Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- HvonBlumenthal: Does canon law permit the Archiocese to withdraw faculties without cause?
- Hb: Shameful but not surprising .
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Phillips of @SJCantius will NOT be allowed to return to public ministry after he was exonerated
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
For years I have contended that if we do not revitalize our sacred liturgical worship, every initiative we undertake as a Church will wither and face. Everything we do must start in worship and must be brought back to liturgical worship. We must … Continue reading
His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah, Prefect of the CDW, gave an fantastic talk in Germany on the occasion of a colloquium held for the 10th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum, Benedict’s XVI’s “emancipation proclamation” for the older, traditional form of the Roman … Continue reading
I have often lauded the important book by Martin Mosebach The Heresy of Formlessness. I warmly recommend it. US HERE – UK HERE As a matter of fact, it was first on my suggestions for Lenten reading. HERE
First Things has published a piece … Continue reading
If you are a priest who has been hassled by your bishop about saying the traditional Mass with the 1962 Missale Romanum, pay attention. Help has arrived.
Recently a priest of my acquaintance sent two questions to my old haunts the Pontifical … Continue reading
Another reaction at NLM.
Be sure to read a response posted at CWR by a priest who wrote his thesis on Universae Ecclesiae. HERE
___ Originally Published on: Feb 8, 2017 ___
When I was around the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“, in its early days, … Continue reading
Summorum Pontificum, Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio, applies to the entire Latin Church. Bishops can’t override it.
Some articles of SP get more attention than others. Here is one which might not be immediately present in your mind:
Art. 7. Ubi aliquis coetus fidelium laicorum, … Continue reading
As Prez of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison, I want to leave it all on the field. We are doing our best to SAVE THE WORLD, one Mass at a time. We want Holy Mass to … Continue reading
I have smart friends who think that – things being as they are – the SSPX should NOT at this time accept terms offered by the Holy See. It’s hard to see what that might entail… things being as they … Continue reading
Does Pope Francis think that young people who want Traditional Latin Mass are rigid, defensive, insecure?
I’ve been on the road for a couple days, so I’m just now getting to this.
From LifeSite [with my emphases and comments]:
Pope Francis on the young who like Latin Mass: ‘Why so much rigidity?’
On second thought, I’m not going to put time and energy into this.
I … Continue reading
I haven’t seen many photos from the beautiful Pontifical Mass we had in the Basilica of St. Peter during the 2016 Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage. However, I spotted this video of the undersigned, acting as Deacon for the Mass. HERE
? Sequentia Sancti Evangelii Secundum … Continue reading
Summorum Pontificum was a tremendous gift to the whole Church. It was certainly one of the most – if not the most – important achievements of Benedict XVI, part of what I cal his Marshall Plan. It is a great … Continue reading