commonplace … Continue reading
From a seminarian…
I recently read your post encouraging priests to learn the TLM. It made me think, how early should a seminarian begin to learn it? Would it be jumping the gun for someone in 1st Theology to begin watching … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a Youth Minister at a parish and have probably a dozen young men (age 12-19) who are discerning calls to the priesthood and are interested in seminary. I have young priests at the parish, but they are reluctant to … Continue reading
This isn’t the sort of thing that should pull much of our attention or energy. However, I have been asked about it in email by a surprising number of people, including priests.
It seems that the site Messa in latino picked up … Continue reading
Over at Catholic World Report there is a piece by Fr. Peter Stravinskas, who reflects on 40 years of priesthood… his own. His 40th anniversary of ordination comes up on 27 May.
This bit got my attention and sympathy.
The college seminary experience … Continue reading
From a reader…
I have been reading it for 4 years and it has greatly helped me as a Catholic and in discerning my vocation.
I am 18 and strongly feel called to the priesthood.
My question is, are there any ways by … Continue reading
From a reader in the Diocese of Charlotte, in North Carolina.
On Respect Life Sunday, our newly instituted minor seminary[!] in the Charlotte Diocese (St. Joseph) [NC] took their 8 seminarians and recited a rosary in front of the local … Continue reading
A few inflammatory points by way of introduction.
First, there are those who say that many of the problems in the Church today can be traced back to the influence of a kind of “jansenism” impressed during formation in seminaries way back in … Continue reading