Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Imrahil: Well, no, there was not a good point in the sermon, because there was no sermon. However, we were truly blessed to celebrate, by permission of the Holy See, to celebrate the Palm Sunday...
- oldCatholigirl: The Islamic attacks may also help spark the Faith̵ 1;or at least some aspects of it. Active opposition sparked it in Ireland for years.
- barryaltarserver1985: Many thanks Father, I wish you and all your readers every blessing for the Sacred Triduum.
- Rob in Maine: Shameless plug alert! A friend of mine, Loren Coleman, who was a sociology professor, wrote a book; “The Copycat Effect: How the Media and Popular Culture Trigger the Mayhem in...
- Gab: Wonderful. Thank you, Father.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Charivari Rob: Glad to hear the usher/gree ters and NYPD were on the ball. He certainly wasn’ ;t there to use the restroom. It will be interestin g story to follow as backtrack him and figure...
- frjimt: looks great! a treasure for the tenebrae service and im sure that the wood of this element rejoices that once again, it has found a “hom e” 8230;.
- Gab: Magnificen t! Looks better with the updated candle holders.
- Semper Gumby: Count me in. Deo volente, wiser minds will prevail and the rebuilding of Notre Dame will not be a monument to the City of Man. A few years ago George Weigel wrote a book “...
- semperficatholic: IMHO, I think the flame things dressed it up a bit.
- Titus: I think that’ ;s the hearse I had been wanting to buy, but hadn’ ;t pulled the trigger on because I couldnR 17;t get one of the parishes around here to take and use it …
- Gab: Father Z says “The demon mocked the bad Latin but said that, even as bad as it was, it was still killing him!” ; Good to know. I often wonder if my telling the devil to get away...
- Gab: Attended my first ever Tenebrae at my TLM church for Spy Wednesday. It was 2.5 hours in duration but felt like no time at all. Magnificen t! And though I knew what was coming at the end, I was...
- Facta Non Verba: I have no desire in obtaining your recording, so it is not the premise of my question. My question is out of curiosity only: from the stern tone of your post, I infer that you...
- Patrick71: Thank you, Father.
- Sword40: While the French are spending their tax-payers money, why don’ t they visit the Pacific Northwest, where there is still a possibilit y of finding enough very large timbers to restore...
- Lusp: Great idea father! I’d love to participat e, but if they don’ t restore it to it’s original state, I’ll want my $ back. To me the only valid point of contention is...
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: There are multiple ways a block of wood a vial of ashes that can be worn as a necklace or keychain. One of the things I have is small plastic replica of a stain glass...
- Fr Martin Fox: Heck, I’m not sure that even every priest needs to have this sort of thing. Priests must be authorized by the bishop to perform “maj or” exorcisms (there are...
- OrdinaryCatholic: As we do and have on some of our roofs in New Hampshire lol
- Rob in Maine: I’m in no way trying to be callous, but to inject some humor (if we didn’ ;t laugh, we’d cry) in Maine we’d say that roof needs a Big Blue Tahp (tarp).
- OrdinaryCatholic: Extraordin ary!! Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier was so precise and so articulate in his descriptio n of the events after the call for the fire went out. This priest has his head in the...
- acardnal: Thanks, Charivari Rob. I was unaware.
- Diana: wow! Awesome. So well put. Praise God.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
- ASK FATHER: The priest is a jerk and has hang-ups
- ASK FATHER: My unbaptized wife insists on contraception
- A detail in a detail in a header on this blog and some details about a liturgical detail.
- What went through my during the Gospel this morning?
- LENTCAzT 2019 39 – Saturday the 5th Week of Lent: The hour has come
- More thoughts on Benedict XVI’s 6000K word essay on The Present Crisis
- NEW VESTMENTS! Stunning new Pontifical Set has arrived!
- LENTCAzT 2019 38 – Friday the 5th Week of Lent: Our Lady of Sorrows
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Sr. Simone Campbell
I read a story about Sr. Simone Campbell, of Nuns on the Bus fame. You will remember how she lobbies constantly and vocally for the platform of the Party of Death (aka Democrats) including abortion-promoting Obamacare (aka Unaffordable Care Act). … Continue reading
I’ve just learned via RNS that the NUNS ON THE BUS are back! Nuns really get around these days. They are also being summoned to Rome for chats. But I digress. Nuns on the bus will ride to political conventions … Continue reading
From super-liberal RNS: New ‘Nuns on the Bus’ tour to highlight Pope Francis’ US visit and agenda […] “Obviously, Pope Francis’ message is exactly what we’ve been doing for 43 years,” Campbell said. “Having that affirmation is hugely supportive.” But, she … Continue reading
I was recently sent a link to a page about the Nuns on the Bus tour taking place. This is effort run by Sr. Simone Campbell of the lobby group NETWORK to sign up as many people who will vote … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is a project to help the Nuns on the Bus rename their hagiographical movie/documentary! I can’t think of a better project for readers here. After all, we have done so little to … Continue reading
I posted HERE about the whereabouts of Sr. Simone Campbell, who helped the Obama Regime pass the so-called AFFORDABLE Care Act. Millions of people are losing the insurance because of Obama and … well… her! Since she is so concerned … Continue reading
Let’s think about the catholic Left’s support of the so-called “AFFORDABLE” Care Act. “Affordable”… right…. From CatholicVote comes this accurate analysis of the liberal Left’s hypocrisy. OKAY, WHO KIDNAPPED THE NUNS ON THE BUS? BY JOHN WHITE Please, quick. Somebody call … Continue reading
Baby by baby. Talk about a new way of thinking about “emanations from penumbras”! From LifeSite: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Bill for Ultrasound Before Abortion by Steven Ertelt Today, Governor Scott Walker signed Senate Bill 206 (Sonya’s Law) into … Continue reading
In a story about the CDF smackdown on the LCWR, USA Today quotes Sr. Simone Campbell of the ultra-poltical, ultra-liberal Nuns on the Bus crowd. Sr. Campbell is too smart actually to believe this, but let’s read it anyway: […] … Continue reading
When the National catholic Fishwrap indulgences in its version of hagiography, the results aren’t pretty. Their latest liberal panegyric is an attempt to transmogrify Sr. Simone Campbell, Democrat party activist, bus rider, into a progressivist’s alternative to Bl. Theresa of … Continue reading
If communities of women religious have habits, then the women ought to wear them. Keep in mind that the habits of some groups were/are rooted in the era of their founding. Keep in mind that some communities don’t have habits … Continue reading
Apparently the Nuns On The Bus are still going ’round and ’round with their blatantly partisan political agenda. From a reader: The “Nuns on the Bus” tour has C-Bus for its next stop. This is the group that has been … Continue reading
From NRO: The Sisters of Life were founded in 1991 by Cardinal John O’Connor and Mother Agnes Mary Donovan (a former Columbia psychology professor and clinician) as a new religious community of women dedicated to the defense of life at … Continue reading
EWTN: The World Over – Arroyo interviews head of Catholics for Obama and Bp. Morlino (Fr. Z comments)
The present episode of EWTN’s The World Over with Raymond Arroyo features Dr. Stephen Schneck, Chairman of Catholics for Obama, and Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. The video of the whole episode is HERE. Arroyo challenges Dr. Schenck … Continue reading