Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: God bless Cdl. Sarah. Phil 2: 6-8 indeed.
- robtbrown: In the above comment “def initive 221; is a Latin adverb meaning definitive ly.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: USCCB urges Catholics to call officials about DACA. If I don’t, do I sin?
- LENTCAzT 2018 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Saved in hope
- ASK FATHER: Priest forbids a deacon to wear a dalmatic
- LENTCAzT 2018 11 – Ember Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: Man’s first full day was a day of rest
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: TLM
From a reader…
Can a bishop in a diocese forbid seminarians from attending the extraordinary form of the Mass?
This is happening in the ___ diocese. My friend who just entered this seminary informed me of this when I invited him to … Continue reading
Have you seen yet the new video about the Traditional Latin Mass? Beautifully done.
The history of the church is interesting. What I find inspiring is the fact that, when people want to do something enough they can get … Continue reading
In the midst of disorienting news, here is orienting news.
I saw this on the Twitter feed of Fr. Nathan Siray, @frnathansiray:
“First of many…”. It warms the cockles of my beady-black heart.
Fr. Z kudos.
Fathers, we are living in interesting times. The … Continue reading
I received good news today (Sunday 14 September, as I write). Not all the news – most – I have received lately has been good. Perhaps things have not gone well in Blackfen or in Bakersfield, but in Dunn, … Continue reading
A while back I asked for help, for a way to line up the readings on Sundays between the Novus Ordo and the Usus Antiquior.
For example, I want to see whether or on which Sundays the readings for the, say, … Continue reading
A few days ago, I received a new 1962 hand Missal from Angelus Press to review. It represents an extraordinary achievement. As far as I know, it is the only new 1962 Spanish/Latin Missal now in print. More on … Continue reading
Time and again, priests tell me that when they learn the traditional form of Holy Mass and begin saying it, it changes them profoundly.
Today I received this note from a priest (slightly edited):
I finished the [Saint John Cantius in Chicago] … Continue reading
I’d like to point out an event for young people in St. Louis sponsored by the group Juventutem:
Monday evening, August 4th: Juventutem Social in St. Louis
In conjunction with ICRSS ordinations
Hodak’s Restaurant & Bar
2100 Gravois Ave, St. Louis 63104.
Young adults … Continue reading
Benedict XVI empowered a movement that will bring beauty back to the sanctuary and to the whole world.
I saw this in The Week. My emphases and comments:
In defense of Pope Benedict and the Latin Mass
Twelve summers ago I entered a dusty little church in a Polish neighborhood in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., that Poles had abandoned long ago. It … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, in the El Paso Times:
El Paso Catholic Diocese to offer Mass in Latin [Will it be the Novus Ordo?]
“Oremus,” which means ‘let us pray’ in Latin will be heard regularly in Mass starting in … Continue reading
From a reader (seminarian?)…
Would it be conceivable for one or more transitional deacons to request that their ordination to the priesthood be conferred with the Sacrament of Holy Orders according to the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite? Perhaps by allowing them … Continue reading
From a reader:
Reason #19878 for Summorum Pontificum.
From a reader…
Can you provide or refer me to a resource that explains the beauty of the Traditional Mass for those who have never experienced it – in a simple and easy-to-understand way? A soft-of Traditional Mass for beginners?
I have … Continue reading
I have been urging you not to let up. Liberals think they have the big mo. HA!
Do not give out. Do not give up. Do not give in. Press forward. Be encouraging to your priests. Be supportive. Give and provide … Continue reading
At the blog Voice in the Wilderness, Fr. Shawn P. Tunink describes his experience of saying Mass in the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite for the first time.
Every Latin Church priest ought to be able to celebrate Mass … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’ve often been left feeling confused about the second confiteor, and have trawled through a few posts on the WDTPRS site regarding this issue.
However, I find it that much more difficult a position to be in being a server … Continue reading
A reader sent the following enthusiastic filmette:
Be the Maquis!