You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Vecchio di Londra said I was at a NO Mass a few weeks ago when the (very...
- e.davison49 said Ask yourselves what the point is. Sure, there are...
- Charles E Flynn said After a Church Is Attacked....
- wmeyer said I’ve heard that there are more sex abuse cases in...
- Scott W. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, everyone el...
- Will D. said The Roman Canon is used regularly at my parish, wh...
- PostCatholic said No doubt the act is cleaner, but there are plenty...
- THREEHEARTS said Is it me? Am I wrong in considering that the prela...
- Will D. said At my parish, all the altar servers (boys and girl...
- Dave N. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, every...
- Tradster said I believe the LCWR is the only issue on which I wo...
- Thomas S said What other acts committed in a church would consti...
- cornelius74 said I got accepted to the BA course in theology at the...
- charismatictrad said I go back and forth with things like this. Yes, se...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Jim: “I was at a very large con-celebrated mas...
- Scott W. said I’ll reserve judgement until I see the fine...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wanted to believe that the bishops had cleaned u...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said And, having read over the comments, I’ll wag...
- Deo volente said Fr. Z, Part of your sage advice was to “use...
- SimonDodd said I’m tentatively in the same place as Marion...
- ecs said If I had a son who was told this by a priest, I wo...
- Nathan said Fr Z, wise and prudent advice. I was amused, tho...
- BLB Oregon said –Obedience is better than sacrifice (especia...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Fr.Z’s answer seems completely sound to me....
- prs1 said I am obviously sad to see this matter raised, but...
- The Masked Chicken said Obedience is NOT the issue, here. There is an old...
- Catholic Granny said Just a thought: if your priest desires “uni...
- Christopher Mc Camley said The issue appears to be standing, not reception on...
- Jim Dorchak said Seems to me that if a priest is a “PRIEST...
- onosurf said Only a NO priest or a priest that offers the TLM i...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: The Tablet
My friend the mighty p.p. of Blacken and Dean of Bexley, His Hermeueticalness, Fr. Finigan, whom I look forward to seeing soon, has a great post at his blog, The Hermeneutic of Continuity, about the upcoming meeting of the British … Continue reading
The Fishwrap is one in being with The Pill in a defense of women deacons.
Austrian sister calls for ordination of women deacons
by Isabella R. Moyer on Jun. 14, 2012
The Catholic church in Austria made international headlines with the Austrian … Continue reading
My friends Frs. Blake and Finigan have blog entries about the bashing of Bp Davies by The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill aka RU-486)
From Fr Finigan:
[...] Bishop Davies said to the young people that a previous generation failed to pass … Continue reading
Robert Mickens has shared the angst of his publication The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill) about a piece of clothing. Not just any clothing, papal clothing.
Pope Benedict, Yes, Benedict XVI wore over his choir dress a stole decorated with the … Continue reading
Do you remember the “What If We Just Say Wait?” priest in Seattle? Fr. Michael G. Ryan tried to rouse up a movement to block the process of the new, corrected English translation of the Missale Romanum. He had a … Continue reading
From The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet aka RU486). Make a decision before you read this to remain cool and composed. I worked on this a few days ago, but set it aside and then turned my own heat down … Continue reading
Damian Thompson has rightly shared with us Robert Micken’s little trip to the zoo. Mr. Mickens, Rome correspondent for The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill aka RU486), has taken exception to Pope Benedict and the provisions of Summorum Pontificum.
I’ll leave … Continue reading
A while back I told you that in England some priests have started a new Confraternity of Catholic Clergy. They want a Confraternity which is faithful to Catholic doctrine and their identity as Catholic priests. I know quite … Continue reading