- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- acardnal said Michael H, Try “Defending Marriage: 12 Argum...
- ray from mn said Do we have permission now to describe what the abu...
- LarryW2LJ said ”No issue brings out so much hatred from so many C...
- robtbrown said Michael H, In the Old Law are Moral Precepts, Ce...
- Persistant said Not being from the US,I didn’t answer the po...
- mpmaron said frjim4321 – entropy needs no proof A profess...
- benedetta said This is interesting Father, thank you. Yesterday...
- benedetta said One thing one never hears though among the culture...
- Imrahil said By the way… apart from physical maturity, th...
- Imrahil said Well, let’s say “the Council Fathers a...
- Gratias said LGBTQ stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual, transgender...
- BLB Oregon said — Society has the right to define marriage a...
- BLB Oregon said –Could you imagine the uproar now if such a...
- Elizabeth D said I used to think homosexuality was biological in ba...
- Norah said Michael H you might like to have a look at: Why Sa...
- John Fannon said Here in West Dorset we have got a fine view of the...
- WYMiriam said Jenson71 asked “What’s the new vast power th...
- Lutgardis said Jenson71, here is some information on the effects...
- Jenson71 said It is my understanding that homosexuality is deter...
- Philippa Martyr said We’ve had beautiful clear sky at night for m...
- andia said Saturday Mass – Father spoke about the oath...
- Cradle Catholic said Moral_Hazard’s and Bea’s comments refl...
- WYMiriam said This is a real “keeper”, Fr. Z. Thank...
- Gratias said We may have the truth but “Who am I to judge...
- WYMiriam said It was an OF Mass I attended, and was initially pl...
- Auggie said Fr. Z., thanks for reminding us to pay attention t...
- Supertradmum said Sadly, we are in the mist of a thunderstorm here,...
- Supertradmum said robtbrown. Wow and I thought I was the oldest comm...
- Iprayiam said From Humanae Vitae: “Everything therefore in...
- Gerard Plourde said Saw the conjunction this evening on a long drive h...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense!
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- Congratulations Card. Burke: 40 years of priesthood!
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
- ASK FATHER: I work on Sunday. Can I go to Mass on another day?
- Interesting job opportunity with Benedictines of Norcia
- One White House reaction to Laudato si’
- More from the Religion of Peace
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: St. Lawrence of Brindisi
Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem.
Some scholars of Late Antiquity are skeptical about or even scoff at the ancient tales about Christian children who refused to renounce Christ even in the face of terrible pain and fear.
Even in our modern period, … Continue reading
The incarnation of evil called ISIS (ISIL… whatever), according to the tenets of the Religion of Peace, bravely beheaded another helpless journalist.
Prayers for him and for his family.
Prayers that more people will wake up to what is happening with the … Continue reading
I saw at Cross Map (with the help of Pewsitter) that the mouth-breathers of the Religion of Peace called Boko Haram, who seriously suffer from “Isis-envy” (I’m no shrink but that’s what it looks like) have upped their game right … Continue reading
I think it is pretty much certain now that Islamic terrorists of ISIS murdered an American journalist, James Foley, by beheading him.
Islamist militants ‘kill reporter James Foley on video’
The militants said the killing was revenge for US air strikes … Continue reading
More love from the Religion of Peace.
Is the use of military force justified to stop this?
From Jihad Watch:
Islamic State forcibly circumcises Christian men, sells 700 Yazidi women
[… I won’t post this part…]
“ISIS Forcefully Circumcised Assyrian Christian Men in Mosul, Sold … Continue reading
From Pamela Geller via Pewsitter:
Hamas-CAIR Protest in Miami: “We Are Hamas!”, Genocidal chants “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
Clad in the war garb of the jihad, the keffiye,h and chanting the Islamic death dirge, Khybar, Khybar, … Continue reading
The Iranian Supreme Leader has a solution for the problem of violence in the Middle East.
From the Daily Caller:
Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, stated on Wednesday that the only solution for the region is the destruction of Israel, and … Continue reading
Today on both sides of the Roman Rite we celebrate a Bishop and Doctor of the Church, St. Lawrence of Brindisi.
Know much about him?
I like this story about him from the Catholic Encyclopedia:
It was on the occasion of the foundation … Continue reading