Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- YorkshireStudent said Mind you, for all it’s a spurious story OR s...
- sw85 said A few points to insist on for all involved: (A) Ev...
- boxerpaws1952 said you should read the garbage the Huff Post put up a...
- boxerpaws1952 said ” The Holy Father’s comments have been hijac...
- catholicgauze said Semi-response from Vatican. http://vaticaninsider...
- The Masked Chicken said You are taking about the Torino Scale (named from...
- Jerry said “Such annulments are often impossible to obt...
- JustaSinner said One of my favorite go-to prayers: “Glory be...
- iowapapist said Our beloved Holy Father uses very little discretio...
- robtbrown said Even if the story is not true, there’s littl...
- catholicgauze said Pope Francis calls me all the time. Strangely he...
- Patrick-K said “how many times removed is this?” you...
- The Astronomer said I’m awaiting a by-the-book annulment of my w...
- AngelGuarded said I will pray for you and your spouse. My husband an...
- StWinefride said The reader says: For reasons all her own (and she...
- MarylandBill said As an amateur astronomer and a long time space gee...
- GregH said I would go sell all that I had if one of my 3 boys...
- Vecchio di Londra said Thank you for these helpful theological sound-bite...
- Imrahil said First, I find it remarkable (I do not say that in...
- madisoncanonist said A sanatio in radice can be done without the knowle...
- ejcmartin said As I was at Mass this morning I kept wondering if...
- pannw said @Kerry says: “The O-administration is a kill...
- yatzer said Stunning! But I had no idea there were flamingos i...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Canonical form today causes more problems than it...
- Kerry said Ah, bombus impatiens. But no apis mellifera? No...
- MacBride said Ditto..My situation almost exactly mirrors this si...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! I do love being Catholic, the Chur...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. Waugh’s book is charming, he...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Confusion in Telegraph story about Francis and divorce/remarriage
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
A reader sent the following enthusiastic filmette:
Be the Maquis!
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM, TLM
From a reader:
I just read the post in which you shared a reader’s observation about the pastoral nature of the TLM. I experienced something similar. I went to my first TLM on Nov. 2 for All Souls. A few days … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider:
“A Temple is a place where we gather to worship God, not celebrate a rite”
At this morning’s mass in St. Martha’s House the Pope said Christians have lost sight of the meaning of worship: “We go to the … Continue reading
I hope the libs at the NSR are celebrating Archbp. Kurtz’s support, as a “moderate”, of the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite.
True “moderates” are also true “traditionalists”.
Our long-time reader, friend, benefactor, commentator here Henry Edwards guides the Knoxville … Continue reading
From a reader:
I finally figured out why I love the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. I attended the Requiem Mass for All Souls at ___ in ___ this weekend. The Priest and the servers were composed of the younger Priests in our … Continue reading
Last night (here in Rome) I had an interesting supper with a Roman friend and a couple from the USA who are here on a visit.
They recounted the uphill battle they have had to obtain cooperation of their parish priest … Continue reading
I received a note from a parishioner at my home parish back in St. Paul, MN, The Church of St. Agnes.
I have been a parishioner at St. Agnes in St. Paul for 14 months having moved to the Twin Cities … Continue reading
In the Big Interview, Francis said in response to a question about the Second Vatican Council something about the Vetus Ordo, the older Mass, the Extraordinary Form.
I’ll cut to the chase for those of you who only read the title … Continue reading
From a reader:
What do you think would the effect be of a public Papal Mass in the Extraordinary Form, if were ever to happen?
The quick answer is that it would send a strong message that a) it is important to … Continue reading
I called for you to celebrate the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum going into effect.
Someone did Pope Benedict proud!
I direct your attention to Catholic Cuisine: Deo gratias!
Technorati Tags: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM