Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Nan: I have twice seen a priest chase down someone who walked away without consuming. It isn’ t an issue at my Byzantine church since we receive both species on the tongue, by spoon. I̵...
- Nan: I assume you used your indoor drill sergeant voice?
- monstrance: Looking at the city scape – What is that Ginormass structure on the right ?
- Andy_P: Funny, that not two days ago I wrote the parish pastor and associate pastor about abuses like this. There was some guy acting weird as Mass last Sunday and I saw he received in the hand but...
- Andy_P: Reading all which you posted Fr. I’d echo 1) the lack of catechesis of the parents and 2) their conscience s did not like what those words, which to me were very generous, were making...
- Benedict Joseph: In the final analysis this pontificat e critiques itself with its cast of characters . To that extent only it is entirely unambiguou s and without artifice.
- Kathleen10: Chris P. Many, many thanks for that. A thing of beauty.
- OldProfK: Another data point indicating that good satire is no longer possible. Father Guido Sarducci at L’Osservat ore Romano would now be an improvemen t.
- stuart reiss: And as in the former Soviet Union they used to say; there’s no truth in Isvestia (news) and no news in Pravda (truth). And so in L’Osservat ore Romano nothing occurs: and in Avven...
- jflare29: “Not acceptable yet you reject a viable solution.& #8221; I’ve already explained that I don’ t consider it a viable solution, AA. I have never seen ushers stand guard...
- arga: The priests who dreamed this up should be locked in a room and forced to listen to “Tas te and See,” ; played continuous ly for 72 hours.
- Fr_Sotelo: Under #2 of the second full paragraph, the correct quote is “We must NOT call what is bad good… ;”
- Fr_Sotelo: FatherR 17;s homily was theologica lly sound, no doubt. But as a matter of prudence, it was a fail. The loss of a child, especially so young, occasions an unspeakabl e grief in the...
- Dimitri_Cavalli: I’ve correspond ed with Andrea Tornielli over the years. We belong to the same informal group of writers and researcher s who defend Pope Pius XII. Tornielli wrote and...
- ChrisP: O Gracious Lord, Master and Power of all nature, when all perfidy is gathered at the same stone table, show us I beg, how good a shot you are from outer space̷ 0;..
- oldCatholigirl: We had a beautiful Rorate Mass (EF) with procession on Saturday at our little parish in Kalamazoo with its “Ora tory in Formation& #8221;! Followed by a rollicking breakf...
- Hidden One: … sanctifice tur Nomen Tuum… ;
- OrangeBlossom: Our Lady of Mount Carmel is near the parish that we attend. I have read Father La CuestaR 17;s homily. I am a wife and a mother of seven children ages 19 to 3. I found great...
- FrAnt: …Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done… ;
- Clinton: Personnel is policy. These people are being promoted and given access because they are exactly what Certain People want, and others are sacked or sidelined because their views (and their...
- DMorgan: And it goes on. I cannot see a soft landing to this free fall short of Divine interventi on Father. And yet, The Perennial teachings still hold.
- monstrance: What’s motivates a bishop to behave in this manner ? To whom or what is he catering to ? A priest at my previous parish demanded that the Eucharist was received in the hand. If you...
- JustaSinner: Vatican coup d’etat!
- HvonBlumenthal: Can any expert in doctrinal history confirm my suspicion that Francis is the first Pope to use the phrase (or even the concept of) “my magisteriu m?” And if it is “his” magiste...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Thank you Father. To me this reinforces going to confession … I have to admit that I have had a checkered past. I can sleep at night. The protestant s don’ t know...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 18: The damage liturgical ‘expertise’ has done to us!
- More news from Rome concerning communications
- My View For Awhile: Penultimate Edition
- Development of Doctrine? Fr. Hunwicke breaks it down barney style.
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 17: Conscience and You
- ASK FATHER: Even after continuous sacrileges, Bishop forces Communion in the hand
- A Rorate Mass for UW students
- Priest preaches at funeral, world falls on his head – UPDATE – HOMILY TEXT
- 17 Dec: St. Daniel and the Furnace Boys
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 16: O Antiphons
- Advent Penance Service Idiocy
- POLL: Gaudete Rose Vestments and Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Pastor says “Gaudete Sunday, is no more”
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 15: Joyful Longing, Longing Joy
- UPDATE: Sending snail-mail 2018 Christmas cards
- My View For Awhile: Limping Homeward
- Newly born religious groups, strangled in their cradles
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 14: LIBERALS!
- WDTPRS – Gaudete Sunday: “good news” of the chaff’s destiny in “unquenchable fire”
- Fast growth in Paganism, Wicca (the joke that is no joke)
- VIDEO: The new church of Gower Abbey (and the Extraordinary Ordinary)
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 13: The Dirty Bucket
- Priests and bishops who are probably going to Hell
- End of year 2018 charitable giving and YOU. A suggestion.
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 12: Patience
- Holy Face of Manoppello, Sankt Gallen, “designer babies”
- Card. Müller’s interview about Church and theology in Germany
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 11: Hark! a gladsome voice is thrilling
- TERRIFIC! School Choir accomplished, back to back, Solemn Roman and Eastern liturgy!
- NYC Day 1: Of Borscht and Buttons
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: TMSM
We are coming to the end of the calendar year. Start thinking about doing your taxes.
Sometimes people want to make deductible donations, but they don’t know to whom. Is the organization doing something good? The end of the year is … Continue reading
November is the month when we Catholics pray in a special way for the repose of the dead and, by God’s will, for the rapid entrance into heaven of the Poor Souls.
On All Souls Day, Friday, 2 November, at 7 … Continue reading
I want to let you know what our 501(c)(3) organization the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison does with your tax deductible donations.
A couple weeks ago, three new priests were ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary for the Diocese of Madison.* … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese.
The … Continue reading
Thanks to those who have sent donations through PayPal.
As you know, I am involved with a Society for the promotion of all things liturgically traditional, the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison. This is a 501(c)(3) organization.
In my … Continue reading
Sometimes people want to make donations, but they are not sure about how. Is the organization doing something good? The end of the year is upon us. This is it for 2017 donations.
Here’s a pitch for the Tridentine Mass Society … Continue reading
As we get close to the end of the year, you may be thinking about tax-deductible donations.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison! 501(c)(3)
I just received some photos from Gammarelli in Rome of vestments … Continue reading
Every summer the Extraordinary Ordinary of the Diocese of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, gathers all the seminarians for about a week of fraternity and conferences. We are in full swing.
Today, I celebrated Holy Mass for them … Continue reading
This evening, 31 May, the Feast of the Queenship of Mary, we will have a wonderful Pontifical Mass at the Throne at 6 PM at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Monona, WI. The Extraordinary Form Mass is organized by the … Continue reading
For a while now, I’ve been working with the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison.
Since I’ve been mentioning it on the blog, I’ve received notes from all over that people are forming their own societies where they are. … Continue reading
UPDATE 29 March: Progress
I received photos from Gammarelli. They are cutting the fabric.
And so the process has started!
UPDATE 14 Feb: The next phrase
I just finished, with the help of the Vocations Director and his assistant, … Continue reading
Here in the realm of the Extraordinary Ordinary, where I am President of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison (a 501(c)(3) organization – please make a generous donation today!) I am fortunate to have as a colleague a … Continue reading