When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Stephen Matthew said Woody79 The odd-ball defense of McVeigh above is i...
- John Fannon said However the NASA website says that the lunar eclip...
- John Fannon said Also 3rd April is reckoned by some scholars as the...
- Mariana2 said “Because, Fr. Z, I can tell you are someone...
- gramma10 said This is one reason I Iove Fr. G and his blog! We a...
- gramma10 said I went to the movie Four Blood Moons recently with...
- frjim4321 said Great, thanks!
- Venerator Sti Lot said On the way to His judicial murder, Our Lord said (...
- Venerator Sti Lot said If Fr. Z’s YouTube version of the first lin...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To follow up Gregg the Obscure, This is sometimes...
- JohnS said Oh, I came to see aquamarine seraphim caught on fi...
- Elizabeth D said I have seen Fr Z celebrate Mass versus populum and...
- Kathleen10 said Great points all, and Dennis Martin, you are proba...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said The “Four Blood Moons” by John Hagee?...
- Kathleen10 said Yes, come Lord Jesus. Every generation seems to...
- The Cobbler said I thought Tolkien invented several of his own time...
- JMJT said To follow up on the question on age limit. Father...
- Martial Artist said Perhaps the most noteworthy is that they do the sh...
- chantgirl said For those advocating that the Church get out of th...
- yatzer said I’m ready…I think
- Diane said Have you read “The Harbinger”? Very
- UncleBlobb said Bring it!
- GrumpyYoungMan said I love how calm these guys look – chewing gu...
- HyacinthClare said I’m laughing out loud over a pile of tax ret...
- deaconjeff said One of the few perks of being Permanente Deacon li...
- Mike said I grew up down the street from a Naval Air Base...
- vandalia said Why do we need the RFRA? The ATF does not investig...
- Chon said iPadre is right. Why should the Catholic Church do...
- Rushintuit said I still can’t believe that Father Hunwicke i...
- Grateful to be Catholic said LCWR cosmonauts. LOL. But seriously, folks, was t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Blood Moon, the End of the World, and You
- Very Cool Blue Angels Video
- Whan That Aprille Day 2015
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday of Holy Week
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Tolerance is over
- Foot washing on Holy Thursday. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Spem in allium
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday of Holy Week – UPDATED
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s blessings by telephone
- ASK FATHER: Mini homilies at the beginning of Mass
- ASK FATHER: Communion twice on Good Friday?
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: TLM
Time and again, priests tell me that when they learn the traditional form of Holy Mass and begin saying it, it changes them profoundly.
Today I received this note from a priest (slightly edited):
I finished the [Saint John Cantius in Chicago] … Continue reading
I’d like to point out an event for young people in St. Louis sponsored by the group Juventutem:
Monday evening, August 4th: Juventutem Social in St. Louis
In conjunction with ICRSS ordinations
Hodak’s Restaurant & Bar
2100 Gravois Ave, St. Louis 63104.
Young adults … Continue reading
Benedict XVI empowered a movement that will bring beauty back to the sanctuary and to the whole world.
I saw this in The Week. My emphases and comments:
In defense of Pope Benedict and the Latin Mass
Twelve summers ago I entered a dusty little church in a Polish neighborhood in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., that Poles had abandoned long ago. It … Continue reading
For your “Brick by Brick” file, in the El Paso Times:
El Paso Catholic Diocese to offer Mass in Latin [Will it be the Novus Ordo?]
“Oremus,” which means ‘let us pray’ in Latin will be heard regularly in Mass starting in … Continue reading
From a reader (seminarian?)…
Would it be conceivable for one or more transitional deacons to request that their ordination to the priesthood be conferred with the Sacrament of Holy Orders according to the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite? Perhaps by allowing them … Continue reading
From a reader:
Reason #19878 for Summorum Pontificum.
From a reader…
Can you provide or refer me to a resource that explains the beauty of the Traditional Mass for those who have never experienced it – in a simple and easy-to-understand way? A soft-of Traditional Mass for beginners?
I have … Continue reading
I have been urging you not to let up. Liberals think they have the big mo. HA!
Do not give out. Do not give up. Do not give in. Press forward. Be encouraging to your priests. Be supportive. Give and provide … Continue reading
At the blog Voice in the Wilderness, Fr. Shawn P. Tunink describes his experience of saying Mass in the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite for the first time.
Every Latin Church priest ought to be able to celebrate Mass … Continue reading