Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- frjim4321: just a few … believe me, I know how to do it … [Until someone shows you a better way.]
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Triduum
It is customary on Holy Thursday, after the jubilant Gloria introduction, to stop ringing bells in church during the Triduum and, instead, use some kind of clacking or ratchet noisemaker called a crotalus in Latin. More on those HERE.
Here’s a poll. At your … Continue reading
Today is Holy Thursday of Holy Week. Today we celebrated how Our Lord established the Sacrament of the Eucharist and, inseparably from the Eucharist, the Sacrament of Holy Orders and the Holy Priesthood.
The Roman Station is St. John Lateran.
Examine your consciences, … Continue reading
UPDATE 13 March:
I am delighted that one of my priest friends is able to come to help with our Triduum! However, I really would like to have one more priest come.
So, I’ll give in to the temptation. Fathers?
Originally Published on: Mar 7, 2017
I … Continue reading
It is Holy Saturday in the Sacred Triduum.
We are dead with Christ in the tomb awaiting the spark in the darkness.
These 5 minute podcasts are intended to give you a daily boost in your discipline during this holy season.
Yesterday’s LENTCAzT HERE
It is Holy Thursday in the Sacred Triduum.
These 5 minute podcasts are intended to give you a daily boost in your discipline during this holy season, Lent.
I provide these podcasts again this year in gratitude to benefactors who help me and this … Continue reading
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. The Sacred Triduum (triduum from tres dies – “three day space”) were once days of obligation when people were freed from servile work so that they could attend the liturgies, once celebrated … Continue reading
From a reader…
I would like to know why many parishes do not offer the Sacrament of Penance on Holy Saturday? There’s only 1 parish in my area that hears confessions on Holy Saturday and I often wonder is there a … Continue reading
From a reader…
Is there a specific rule banning the use of the pre-55 holy week rites, and really the pre-55 missal as a whole? Or may a priest use it if he desires?
Some say, and with good reason, that the pre-1955 rites … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons? Thanks!
Today is Easter Sunday. This is the final podcast of my series.
I made these daily podcasts all during Lent and the Triduum to give you a small boost every day. I did this as a … Continue reading
It may be that some of you will travel, even considerable distances, to participate in the rites of the Sacred Triduum celebrated in a worthy manner.
I have on more than one occasion over the years, as a guest celebrant for … Continue reading
Thinking ahead to the Triduum? Perhaps it will be this year that Father changes out the bells after the Gloria on Holy Thursday to the crotalus or “ratchet”, the harsh wooden noisemaker.
In some places a wooden gizmo with little hammers or … Continue reading
Today’s prayer has roots in the Padua manuscript the so-called Gregorian Sacramentary and also the manuscript at Bergamo. It was not in any edition of the pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum.
Maiestatem tuam, Domine, suppliciter imploramus,
ut, quanto magis dies salutiferae festivitatis accedit,
tanto devotius ad eius celebrandum
proficiamus … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
From a reader:
Praised by Jesus Christ! Thank you for your blog. Our small parish needs to find a tennabrae hearse. I am searching on ebay and various church supply websites, but I need your expert … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help.
I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently.
From a reader:
A question for you and your … Continue reading
From a reader:
As it is Lent, it is undoubtedly time to ask the question of women having their feet washed on Holy Thursday. I am well aware (from reading your blog) that it is contrary to law and custom to … Continue reading