HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- MissBee: Last picture is excellent.
- Semper Gumby: The Instrument um Laboris in English: https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 6/exclusiv e-full-tex t-of-amazo n-synod.ht ml?m=1 A few quotes: “In the Amazon, life is...
- Fr. Aaron Sandbothe: St Ephrem writes beautifull y on this in his Hymn on the Faith No.10: 1. Lord, you have had it written: ‘Ope n your mouth and I will fill it’ See, Lord, your...
- Supertradmum: Malachi Martin was a genius, a better than good writer, and had fantastic insights, which became rather prophetic. His Vatican insiders fed him great informatio n, and as a Jesuit, he...
- Dinocrates: I definitely think it’s a case by case situation. I live near a vibrant FSSP parish and there doesn̵ 7;t seem to me any logical reason to go to the SSPX chapel nearby. The...
- veritas vincit: “Goo d start, but should really put an interdict on the school. The Regulars couldn’t stay without risking censure. 8221; The 1983 revision of Code of Canon Law (if not...
- Semper Gumby: Well done, now on to the Fishwrap. Fool_for_C hrist: Those “rel igion̶ 1; teachers sound like a bad joke: Two feminists and a Marxist walk into a Catholic school and walk...
- Semper Gumby: Samuel Gregg̵ 7;s lecture is intriguing . The suggested reading is a half-dozen articles including Gregg̵ 7;s critiques of RR Reno (First Things) and Patrick Deneen (Notre...
- MB: Good old Malachi Martin! When they introduced Fr. Pedro ArrupeR 17;s cause for canonizati on, he was the first person I thought of!
- semperficatholic: My husband read “Win dswept House̶ 1; three times. I called him into the office, sat him down and had him watch the Church Militant video. Throughout the whole thing he...
- Supertradmum: Years ago, Cardinal George told a priest friend of mine that if he had to get rid of all the gay priests in the archdioces e, he would lose 33% of his priests. As late as 6 years ago,...
- chesterton63: An interestin g article by Sandro Magister about the upcoming synod: http://mag ister.blog autore.esp resso.repu bblica.it/ 2019/06/20 /the-amazo n-train-ha s-pulled-o ut-next...
- chesterton63: While I think that the two hosts in subject were actually unconsecra ted (why someone would take the risk of stealing consecrate d hosts just to leave them unattended in a book?), I...
- Uxixu: Good start, but should really put an interdict on the school. The Regulars couldnR 17;t stay without risking censure.
- mepoindexter: Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
- Benedict Joseph: The bright lights looking to eradicate celibacy in the Latin Rite might make themselves aware of the dearth of “voc ationsR 21; among men to the Protestant ministry. We...
- Just Some Guy: I’m glad that Rome is employing representa tives from the Madison, Omaha, Charlotte, and Guadalajar a Jalisco to discuss how to boost vocations in a particular area… ; Oh...
- Kerry: carndt, you might like ‘The First HeroesR 17;, about the Doolittle raiders. Jacob DeShazer survived Japanese captivity, and returned to Japan as a missionary as well. IIRC, he may...
- arga: I must be blind. I have read the CM story four times. There is no link to any of the documents CM claims to own, and the victim is never named and no pronoun is used to indicate whether the...
- LeeGilbert: Just for the record, DePaul U. in Chicago is anything but a Catholic school, and a succession of ordinaries have been totally remiss in not condemning it. When I was there in 1964, John...
- robtbrown: Hidden One, I don’ t know what you mean by giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. The news, going back to the letter of ViganoR 17;, should not cause anyone to suspect every...
- Benedict Joseph: As you said, Father Z, regarding another issue today, “ 230; remember that God cannot be deceived when it comes to motives. 8221; I’m afraid this piece of wisdom...
- Greg Hlatky: Once in his shop a workman wrought With languid hand, and listless thought, When through the open windowR 17;s space Behold! – a Camel thrust his face. “My nose is...
- carndt: After just finishing the book on Fr. Gereon Goldmann, OFM is truly amazing. After his ordeal during WWII he dedicates himself to be a missionary in Japan. Book title,” The Shadow of His...
- Unwilling: “Don ’t line up all at once… ;ladies 220;. Or if we come to accept blessings of homosexual unionsR 30;?
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Shades of Windswept House – UPDATED with a new interview about the late Card. Bernardin
- Earthquake at near Rome – 20:43:47 (UTC) Magnitude 3.4 at a depth of 5 KM – @ Colonna, Italy
- VIDEO Fr @GeraldMurray8 and Dr @RobertSRoyal analyze hot-button issues
- ASK FATHER: Can I really fulfill my Mass obligation at an SSPX chapel?
- Concerning the upcoming Synod, Germans and Tapirs
- ACTION ITEM: How you can help defend the Seal of Confession in California
- “This ‘Communion in the hand’ thing needs to stop.”
- #ActonU 2019 Day 4: Great people… great content
- Archd. of Indianapolis says Jesuit school isn’t Catholic
- #ActonU 2019 Day 1 = Day 3: getting up to speed
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Supreme Court
From Live Action News: Obama nominee Garland sided against Priests for Life in contraception mandate case As Americans attempt to discern the views of Judge Merrick Garland, President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, … Continue reading
There is a great account in The Atlantic about the moment Justice Clarence Thomas asked his first question in the Court in a full decade and a handful of days. Excerpt: Clarence Thomas Breaks His Silence The Supreme Court justice … Continue reading
I just heard that the Supreme Court of the United States, in a unanimous decision, struck down “buffer zones” around the clinical profit centers of big-business abortion. I also heard that SCOTUS found that Pres. Obama’s so-called recess appointments to … Continue reading
Dreadful news from the Supreme Court: Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act provision The Supreme Court has struck down a federal provision denying benefits to legally married gay couples. The 5-4 decision found the Defense of Marriage Act … Continue reading
Pres. Obama has promoted abortion 241 times. Do you want him to choose two more Supreme Court Justices?
If re-elected, Pres. Obama would probably get to nominate two more Supreme Court Justices. Think about that. No vote at all is a “yes” vote for Obama. Now read this from Life News: President Obama’s Abortion Record: Promoting Abortion 241 Times … Continue reading
POLL BELOW It seems that, in some convoluted way, Obamacare was somewhat upheld by the Supreme Court. That means that the law under which the the Obama Administration’s “HHS mandate” is still a threat to our religious liberty. Here is … Continue reading
One of the greatest victories of feminists and left – including their catholic dupes and water-carriers – was to divorce the issue abortion from civil rights (and in the context of the Church, social justice) and twist it instead into … Continue reading
In the wake of Pres. Obama’s direct attacks on the 1st Amendment both in its religious liberty clause and freedom of speech clause, in the wake of the Pres. Obama’s bungling of the Chen Guangcheng Affair, I read this on CNA: … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight. In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move … Continue reading
I have so much to read that I quail at the idea of more. Still, after a reader alerted me to this, I am thinking that perhaps I did not make a mistake by putting Newsmax on my wishlist. My … Continue reading