Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- tamranthor: Can I have Justin come and defend my son’ s school? Please? ;)
- SKAY: Thank you Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Twitter
The Holy Father’s new Twitter account is up and running: @Pontifex
He has not tweeted anything yet, at the time of this writing.
The Pope’s presence on Twitter is a concrete expression of his conviction that the Church must be present … Continue reading
3 December: His account is up and running: @Pontifex
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
On Monday we will find out what the Pope’s new Twitter handle is.
There will be a press conference in Rome on Monday to reveal more details … Continue reading
Yesterday in my post asking you to “follow” Cardinal Dolan on Twitter (@CardinalDolan) another Cardinal’s Twitter account was mentioned: @CardinalNapier.
On Twitter Card. Napier reacted to Pres. Obama’s unnatural sex evolution:
Cardinal Napier (@CardinalNapier)
5/9/12 11:42 PM
Obama on same sex “marriage” begs question: … Continue reading
Catholics need to learn better how to use the new media, new tools of social communication, and social networking.
(On that score, I renew my appeal that you please use early and often the sharing buttons on these entries. Thanks!)
I saw … Continue reading
I noticed this in USAToday:
Twisting tweets make hash of hashtag support for nuns [Nooo… it brought clarity to support for nuns.]
By Cathy Lynn Grossman, USA TODAY
Hesitate before you launch a hashtag. The experiences of President Obama and Catholic priests prove the … Continue reading
I am very grateful to my tweeps who consistently re-tweet my tweets and blog posts on Twitter.
I started a new link category on my side-bar and have added the Twitter names of people helping me out.
Hint: Do as they have … Continue reading
Picked up via rogueclassicism and a Google+ page:
+Lauren Stein suggested coming up with a list of Latin abbreviations for texting. I’m pasting in here some ideas for that which already surfaced at the eClassics Ning a couple of years ago: … Continue reading
It isn’t very often that you see a Pope send a tweet.
Latin for “tweet” is pipio, -are. A “tweet” is a pipiatio.
Fewer questions in this twittering world burn at hot as the proper Latin terminology for Twitter.
In a couple places, for example on the entry about the Z-Cam and Radio Sabina, I have suggested that Latin for “tweet” as in the … Continue reading
This is not my shot. I found it on the Twitter feed of Glacier National Park via Disputations.
Behold, Sialia pissedofftica, aka the Bluebird of Unhappiness.
It is the winter that will not end.
With that… if you use Twitter and you don’t … Continue reading
From His Hermeuenticalness. I think we should consider this.
Having just worked out what #followfriday is on Twitter (and indeed having posted my first #FF tweet) I thought it would be good to have an hashtag for an "Anathema Saturday" … Continue reading
From time to time as ask for more followers on Twitter.
I’ll ask again… follow me on Twitter: @father
Today I was glad I had followed a couple of major Catholic Tweeters, in this case the young Papist and on the other … Continue reading
Who’s tweeting the tweeters?
When I learned that the Vatican had launched a couple Twitter feeds, I thought was do these … folks, know what they are in for? If this is being handled by the usual … Continue reading
You have to admire Bp. Trautman. He kept his powder dry and his plan of attack hidden, saving his very last musket ball for the end.
He raised a motion that the bishops should see the Gray Book of the Antiphons, … Continue reading