Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Joe in Canada: Another Jesuit mentioned favorably on these pages? Spring has come early this year!
- zag4christ: May God continue to bless and keep Cardinal Burke safe!
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Why God, why?
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Your Good News
- Hitchens: We were told not to worry.
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Shroud of Turin
Gazing at an image crafted by a true master who intended to open us up into mystery can, over time, produce great fruits.
For example, the 6th c. Byzantine icon of The Christ Pantocrator reveals two attitudes, in the two halves … Continue reading
Here is something of great interest, especially as Passiontide begins.
Via Pewsitter I read that it has been determined that the Shroud of Turin and the Shroud of Oviedo were likely wrapped around the same person. BTW… did you know that … Continue reading
Just Too Cool: Measuring instruments altered by electromagnetic disturbances when placed on Christ’s tomb
I just finished writing a brief piece about technology (for the Catholic Herald) and I ran across this from EWTN UK. You may have read that restoration work and scientific examination of the Edicule which encloses the Christ’s empty tomp … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. Apparently the Italian police have been investigating Our Lord. HERE
Police Create Image of Jesus as a Child Using Shroud of Turin, coolComputer Forensics
The National Police in Italy have reportedly created a digital image of what … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider:
New experiments on Shroud show it’s not medieval
New scientific experiments carried out at the University of Padua have apparently confirmed that the Shroud Turin can be dated back to the 1st century AD. This makes its compatible … Continue reading
Once upon a time I was in Chicago to address a Legatus chapter and I met a fine from from Skokie (I really enjoy writing Skokie!). As I was saying, he is from Skokie. You may I heard of this … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file.
From Vatican Insider
Pollen is evidence that the Holy Shroud is indeed a winding sheet
According to university researchers the pollen found in the Turin Shroud corresponds to that of flowers used for funerals in Asia Minor … Continue reading
On FNC there was a great spot about the Soap Sisters in New Jersey, the Dominican Sisters of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com
I have written about the “Soap Sisters” quite a few times and I … Continue reading
I find it fascinating that as new technology develops, we start finding new things in the Shroud of Turin.
As you may know the Shroud of Turin was recently placed on display in Turin, Italy. Here is an interesting … Continue reading
CNA has a cool Shroud article.
A detail I did not know:
[W]e know that the blood contacted the shroud before the body “because there’s no image beneath the shroud.”
Pope Benedict has announced that the Shroud will be open for public viewing … Continue reading