- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Shopping online through Amazon?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
- PhilMartin73 said “Nothing that required a later clarification...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “In the meantime, I love the Introit (John 2...
- Venerator Sti Lot said LeGrandDerangement says, “Now that they’re &...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Eugene asks, “Where is the fraternal correct...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said Ours is a sissified, effeminate age, filled with t...
- AnnTherese said Tioedong said, “I wonder if the Pope recogni...
- LeGrandDerangement said So Great Britain is free of the European Monstrosi...
- Eugene said I am speechless. Where is the fraternal correction...
- Augustine said In one brief impromptu speech, without reading fro...
- mo7 said This was marvelous to watch! Not to miss the poin...
- Augustine said Nigel Farage for President!
- christopherschaefer said “In his brief, off-the-cuff speech”–the pope emeri...
- Maltese said I studied the European Union at Trinity College, D...
- SKAY said A Harvard professor is celebrating the victory....
- Geoffrey said When growing frustrated with the chaos and confusi...
- Seppe said The Marians of the Immaculate Conception (at the N...
- pseudomodo said Brexit = hagan lio!
- Andrew Saucci said Each day that the Pope Emeritus lives as a reasona...
- steve51b31 said I wonder when Zyklon B will be mandated by the 9th...
- gracie said If you’ve ever listened to a Parliamentary d...
- redsaint said Umm, why would they go to put the effort into a ma...
- redsaint said Brother? Nellie, Agree. But as a Catholic dying of...
- redsaint said Disagree. Why be gracious with monsters? What he s...
- redsaint said Use the force of holiness, you must ;)~
- The Masked Chicken said HeatherPA wrote: “Hang on to the ship, every...
- The Masked Chicken said “Do that, and the Constitution as we know it...
- PA mom said “people are crying over their lost prosperit...
- frjim4321 said It is quite moving and beautiful in its proper con...
- DcnJohnSaturus said I would have thought that the most alarming excerp...
- The Mad Sicilian Geek said It’s quite simple.. If your country…....
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 28 June – Vigil of Sts. Peter and Paul: Firm upon the Rock of Apostolic Faith
- VIDEO – Nigel Farage, who spearheaded Brexit, addressed European Parliament
- Video of a 1st Mass in 1954
- The assault on religious liberty continued today at SCOTUS
- Benedict XVI’s address for his 65th anniversay, Francis’ response
- Quotes from Justice Thomas’ dissent in WHOLE WOMAN’S HEALTH v. HELLERSTEDT
- “Keep calm and carry on!”
- Another papal trip, another papal presser, another papal kerfuffle
- FOLLOW UP: Fr. Z asks help from priests: Can you take a Gregorian Mass set, stipend?
- REQUEST FOR INFO: Mass Cards
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- MADISON 1 July: Pontifical Mass at Throne for Suffering and Persecuted Christians Around the Globe
- JUST TOO COOL! “Beating of the Bounds!”
- “Let the Supreme Court send bishops and priests to jail … the Church cannot go against the law of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Summer Field Day – UPDATED
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- A priest’s plea: “Please, Holy Father: Enough”
- A black hole shreds a star
- New Star Trek series for TV in 2017
- An imaginary dialogue of US nuns and Vatican officials
- Pope Francis’ ‘Armeniam Visit” [sic]
- A Litany to Sr. Joan Chittister (… no… really!)
- More US women religious summoned to Rome: Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
- WDTPRS – St. John the Baptist: “guide the minds of all the faithful”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic help children with dyslexia through a Masonic organization?
- A Plea: Stop misusing “tragedy”
- 23 June – Vigil of St. John – bonfires and witch burnings, solstices and snails
- SUPER! New book with table of readings for the Novus Ordo and TLM! ACTION ITEM!
- Soros is involved in the Migrant Crisis, against national borders
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: The Religion of Peace
Yes, there are true refugees. I don’t think they are all refugees. We shall see. Meanwhile, some are rejecting aid because there is a Red Cross on the packages. What do you think will come of this… migration? May the … Continue reading
I saw this at The Telegraph: Donald Trump to the Pope: ‘Isil wants to get you’ Donald Trump says he would not allow the Pope to criticise capitalism if they were to meet face to face, and would scare him … Continue reading
Years ago I read a Friday mosque speech in which the imam, or whatever, said “If before we couldn’t win with the long sword, we will win with the short sword!” He went on to explain that the men had to breed … Continue reading
“Nobody wants to tell the truth! … They say openly if you don’t convert, we’ll kill you. It turns out they actually mean it.”
Here is a cold cup of reality from former Speaker of the house Newt Gingrich for the viewers of CNN on 8 August: “Nobody wants to tell the truth,” he complained. “The truth is this is a radical Islamist group. … Continue reading
From CWN: Two churches in Thonon-les-Bains, a city of 30,000 in eastern France, were desecrated on August 5, according to Le Messager, a newspaper based in Chablais. A man in his thirties entered St. Hippolytus Church and the Basilica of … Continue reading
From Pamela Geller via Pewsitter: Hamas-CAIR Protest in Miami: “We Are Hamas!”, Genocidal chants “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!” Clad in the war garb of the jihad, the keffiye,h and chanting the Islamic death dirge, … Continue reading
More from The Religion of Peace. From Weasle Zippers: Report: Christian Woman Has Mouth, Eye Sewn Shut In Saudi Arabia For Professing Jesus As Her Savior… Via ErsPress (Google translation from Arabic): This young girl was employed in Palmelkh Saudi … Continue reading
From BBC: Priests and nun kidnapped in Cameroon Two Italian priests and a Canadian nun have been kidnapped by unidentified gunmen in Cameroon, Italy’s foreign ministry and media reports say. [Lemme guess… could they be…. Mormon missionaries? Quakers?] Gunmen ransacked … Continue reading
Via the European Freedom Initiative: Muslims Capture 9 Year Old Christian Girl, And Brutally Rape Her For 19 Days A nine year old Christian girl in Jordan was captured by Muslims who brutally raped her for 19 days. She was … Continue reading