You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Athelstan said Hello Legis, I wager you weren’t the only on
- semperficatholic said Thanks for posting this. A very timely article for...
- Legisperitus said Honestly, when I was 6 years old and started readi...
- pmullane said Supertradmum: “The route to holiness must be...
- Supertradmum said We have one priority. To cooperate with God to liv...
- dnicoll said As John Donne may have said: No man is an Iland, i...
- Athelstan said It’s true that the new translation is not pe...
- Midwest St. Michael said Oh man! Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. :) As a l...
- pmullane said Yes! For someone trying to properly participate, M...
- Navarricano said E-mail duly sent, Father. And thank you very much...
- Supertradmum said Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias, and e-mail sent!
- Joe of St Thérèse said The most ab libbed part of the Mass I have seen is...
- chriskelly said Father, referring to my previous post – do...
- Woodlawn said Fr. Z said: “Apparently the separation of ch...
- torch621 said @muckemdanno Yes they are in full communion with t...
- jilly4ski said sirlouis, Saint John’s University School of...
- Hank Igitur said Kitchen island? Silly me, I have always thought th...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Get like minded boys that wish to kneel serving on...
- Tina in Ashburn said Yippee.
- muckemdanno said Uh-oh…this priest has used the “E̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A.J. Schulte’s 1907 “Altar (in Liturgy...
- Kathleen10 said What fools we mortals be. We throw away a tapestry...
- Joseph-Mary said My pastor will follow the sacramentary but does lo...
- Nan said @Gail F, you have failed to read the fine print. W...
- iPadre said Since I have been a bit under the weather for the...
- Geoffrey said Celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist “ad...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you, cathgrl, that answers my question.
- Jack Phinn said Almighty God, our heavenly Father, we understand t...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I very much hope this poor soul, who committed the...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: The Catholic Herald
At the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, there is an interesting piece by a priest who gives tips for a better celebration of Holy Mass, am improved ars celebrandi. There are tips for the priest … Continue reading
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, The Dean of Bexley, the P.P. of Blackfen, Fr. Tim Finigan, has a useful post on his blog, which is also one of his columns for the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald.
Each week … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, usually provides us with the service each day of alerting us to a few interesting news items. I check it every day. Here is one the editor, Luke Coppen, found on UCANews (a … Continue reading
In the digital edition of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, I saw a great pieces.
First, and I think this is only on the full, digital edition and not on the website, there is an article by Edward … Continue reading
Over at the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, there is some amusing but serious faux advice to secular journalists about how to report on the Pope. Check it out!
Covering the Pope: a guide for journalists
Milo Yiannopoulos sheds some … Continue reading
The best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, now has a spiffy app for your iPhone and iPad.
You can find it HERE. To see the whole paper you have to get a subscription.
I have used the app now … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, the indomiable William Oddie has comments about the first Sunday Mass with the new, corrected translation.
I like this bit:
Well, the new translation of the Mass is now up and running, and, … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, William Oddie has a piece today following up on the reports surrounding the Instruction on Summ0rum Pontificum, Universae Ecclesiae.
Let’s see some of it with my emphases and comments.
The Pope’s ambition, … Continue reading
We need to support good Catholic publications.
The UK’s best Catholic weekly The Catholic Herald has a digital web-edition, the whole print edition available online. You see the paper as it appears in the printed version. That means you can also … Continue reading
The other day I mentioned in another entry that The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, had a special price right now for their web edition.
Last minute gift idea for a person who may be hard to buy for? … Continue reading