Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Ed the Roman said Yes, I’m an American. But F1 is the best rac...
- Ed the Roman said I thank him, too.
- NoraLee9 said The car was cool. The scenery was cooler. When t...
- NoraLee9 said I have heard it. I had a priest friend tell me th...
- Nicholas said I heard recently that priests and future priests (...
- DeGaulle said Might I recommend rabbi David G. Dalin’s ...
- brk said My husband was chastised by a priest at that very...
- RafqasRoad said But Fr.!!, But Fr.!!, you simply cannot ignore the...
- The Cobbler said Imrahil, “The notion that anything really im...
- Synod on the Family Debate Heats Up - BigPulpit.com said [...] Fisking Cardinal Kaspers New Comments [......
- marcelus said Luciano says: 1 October 2014 at 7:48 pm marcelus,...
- spock said I was at a store run by the Pauline sisters recent...
- dominic1955 said I think these kinds of cars are neat to watch in a...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said JesusFreak84 says: loves tea They have lots of tea...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Let us pray for all that are involved I’d mu...
- The Masked Chicken said “As I personally experienced, a priest (Air...
- iamlucky13 said “For whatever reason, the priest may not agr...
- Philippa Martyr said Father Federico Lombardi, the director of the Vati...
- cresci said PS: The Government gets the people on their side b...
- cresci said I have read all the other comments superficially,...
- Philippa Martyr said I guess the single in question will know already b...
- ChrisRawlings said The Pope kept a photo of St. Josemaria Escriva on...
- Philippa Martyr said Hi Imrahil - I understand entirely what you mean b...
- The Masked Chicken said ‘Who doesn’t turn to Lucius for light...
- Unwilling said Antonin, thanks for the nod. “Jesus did not...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Was not Pope Benedict XVI’s first homily in...
- wmeyer said Can anyone here speak to the quality of the Latin...
- The Masked Chicken said No. no..you’re not being sneaky enough. To...
- cresci said This number of seminarians is common on most major...
- Seamus said I believe it was St. Boniface who wrote to the pop...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- From whom demons withdraw in terror and pain
- What Fr. Z is watching and reading
- Posting comments here
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia
ALERT! I hereby dispense any and all of you reticent about shopping on Sunday so that you can go forth to gather celebratory provisions for tomorrow’s glorious feast.
Tomorrow, 22 October, is the Feast of…
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia!
Perhaps paella would be appropriate?
I’d … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia pray for us.
In other news, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarch in Tblisi is being credited with boosting the birth-rate in Georgia. On LifeSite I read that the Patriarch Ilia II … Continue reading
ARABIC TO BECOME A PART OF THE POPE’S GENERAL AUDIENCE
Vatican City, (VIS) – Beginning on Wednesday 10 October, during the Holy Father’s weekly general audience, an Arabic speaker will join the other speakers who provide a summary of the … Continue reading
NAIROBI, Kenya, Sept. 30 (UPI) — A grenade attack on a Catholic church Sunday school in Kenya killed one boy and critically injured six other children, the Red Cross said.
The attack happened around 10:30 a.m. at the St. Polycarp … Continue reading
Fox News confirms US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three of his staff were killed last night in an attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, as anti-Islam film sparks attacks against US compounds in Libya and Egypt by armed … Continue reading
52 Killed in Central Nigeria Raids and Reprisals
By AHMED SAKA Associated Press
JOS, Nigeria July 8, 2012 (AP)
Raids and reprisal attacks have left 52 people dead in Christian villages near a Nigerian city where authorities have struggled to contain religious … Continue reading
I picked this up from the blog Etheldreda’s Place of frequent commentator here, Supertradmom.
You know, these days there just aren’t enough girls being named “Etheldreda”.
In any event, take a look at this, which I lifted from the aforementioned. Go visit … Continue reading
There has been another attack in Nigeria by Muslim suicide bomber on a Catholic church. 4 DEAD.
Coming to a neighborhood near you… though it will probably be a different set of activists before these other killers get around to it.
Sts. … Continue reading
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us
By Felix Onuah and Camillus Eboh
ABUJA | Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:17am EST
(Reuters) – Five bombs exploded on Christmas Day at churches in Nigeria, one killing at least 27 people, raising fears that … Continue reading
Today, 22 October, is the feast of the glorious martyrs Sts. Nunilo and Alodia!
Nunilo and Alodia were 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father and Christian mother. They chose … Continue reading