HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Transportsjoie: It’s great to see this book again; I was a Protestant when I first read it over 40 years ago, and it increased my longing to become Catholic, which I finally did nearly 25...
- tho: Keys of The Kingdom by A. J. Cronin is another good read. A bit controvers ial, but neverthele ss, it presents a strong priest during hard times. Is it any wonder that there were so many...
- Diane: I’ve never heard of this author, but based on your comments, I just bought this book. So excited to read it! Thanks Father, for the tip!
- jaykay: I just came across the writing of Taylor Caldwell earlier this year, when I did a search for “Cat holic novelsR 21; and two of her books, on St. Luke – “Dea r and...
- hwriggles4: As a Catholic revert, the last 16 years I have realized that evangeliza tion and teaching is needed within our Church. Many others besides myself have realized this and assist with...
- teomatteo: Yes Father. That comes out loud and clear in the confiteor. Problem is our priest at the suburban church down the street refuses to have us recite it. Refuses. Thanks for the remind...
- PaulusFranciscus: Gaetano 217;s comment calls to mind the adage, borrowed from Red Pill circles, to the effect that “Str ong men make good times. Good times make weak men. Weak men make...
- Benedict Joseph: Since his emergence on 13 March 2013 I’ve had the terribly unpleasant experience of being entirely correct [which surely contradict s the laws not only of my own nature, but nature...
- Jann: PS – The old “agg ressivity- training 8221; classes were ostensibly to train people to become more aggressive in standing up for themselves . I was told this by others who had...
- Gaetano: Those are precisely the men (and their female religious counterpar ts) who built the Church into the strong edifice it was before so-called experts with soft hands and lofty degrees tore...
- Jann: No. We’r e NOT all guilty for the failure of good catechesis . It is pastors, schools and diocesan department s which hire educators, catechists , evangelist s and teachers and you have...
- Les Buissonets: In the UK, it was retitled ‘To See the Glory̵ 7;. I still have a copy bought many years ago – a delightful book. [Thanks for that comment. It seems that the origi...
- teomatteo: The bishopR 17;s intimation that everyone is at fault says it all. I wonder if he has preached from the pulpit the mortal sin of missing Holy Mass and the need for confession before a...
- Charles E Flynn: It could easily have been worse, with the music from Glory ’N’ Praise accompanie d by electric guitar rather than piano, requiring the elderly parishione rs to listen to forty loud...
- APX: As soon as I read Tim Hortons and Glory & Praise (I miss that hymnal. It’s really not that bad compared to other hymnals), I knew this was Canadian in nature. When I was 8 (early 90s) we...
- ex seaxe: On the one hand I would find this objectiona ble if any attempt were made to impose it here (Liverpool , England). Why did we install kneelers if they were not to be used? On the other...
- aviva meriam: Can I make a general request ? Since people genuinely don’ t known their own faith, can the bishops PLEASE instruct their priests to preach on the following: 1. What the Eucha...
- adriennep: People should take action and DO something, like form an Una Voce group in your area if you have no Latin Mass available in your parish. Una Voce America’s web site currently has an...
- G1j: Wow… If that commentary doesn’t describe my Parish to a “T”, I don’t know what does. Almost as if he sits behind my family at Mass. Barren white walls, resurrexif ix behind the round...
- arga: STU – PEN -DOUS rant! Thank you! Deserves to be published in every Sunday bulletin in every parish in the world. A true Fr. Z encyclical .
- Semper Gumby: RK3 wrote: “In leftists cities they have been shown to stand down and not protect innocent persons merely because of the innocent persons’ political and/or religious beliefs...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: They call it “cho pped” ;. And it’s really good.
- robtbrown: Should be: That people in power use to try to justify questionab le actions.
- LeeGilbert: At least in my opinion this is the best argument you have ever made for the importance of the liturgy as formation/ instructio n/cateches is. Until this morning I’ve been in the...
- Semper Gumby: God bless Fr. Kolbe. From a recent article about Dachau and the ordination of Blessed Karl Leisner: Dachau was, for years, the “world’s largest rectory” or “the world’s largest...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
- Great. Just… great! Another thing to worry about.
- CNA: “This is not the first low-quality document the Synod secretariate has produced”
- UPDATE! Navy Chaplain’s replacement vestments – DELIVERED!
- @CCPecknold writes on belief in the Eucharist and Fr. Z rants at length
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: The Tablet
The Morning After Pill of the liberal catholic media in the UK, The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill, aka RU-486) published a piece about states in these USA which opened investigations into clerical sexual abuse. In that piece the writer makes … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill aka RU486) is running a survey about the Extraordinary Synod of Bishop which is just starting up. What do you say we give them a hand? I am sure that they would want your voices … Continue reading
I found this via Pewsitter – they are doing a great job – from CatholicJournalUS: Francis and the Media: A Doomed Romance by Thomas Addis The Lenten season is an excellent time for confessions, so here goes: Bless me, Father, … Continue reading
UPDATE: HERE Readers of Protect the Pope have informed us that Bishop Thomas McMahon has acted decisively against Fr Butler’s letter advocating that they abandon the revised Roman Missal by writing to the priests of Brentwood diocese to refute his arguments … Continue reading
As you know, the Archbishop of Westminster put an end to the infamous homosexual “Soho Masses”. There is little question that Rome was involved in the decision. But don’t be distracted by that and miss the more important point. The … Continue reading
There is an interesting piece in the ultra-liberal UK paper, The Guardian. One of the biggest lies the church tells itself is that it doesn’t do politics. The General Synod of the Church of England is set up in the … Continue reading
Via the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald… Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has welcomed the appointment of the Rt Rev Justin Welby, Bishop of Durham, as the next Archbishop of Canterbury. Writing on behalf of the … Continue reading
The Fishwrap is having a spittle-flecked nutty about the decision in San Diego not to let the wacko speak in a Catholic institution. University withdraws theologian’s invitation after pressure from financial contributors Joshua J. McElwee | Nov. 1, 2012 The … Continue reading
The Pill… aka The Tablet… does it again! On 5 October the American journalist Robert Kaiser, who covered the Council for Time magazine, gave an address for the annual evening of self-affirmation and pre-Conciliar Church bashing for the liberal London Catholic … Continue reading