Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Forty Years Of Abuse | Mundabor's Blog said [...] to restore some sanity (some and some are th...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said Jefferson was not Christian. Neither Madison. For...
- The Astronomer said AVI is correct, Father, regarding the picture of t...
- Johnno said The criminals that the ARMED Mexican citizens are...
- jcr said The miraculous protection mentioned in the article...
- Gratias said Merci Père pour les madelaines. They are delicious...
- Chon said Priam1184: Witness? Among other things, martyrdom.
- AVL said Just as an FYI, in the picture of the tattooed men...
- Priam1184 said Very beautiful Father thank you. And thanks for t...
- Pope Francis Prays for Anglican Conversions - BigPulpit.com said [...] MORNING EDITION Published July 23, A. D. 201...
- CharlesG said I would agree with the Pope and the bishops that p...
- mr205 said Sadly, Obama’s court packing plan at the DC...
- Laura R. said May the Exploration Day be a blessed occasion for...
- Philip Gerard Johnson said In case it helps anyone, I learned the hard way (b...
- Lin said The health care system in the USA used to be the B...
- CordiaGrace said It is saddening, disheartening, and extremely frus...
- Michaelus said Many, many thanks for the passage from Augustine....
- Mojoron said One thing you can count on with this band of misch...
- acardnal said Remember the Regensburg Lecture by his Holiness Po...
- ad Deum said Help at: http://rescuechristians.org Featured by...
- daveams said I don’t like the idea of such a prayer being...
- Pope Francis prays for success of | Foolishness to the world said [...] I lifted this press release from the Persona...
- av8er said I flew on the border for 4 years with CBP. Yes it...
- acardnal said Jim in Seattle, I have seen a number of clergy, re...
- jhayes said There actually were two decisions today and they...
- marcelus said Pope Francis has said that the Christians of Mosul...
- Pie and Palestrina said I live in central Texas. As is usually the case,...
- Jim in Seattle said The FSSP has called for a day of prayer on August...
- SKAY said danube– “It is no exaggeration to say...
- Ben Kenobi said Thanks for extending the invitation, Father Z. I...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
- Thom Peters: Progress 1 year after his life-changing accident
- Pew by Pew: a lesson Christian identity suicide
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: sign of peace
From a reader…
Father, I notice that at daily mass or where the mass is sparsely attended parishioners will wave to each other from across the church.
Is there a better way to handle this situation?
Sure there is! How about not do … Continue reading
From a reader:
I went to Mass yesterday at the hospital chapel for the Assumption. I was announced that the celebrating priest would be late as he had morning mass in a town about 20 miles to the south. “No biggie” … Continue reading
From a reader:
I recently read an opinion that giving the sign of peace at mass is irreverent.
To quote her, ” Hand-holding is not only not in the rubrics of the Mass, it is a horrifically distracting, undignified and self-serving sacrilege that is actually … Continue reading
For this 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time (the purple-draped, pre-Lent Sexagesima Sunday in our traditional Roman calendar) we have a Collect based on a prayer in the 8th c. Liber sacramentorum Gellonensis (but not in the 1962 Missale Romanum) for … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’ve heard that the sign of peace at Mass is optional (for priest and people), and that its position within the Mass can be moved to another part of the liturgy such as the Introductory Rites. Are these … Continue reading
Choose the answer closest to your thought and then give your comments in the combox below.
You do not have to be registered to vote in the poll.
Let’s get a good response! Perhaps other bloggers will help?
From a reader:
My wife and I attend an Extraordinary Form Mass almost exclusively, but at times, whether due to weather or circumstance, are forced to attend the closer, Novus Ordo parish. As those go, it’s very good, but I digress. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Wait, the sign of peace is an option, not a requirement?!?! How did I not know this? Am I bound by obedience to participate if the priest uses this option? Can I decline the invitation?
The so-called “sign of … Continue reading
From a reader with my emphases:
This notice just appeared in the weekly bulletin of St. Vincent Church of Akron, Ohio: H1N1 FLU— Due to the severity of the H1N1 Flu virus, it seems prudent to take whatever measures are necessary to … Continue reading