You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- sciencemom said PS Lovely photo! And thanks, Chicken, for the link...
- sciencemom said Fr Z writes: Sometimes I consider why the visible...
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
- janeway529 said Also, isn’t Pope Francis referencing the Vat...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, Vatican TV has been broadcasting Pope Franc...
- MouseTemplar said I came home from my Thursday Holy Hour [dedicated...
- frjim4321 said With all due respect to a priest who by all appear...
- Kathleen10 said Thanks Fr. Z. and others for such great comments,...
- Priam1184 said Thank you for that Andrew.
- Priam1184 said @Ed the Roman : You are 1000% correct on that. Wh...
- KevinSymonds said Fr. Z., I sent a message with a reference in Itali...
- New Sister said I have always been fascinated by this little lesso...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: No you’re fine. I just know that t...
- Ed the Roman said We are made in the image and likeness of the One w...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, perhaps I’m reading too much betwe...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said Lots of sloppy (if not deliberately mendacious) re...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: Well, since we’re so irenic togethe...
- Andrew said Priam1184: S. Augustine “on Genesis”: A very loose...
- Phil_NL said Cosmos, The assumption that people feel ill at eas...
- Clinton R. said It is unfortunate that so many already are interpr...
- Matthias1 said I like the following comment someone made: –...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I have limited time to watch this thread at the mo...
- Priam1184 said In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram…
- johnmann said Would you fulfill your natural law obligation by a...
- chonak said If I understand it right, communicatio in sacris i...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, ultimately you are saying (and I agree) t...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters No disrespect, doc. I think t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Still waiting for (a) a prohibition that is curren...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: UN
The UN is trying to create a new category of human rights. We have been across this ground before (HERE and HERE).
That right, pushed by the UN, is freedom from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. Ostensibly, … Continue reading
In the digital edition of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, I saw a great pieces.
First, and I think this is only on the full, digital edition and not on the website, there is an article by Edward … Continue reading
The always useful C-FAM site – may they thrive – has this.
Volume 14, Number 18
April 14, 2011
US Castigates Holy See over Family Planning
By Lauren Funk
NEW YORK, April 14 (C-FAM) The contrast between the priorities of the developed and developing world was … Continue reading
TO ARMS WDTPRSers!
I received this via e-mail and present it for your opportune knowledge and consideration. This needs action.
Radical pro-abortion youth have written a document that the UN General Assembly is considering accepting. This would be disastrous. … Continue reading
Here is a fascinating piece by John L. Allen, who sadly is still writing for the National Catholic Reporter. In his posting Allen shows both his worth as a Catholic journalist along with his own positions. He conveys useful information … Continue reading
The Italian monthly 30 Giorni published an article purportedly by His Eminence Georges Card. Cottier, 87, the former papal theologian under the late Pope John Paul II.
In 2005 Card. Cottier retired at the age of 83.
Was Fr. Wojciech Giertych, the … Continue reading