Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Bryan D. Boyle said Rant on, Father. I think (and this is my own musin...
- LarryW2LJ said As I’ve asked myself so many times since tha...
- Christopher Hunt said Thanks, Father. I am so glad my mom made sure I le...
- Martial Artist said Father Z, I am simply glad to know that I am not a...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thank you Father, and be well. You sou...
- bookworm said Where’s Rudy Giuliani when we need him? A RI...
- arickett said This is a major problem and it depresses me know t...
- Ben Kenobi said I’m personally amused that the best ‘y...
- Ben Kenobi said @ SuperTradMom “Three, I know lots of single...
- Rev. Basil Lawrence, OSB said Through the plug in on the post. Nice cast.
- Ben Kenobi said Couple points here. One, all you older folks (boom...
- gramma10 said I believe we need to listen again to Archbishop Fu...
- rinkevichjm said And then I test that website out and find AFC has...
- gramma10 said Thank you Fr. Z. My experiences have not been that...
- rinkevichjm said If Fr Dave is too uncomfortable teaching then he s...
- Julian Barkin said @ John the Mad Thanks for chiming in about St. Iss...
- Grumpy Beggar said This text would really be great mounted on a plaqu...
- The Astronomer said I speculate that the point of the point above by j...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said And to join the discovery of Latin Antiquity with...
- andia said I would disagree with the idea that the vocations...
- MouseTemplar said So moving, it made me cry. “To sing is to pr...
- JARay said Surely there are jewelers in America who are able...
- moconnor said Yes, this is fairly old news just now picked up by...
- Charles E Flynn said There are no products in this world that lack a fi...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Thank you, Reverend Father, for this! What a wond...
- Suburbanbanshee said Legisperitus – It takes time for a responsib...
- Netmilsmom said Would it be possible to buy a pack of 12.00 Gold L...
- Matt R said Mosy properly, a bishop presides when he cannot ce...
- Michael said I wish we would get back to calling it, not just t...
- jhayes said Mike wrote 1a. The imposition by liberals of the e...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: St. Augustine
Here is a little Patristiblogger offering for your midday consideration.
This morning a priest friend and I were talking about the problems of leadership and being hated, loved, or feared.
Classic question: Is it better to be loved or feared?
Machiavelli had his … Continue reading
Today is the Summer Solstice. From now, our northern hemispheric days get shorter, as the world’s tilt starts changing our daily/seasonal clocks.
I wonder if the LCWR leadership have special plans tonight!
An ancient Augustinian sermon made a connection between the Birth … Continue reading
In rooting around in my things while writing an article for the paper, I found a great quote of Augustine.
For Augustine all created things in the universe, even inanimate things, both give witness to God and give Him glory.
“Respondent tibi … Continue reading
I am enjoying a break in my evening for a bit of frivolous entertainment. I was going to watch Bladerunner, but opted for something considerably lighter.
However, in a moment of post-modern self-conscious connection-making I’ll make a connection between this great … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s sermon for Holy Thursday Chrism Mass (in the morning, not the even “Last Supper” Mass).
UPDATE: This sermon is starting to get some sizzle. The New York Times is out and the head line is “Pope Assails ‘Disobedient’ … Continue reading
From a priest:
Do you know when exactly the formula for giving Communion to the faithful was changed?
In the Ordinary Form the minister says “Corpus Christi… The Body of Christ” and the communicant responds “Amen”.
In the Extraordinary … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for Mass in Berlin’s Olympic Stadium: “Every one of us is faced with this choice.”
The Holy Father’s Mass in Berlin’s Olympic Stadium continues as I write. The music for the offertory was as bad as anything I have ever heard for a Papal Mass anywhere. But I digress.
I love this quote from Augustine used … Continue reading