Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- maternalView: Another tip: Frequent confession actually makes it easier to go
- Amante de los Manuales: Suspension ? No dialogue?
- Fr. Kelly: Curiouser and curiouser.
- Fr. Kelly: Such things are their own parody.
- Fr. Kelly: Or, As I have seen once, years ago, Stub out several cigarettes in the sand… ;.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: social communications
At the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is an interesting piece by our old pal Phyllis Zagano which merits a little – just a little – attention.
She never misses an opportunity to work in tidbits about the disparity of men’s … Continue reading →
Many parish bulletins have to be put together some good time in advance of their printing and delivery and distribution.
However, on Sunday Pope Francis dropped a surprise on the entire Catholic Church by calling for a day of prayer and fasting … Continue reading →
Some years ago I was hanging around outside the Paul VI audience hall (Vatican) during a plenary session of the Italian Bishops Conference. I was waiting for my bishop to emerge. As I waited I chatted with fellow journalists, the … Continue reading →
This is interesting. From the Pontifical Council for Social Communications:
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — The Vatican is in line to control the new Internet address extension “.catholic” and decide who is allowed to use it.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and … Continue reading →
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I am curious about your use of “social networks” such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ just to name a few.
Please choose your best answer and then (if you are registered here) leave a comment in the … Continue reading →
Diocesan official says “I believe that blogging as currently manifested should be made a serious criminal offence”
My good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeneuticalness, told me a puzzling tale.
Once upon a time, a man learned that the Holy See has stepped up its concern about the rise of Satanism and has stressed that all dioceses should … Continue reading →
From CNA comes this, with my emphases.
Vatican official calls for ‘pastoral conversion’ on new media
Vatican City, Oct 15, 2010 / 09:51 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Church must intensify its presence in today’s “digital culture,” Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli, president of … Continue reading →
First, may I direct you back to an editorial I wrote for the UK’s Catholic Herald?
Holy Father encourages online priestly ministry
Vatican City, Jan 23, 2010 / 10:24 am (CNA).- In his message for the 44th World Day for Social … Continue reading →