- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- discens said Imrahil. Whatever the Pope as Supreme Pastor decid...
- Imrahil said And those who manage to acquire a fully lawful dis...
- discens said robtbrown. As I understand it the Pope has univers...
- Martlet said It is gorgeous. I wish we could afford one since...
- Kathleen10 said Interesting discussion, all.
- Phil_NL said Pray, and be prayed for. But also use reason: give...
- andia said You said we should stock up on hosts, candles and...
- robtbrown said Gabriel Syme, The FSSP is/was not a splinter of...
- AVL said Diocese of Las Vegas Bishop Joseph Pepe http://dio...
- Charles E Flynn said Prominent lexicographers asserting that marriage i...
- vandalia said In the interest of clarity, note that when Dr. Pet...
- cdet1997 said It’s beautiful. And most important, there...
- robtbrown said Imrahil, I wrote here some time ago that it had al...
- Suburbanbanshee said Oh, and of course it’s always good to pray a...
- robtbrown said Discens, Are you saying that you agree that Prim...
- Suburbanbanshee said I suppose there are fewer and fewer “airport...
- Pigeon said The common answer to a lot of these questions is s...
- Ignatius said Justice Scalia has said, time and again, that he t...
- Thomas Stewart said As nothing has been yet done to the vocal proponen...
- Pigeon said I got redirected just now from wdtprs.com main pag...
- raitchi2 said Dr. Peter’s writes, “CLSA Comm. 932, n...
- The Masked Chicken said Oh, please. With Dr. Who you can have dinosaurs a...
- Auggie said I can envision a novel, akin to Greene’s THE...
- discens said Imrahil. No offense taken! Anyway you say, “...
- Sword40 said back in the late 1970’s we became involved w...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Let’s not have domination of this thread by...
- Gabriel Syme said Apologies to Fr Z; In my post at 5.48am, I wrote:...
- Gabriel Syme said LA & Imrahil, My apologies if I have been inac...
- Gabriel Syme said discens, Fair enough my friend, I do not resent yo...
- MouseTemplar said Once I find a job, it will be my goal to buy one o...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Synod of Bishops
Last October we saw the disputes and problems that erupted during the Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the Family. There were behind scenes plots, thefts of books, attempts to repress the press, revolt on the floor, sudden changes in procedures… … Continue reading
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber:
Synod On The Family Admits New ‘Caitlyn’ Jenner Vanity Fair Cover ‘A Game Changer’
Members of the Synod on the Family scrambled to meet today to discuss what some bishops are calling “a game … Continue reading
You heard about the strange “shadow council” held about the same time that the Pope’s council of the Synod of Bishops was meeting to discuss, inter alia, the upcoming Synod and its MO. HERE
The “shadow council” was held in Rome, … Continue reading
Here’s a disturbing report about how the upcoming Synod is being shaped. There is a lot to read here, but take time to do it. This is important.
From CNA and Le Figaro with my emphases and comments:
Rome, Italy, May 26, 2015 / 03:01 … Continue reading
A the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is a piece you readers of the Fishwrap might want to peruse. The writer points to a sermon recently given by His Eminence Vincent Card. Nichols of Westminster at … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is upset that over 800 priests and some bishops signed a letter asking that traditional Catholic doctrine be upheld at the next Synod of Bishops.
It’s strange simply to write that.
I … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
I want to bump this to the top so that more priests will see it after a busy weekend.
Published on: Apr 25, 2015 @ 9:58
You will recall that hundreds of priests in England signed a letter, published in the Catholic Herald, … Continue reading
At the Italian site Nuova Bussola, we find the observations of Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga about the possibility of Communion for the divorced and remarried.
Impossible? “No!”, says the Cardinal.
And if the upcoming Synod rejects the proposal, the Kasperite Solution, hey!… … Continue reading
The upcoming Synod of Bishops in October is probably going to be a knock-down, drag-out over a few issues. The Germans are set on achieving a progressive agenda and have hinted at doing their own thing if the Synod doesn’t … Continue reading
His Eminence Kurt. Card. Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity (Card. Kasper’s old billet), has firmly rejected the progressivist notions which Card. Müller called “absolutely anti-Catholic”. From LifeSite with my emphases and comments:
Vatican cardinal tells German bishops: We can’t adapt … Continue reading