- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Jerome Vincent said Listened — thanks again, Father.
- samgr said A minor correction on Andrew Napolitano: He was a...
- mamajen said Five-year-old son says “That does NOT look l...
- Ryan said The only “ideologies” that believe in...
- ChesterFrank said IPADRE: the destruction of beauty is thousands upo...
- Johnno said CGPearson - There is some precedent for a method o...
- sprachmeister said Someone in the Church architecture and design worl...
- AgricolaDeHammo said @Gemma, Indeed it’s now the case that IR...
- Johnno said Dave N. - The Judge sure is an appropriate spokes...
- TKS said Thank you, Father.
- Johnno said The reason there are so many problems in the Churc...
- CGPearson said Correct me if I’m wrong, @JonPatrick, but to...
- Imrahil said As to the discussion begun with the dear @BridgetT...
- mr205 said It seems to me that some on the left think that th...
- happyCatholic said Here is what I will say for capitalism as it has b...
- Dave N. said It’s a little difficult to reconcile “...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father.
- annmarie said I agree with most of what Judge Napolitano said....
- Joboww said @Sword he calls himself a libertarian and subscri...
- DavidR said Continuing to listen, and to pray for you daily....
- Uxixu said To echo defenderofTruth, one can still be lower ca...
- Torpedo1 said At The Masked Chicken, May I quote you to a friend...
- Imrahil said Btw. while I may have sounded differently, (as alw...
- Imrahil said “common ownership” in the sense used here is not a...
- Imrahil said Dear @slainewe, while I don’t personally thi...
- Imrahil said First, Judge Napolitano (on a lighter note: any re...
- sawdustmick said Which way up is it ? Can someone help me please ?
- McCall1981 said @vmanning, I think you make a very good point ther...
- Fr. Z’s AdventcaZts for the holy season of Advent | All Saints El Sereno Resources said [...] 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a s...
- Woody79 said Well said by the former judge. As for Dan’s...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Soho
Those of you in London and environs should keep in mind participating in “Spirit in the City“!
I am happy to plug this especially because of the involvement of the outstanding parish of my friend Fr. Sherbrooke of St. Patrick’s on … Continue reading
As you know, the Archbishop of Westminster put an end to the infamous homosexual “Soho Masses”. There is little question that Rome was involved in the decision. But don’t be distracted by that and miss the more important point.
The Tablet … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic Weekly, The Catholic Herald, we read some doubly-good news.
Archbishop Nichols ends ‘Soho Masses’ after six years
By MARK GREAVES
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has announced that Masses in Soho organised for gay people are to end.
He … Continue reading
When I was last in London, about a month ago, people were talking about the good decision to deny Tina Beattie a speaking gigantic a Catholic institution in Bristol.
Now we see this in The Guardian:
US university accused … Continue reading
I picked this up from Marco Tossati at Vatican Insider - in Italian – about the homosexual Masses being celebrated in London in the Soho district at the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption and Saint Gregory (not at St. Patrick’s on … Continue reading
If you want to see what a Catholic newspaper should be like, check out this article in The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly.
Here is a great story.
Preamble: Keep in mind as you read that NCR in the USA … Continue reading