HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chuck4247: There are some things in life worth putting down everything , even things that need doing, in order to attend to. Is listening to Jesus one of them for you?
- Catechism: An interestin g side note… ;”No li Me Tangere 221; was on the Alabama Secession Convention Flag. One side of the flag displayed the Goddess of Liberty holding a sword in...
- robtbrown: mcferran says: It’s just plain uncharitab le to make fun of somebody’s name. The fact that Professor Faggioli may be uncharitab le to others (even his own ordinary) does not give license...
- Sandy: Being military through and through, this is one of my very favorite charities. Just recently sent a check. A few years back, I went to the neighborin g Marine base for daily Mass, having...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: About the “nol i me tangere 221;: since I began praying Matins regularly, I’ve been struck by that text in Ps. 104: “nol i tangere christos meos” ;....
- acardnal: Comment in moderation queue.
- rally1042: Thank you Father. Would not have known otherwise. Done!
- Mr. Graves: The best line in SkojecR 17;s whole piece is, ultimately , a comfort to the orthodox who are being marginaliz ed and persecuted in this era: “Men of Faggioli’s transit...
- Athelstan: “He was fired from a Catholic periodical that survives by playing it safe, because he wouldn’t play it safe.” No: Unfortunat ely, Mark was fired by the Register for his pattern of...
- Athelstan: At his best, he can serve to keep more politicall y conservati ve Catholics honest, for example on capital punishment . Mark’ ;s abusive treatment of Edward Feser and others who...
- CaliCatholicGuy: OF mass at 1700 today – “youth” mass with a worship band of baby boomers mostly, and a congregati on of 3/4ths boomers or older. Father spoke of the need to be balance...
- Kennedy: It’s lovely to read Maureen M’s comment about a priest from Nairobi, while I was at Mass in Nairobi and an Italian missionary , for whom I have great affection and admiration ,...
- DJAR: Our parish priest gave an excellent sermon on the mystery of Repentance . He specifical ly mentioned that, if so many people are receiving Holy Communion regularly, they should also be...
- Kathleen10: Father told us the miracle of the fishes and loaves was truly a miracle, and that it was mentioned in all four gospels, sometimes twice. It was a miracle, he did not mention anyth...
- Maureen M: We had a priest from Nairobi today giving a missionary appeal. He began his homily by asking all of us why we come to Mass each week. After touching on many different reasons people...
- TRW: Ordinary Form. Diocesan Mass. Reading about Martha and Mary. Father spoke about the need to find time for silence/ prayer/con templation . Basically explained that it wasn’ ;t an option.
- Discerning Altar Boy: In a world so focused on talking and sending output, we need to learn to listen. Like Mary, we should take time in the quiet moments to listen to the voice of the Lord.
- Mike: If they weren’t suppressed , John Carroll would not have come back to Maryland colonies and in 1789 founded Georgetown University . Oh, wait.
- Gab: TonyO, you’ re quite right. They will start with diaconate ordination s and then, of course, having accomplish ed that would push it further until female “pri ests” ; seem the...
- tzabiega: In Poland, there is a conference being planned on bioethics that is completely orthodox and is being organized by…t he Polish Jesuit Province, who in Poland are one of the leading...
- Uxixu: … celebrate the TLM and Latin 1962 Divine Office *Exclusive ly*
- Uxixu: While the initial suppressio n appears to be unjust, I do fear their structure has problems inherent to it if the leadership should become corrupted (as it undoubtedl y is). That said, would...
- TonyO: Whatever doubt there is legitimate ly with regard to the reason the Jesuits were suppressed in 1773, there can be no doubt that they have deserved suppressio n, lo for 4 decades and more in...
- Fuerza: Today̵ 7;s homily was a little unusual for me. I attended Mass at our diocesan cathedral, where I don’ t typically go. The homily was literally three sentences, and because of the...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee: Yep, those Rent-A-Mob s do exist. Supporters of these mobs have set up “wed ding registries ” on the Amazon dot com to provide support.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Earth’s Circular Shadow on the Moon – observed by Aristotle
- VIDEO which could help some participate more fully at the Traditional Latin Mass (and probably Novus Ordo too)
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene – one tough cookie
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: SSPX
There is an amazing video available of an amazing project mounted by the SSPX in these USA. They are building a huge and beautiful new church. One of the things I find interesting about this video is the intelligent commentary … Continue reading
UPDATE 24 June I had a note from Peter Vere which, with his permission, I should add to the post. A number of folks have sent me the following link, in which you mention my name directly, regarding the SSPX. … Continue reading
Edward Pentin reports at the National Catholic Register that Francis has appointed someone to run the new section within the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith which has taken over the brief of my old stomping ground the former … Continue reading
On the brink of the commencement of the sex abuse “summit”, which is organized to speak to a dreadful problem in the Church, but is designed to avoid the root cause, I received this morning a video produced by the … Continue reading
There is a lively post on low-gluten hosts and celiac disease. HERE In the comments under that post, a commentator says: TLM people don’t believe that lay people should ever touch a chalice, this means that I can’t receive communion … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking quite a bit about the implications of a new Motu Proprio by which the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” might be suppressed because the “pastoral emergency” for which it was created is no long present. It’s brief would, … Continue reading
This was gracious. From the US site of the SSPX. Bp. Robert Morlino, Brave Defender of the Traditional Mass, Passes Away Bishop Morlino of the Madison, WI diocese, passed away Saturday evening last, after a sudden “cardiac event,” shocking traditionally-minded … Continue reading
The new Superior of the SSPX, Italian Fr. Davide Pagliarani, has given a hard-hitting interview. Originally in Nouvelles de Chrétienté, it is in English HERE Samples: The Society holds a treasure in its hands. […] Our fondest wish is that the official … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is it permissible to attend an SSPX wedding? I thought that the couple (or priest) would first need to request permission from the local bishop and then also have a diocesan priest at the wedding, but … Continue reading
The controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC par. 2267 continues. Keep in mind that, while the teaching of CCC 2267 concerns the death penalty, the real problem is that the Pope seems to have contradicted what the Church has always taught … Continue reading
The SSPX leadership has been meeting to elect officers and make decisions about their future direction. Recently, they elected as their Superior an Italian priest, Fr. David Pagliarani. If stories be true, he has some game. There is an anecdote … Continue reading
UPDATE 12 July: An interview with the new SSPX Superior. UPDATE 11 July: Turncoat Tornielli at Inside Vatican has put a negative spin on this election, concluding that an “agreement is farther off”. How he gets to that conclusion is … Continue reading
From the FSSP site: New Superior General Elected: Fr. Andrzej Komorowski The General Chapter of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP), held from July 3rd to July 18th, 2018 at Our Lady of Guadalupe International Seminary in Denton, Nebraska, … Continue reading
This morning I saw some tweets about new priests: 14 subdeacons and 5 deacons will be ordained this morning by His Excellency Joseph Cordileone for our community. Keep them in your prayers! #Limerick #Catholic #Ireland — ICKSP-Ireland (@canonicuslebocq) July 4, … Continue reading
29 June 1988. French Archbp. Marcel Lefebvre consecrated bishops without pontifical mandate. He, thus defied John Paul II who had personally appealed to him, create an ambiguous state for the SSPX which he founded, and incurred with the bishops who … Continue reading