Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Elizabeth D said Christ Mass is a popular name for the Dec 25 Feast...
- Marg said The Holy Innocents were still under the Old Law, s...
- williamjm said There seems to be serious confusion, PostCatholic....
- jameeka said Perfect example of “bowdlerize”. Why w...
- PostCatholic said Be as insistent as you like. More General Tso̵...
- John UK said Sadly, on this side of the pond “merit”...
- Mike said Plug-in on Opera under Windows 7, as usual with no...
- liebemama said We were just talking about this yesterday… w...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! (Couldn’t get past 3 minutes...
- Mariana2 said Thank you, Father!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. I always listen on the post.
- Dr. Edward Peters said I think they were martyrs, because I think the Chu...
- mpolo said This blessing is still in the German “Benedi...
- majuscule said I just returned from a very reverent Ordinary Form...
- jflare said “Christmas is a secular holiday.” As d...
- jflare said chuck, “So the “twelve Apostles” argument go...
- Nun2OCDS said Today at after a Mass in Polish (I do not know Pol...
- andia said The one I heard was very disheartening, basically...
- williamjm said PostCatholic: I agree that there is a holiday cele...
- Mr. Screwtape said Canon Moreau graciously blessed several bottles (a...
- Mark said Father, you often times talk about how, “The...
- stephen c said Penta – I would like to hear Father Zuhldors...
- AnAmericanMother said The news has SO carefully not identified this indi...
- Bea said OOO, OOO, JuliB: I hope you meant a “Fan of...
- jameeka said Thank you for this, Father Z–this illustrate...
- Bea said Am mailing one on Monday. Lines into Mexico (back...
- Lin said Plug in on this post. You are in my daily prayers...
- jameeka said Just to be absolutely clear, genetically MALE, cor...
- donato2 said My prayer is that those who long for the tradition...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS – Sunday in the Octave of Christmas (1962MR)
- WDTPRS Childermas – Holy Innocents
- CHRISTMASCAzT 29: Why the three feasts after Christmas?
- 27 Dec: Today we bless WINE!
- CHRISTMASCAzT 28: “Be not afraid!”
- You’ve gotta hand it to SNL this time. VIDEO
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- The nonsense is coming to an end.
- KC, MO: anti-Catholic atrocity scheduled before Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- WDTPRS: Holy Family – children first learn who God is by knowing their parents
- ASK FATHER: Who can be elected Pope?
- CHRISTMASCAzT 27: Do you recognize the voice of your Lord?
- Your Christmas Sermon Notes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 26: O admirable exchange!
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: SSPX
Vatican Insider has an interview with Card. Pell, who is one of the Gang of 8.
In this interview the cardinal comments on the recent meeting of the Council of Cardinals with Francis, the reform of the Roman Curia, and Lefebvrist … Continue reading
From a reader:
A little over a year ago, the bishop of the Diocese of Calgary issued a statement banning Catholics in Calgary from attending the SSPX church stating that:
“1. According to Canon 300 – No association may call itself catholic except with the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Howdy Fr. Z [Fine, thanks!]
I had a question about fulfilling my Sunday Obligation at an SSPX chapel. First let me say, I am 100% with the bishops and the pope. I prefer the Latin Mass. I am about 50-60 minutes … Continue reading
I saw at Rorate a great post about the beautiful page of the FSSP’s seminary in Wigratzbad. It is in French, but you will
Great new blog: Wigratzbad seminary
The European seminary of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP), the Seminary … Continue reading
I read at Rorate about a strong speech given by SSPX Bp. Bernard Fellay which is effectively a denunciation of Pope Francis and Pope Benedict and – yawn – you know the rest.
Here is a sample:
“The situation of the Church … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr Z, can you help me out with the why here and right terms.. I’m missing a piece of the puzzle?
A priest was asking me a question, regarding another person who is coming from the SSPX back to … Continue reading
I am scratching my head this morning.
Pope Francis has moved the former Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“, who was eventually consecrated bishop and became the Papal Almoner, back to the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“… as Secretary… again.
From the … Continue reading
UPDATE 18 July:
There are some comments in the combox which help us get to what SSPX Italy really said. Take a look and decide if Gazzetta distorted the story.
From Gazzetta del Sud (their translation):
Lefebvrists chide pope over visit to … Continue reading
Wherein Fr. Z explains what is really going on with the canonizations of John XXIII and John Paul II
Today, in addition to Francis’ dedication of the Vatican City State to St. Michael (and does that place need defense of the attacks of Hell!) and in addition to the release of Benedict’s final encyclical, which is Francis’ first encyclical … Continue reading