Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Pius Admirabilis: Father, I have the exact same reaction to the exact same scene! When we see how Jesus falls as a child, and Mary rushes to Him – and then He falls under the Holy Cross and...
- Ms. M-S: Yes. And I think, every time I come to that part in the movie, that it means all of us as well.
- JustaSinner: Listened to your podcast of Stations for priests while praying the prescribed prayer 33 times. Best day this year… ;
- Gab: @ The Egyptian, I don’ t think much of those comments. Seems a bit of envy going on. As for the cost, the aim is to do something beautiful for God, have good quality vestments that last...
- Spinmamma: Yes, that movie is very difficult to watch as I weep through most of it. However, I force myself to watch it every Good Friday. My way of standing with Mary at the foot of the cross.
- The Egyptian: thought you might enjoy Southern Orders blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald,s posting on your new vestments, especially the comments. https://so uthernorde rspage.blo gspot.com/ 2019/04...
- arcillajohn: So beautiful! !!
- TheBackPew: Ditto, that is my #1 moment as well. And He did.
- Kathleen10: They look terrific. I would especially like them for Marian days because of the blue.
- Kathleen10: Is that the moment when she sees Him as her little boy? Yes, just saying that in my mind makes my eyes water. Every mother sees her baby in that moment and feels her pain.
- Diana: Me too. Such a perfect movie.
- bibi1003: I read at LifeSite News today that 3 days before this man showed up at St. Patrick 217;s, he was arrested for trespassin g at NewarkR 17;s Sacred Heart Cathedral. It was also...
- Charles E Flynn: Amazon.com ’s listing for the DVD Definitive Edition shows a Blu-ray Definitive Edition, but when you click its button, you get the regular Blu-ray. The ASIN for the Blu-ray...
- richiedel: Can someone find the part in the law about how the two “sna cks” cannot add up to one full meal?
- Suburbanbanshee: Chewing gum is mentioned by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, IIRC, in the form of pine tar, mastic, etc. And he said it was okay, but not to smack your lips and chew obviously, so as not...
- JustaSinner: Beautiful! Worthy of The Lord.
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: I need to redownload the scriptural way of the cross. There are a few apps available. I like the one Via Crucis. I just wish it came with an audio. I tried the papal one...
- carndt: Please edify me on Holy Thursday&a mp;Good Friday. When I was young( pre-VII): – there was not feet washing of anyone. Last night there was feet washing of laity, 12 individual s. One...
- Imrahil: (Except, I guess, for the latter – which I intended to delete from the comment, but there goes.)
- Imrahil: Anyway, what about the apple (or for that matter orange) juice? Or the skim-milk of the Wisconseni ans (what̵ 7;s the word for them?)? They might be borderline cases, especially with...
- Mariana2: Should have read: my Lutheran husband 217;s apple juice.
- Mariana2: I looked rather longingly on my husband 217;s apple juice today̷ 0;
- pbnelson: @Imrahil, thanks!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Semper: As we sang this morning 230; Dómine, audívi auditiónem tuam, * et tímui. Dómine, opus tuum, * in médio annórum vivífica illud: In médio annórum notum fácies: * cum...
- Imrahil: Chewing gum? One after each meal and collation seems okay. After all, they are hardly nourishing . The point is, they must in a sensible manner be part of the meal or the collati...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: stole
From a reader… I am a sacristan at my parish. This past Friday we had Stations of the Cross and Benediction led by our Permanent Deacon. The strange thing was that the deacon wore the priest’s stole with the cope … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When a priest vests as a deacon at High Mass, does he wear the stole as a deacon would under the dalmatic? Or as a priest? I happened to notice a priest wearing it as a … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Does a priest have to wear a stole during confession? I surprised a priest and asked for confession and he did without a stole. No, a priest does not have to wear a stole. The stole is … Continue reading
Are there any cobblers, leather workers out there? Years ago I inherited a small “wallet” for a pocket stole. I almost always have a stole and oil stock about my person. One use for my spare mag pocket on my … Continue reading
From a reader: I’ve encountered the custom of the penitent kissing the sole of the priest after he is given absolution. I have been unable to find any information about the origins or the application of this practice. I have … Continue reading
From a seminarian: As ordination season is fast approaching, I am hoping you can enlighten me concerning a custom relating to priestly ordinations which has become a topic of discussion among seminarians of late. Specifically, I am wondering whether you … Continue reading
From a reader: My friend’s ordination is coming up in a number of months, and I’d like to get him something meaningful and useful. I’m a little short on money, so I have to start planning and saving now. He’s … Continue reading
A reader asked: Can/Should the stole be worn outside the chasuble by the celebrant during Mass? No. This was obviously asked because some priest out there is wearing his stole over the chasuble. And I’ll bet all the money in … Continue reading
From a reader: Today I was reading “Pardon and Peace” by Fr. Randolph, and he writes “Church law requires that confessions should normally be heard in a proper confessional” and that for hearing confessions “a priest should always wear a … Continue reading
From a priest reader: I try to bring into the Novus Ordo as many elements from the old rite as I can, where permitted. My question is: is it licit for a priest celebrating Mass according to the new rite … Continue reading
The other day when Benedict XVI was at Westminster Abbey, together with Anglican Archbp. Williams for an Anglican service, I just about sprayed my Mystic Monk Coffee on the screen when I heard that the Holy Father chose to wear … Continue reading