- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Shopping online through Amazon?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
- michele421 said Great idea! Next year it should be a prayer walk f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Meanwhile, the Cardinal Archbishop of Munich and F...
- gatormom said Arga, I’d like to believe that you know noth...
- Bryan D. Boyle said 20 was pretty good afternoon then exploded as grey...
- kekeak2008 said Any and all good that could come from a majority o...
- benedetta said Certainly a lot of these women religious are outsp...
- MWindsor said The bands have been bad enough lately that I haven...
- Andrew D said Good article though I’m not sure it’s...
- Maltese said arga–not so, I was in the Federal Government...
- arga said This news is a year old. The Mexican government h...
- Fr. Reader said Why “ut non involvamur” in the literal...
- HeatherPA said “I realize that such remarks of the Pope are...
- Philomena Mary said Dear Father, please be assured you are among the p...
- Cornelius said Pray for the pope? Indeed, as if that’s a no...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I’m going to assume that any gay “marr...
- Andrew Saucci said Pushing the envelope today would be a starship tha...
- Gratias said A Solemn mass is being half way to Heaven. For tho...
- Andrew Saucci said I wish more priests, bishops, and those of higher...
- DavidMichael said Viva Christo Rey!
- rcg said And just so you know that is a lot of people. Rus...
- robtbrown said skainwe says, I don’t know Sinise’ religious convi...
- Phil_NL said New Star Trek? About time. TOS (The original serie...
- APX said Mark, This is where the virtue of prudence comes i...
- kiwiinamerica said Francis hates nobody more than priests. [We don&...
- kiwiinamerica said You don’t hear much talk like this from the...
- Mark said What about us lay people? Should we stand outside...
- Batfink said It’s quite common here in the UK in Anglican...
- Maltese said I know this might sound morbid, but I think we sho...
- PA mom said Literal going to the periphery! Love it!
- Gilbert Fritz said We didn’t beat the bounds, but we did have a...
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some current reading…
Must read for priests, seminarians, anyone interested in beauty in our sacred liturgical worship of God... Signs of the Holy One: Liturgy, Ritual, and Expression of the Sacred by Uwe Michael Lang [UK link HERE]
God or Nothing: A Conversation on Faith by Robert Card. Sarah
Buy it. Get one for your parish priests. UK HERE
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- MADISON 1 July: Pontifical Mass at Throne for Suffering and Persecuted Christians Around the Globe
- JUST TOO COOL! “Beating of the Bounds!”
- “Let the Supreme Court send bishops and priests to jail … the Church cannot go against the law of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Summer Field Day – UPDATED
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- A priest’s plea: “Please, Holy Father: Enough”
- A black hole shreds a star
- New Star Trek series for TV in 2017
- An imaginary dialogue of US nuns and Vatican officials
- Pope Francis’ ‘Armeniam Visit” [sic]
- A Litany to Sr. Joan Chittister (… no… really!)
- More US women religious summoned to Rome: Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
- WDTPRS – St. John the Baptist: “guide the minds of all the faithful”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic help children with dyslexia through a Masonic organization?
- A Plea: Stop misusing “tragedy”
- 23 June – Vigil of St. John – bonfires and witch burnings, solstices and snails
- SUPER! New book with table of readings for the Novus Ordo and TLM! ACTION ITEM!
- Soros is involved in the Migrant Crisis, against national borders
- ASK FATHER: When Holy Days of Obligation… aren’t
- BOOK RECOMMENDATION:
- Just Too Cool: Bishop Etienne on Wyoming Carmelites
- ACTION ITEM! Coordinated prayer for Pope Francis against diabolical attack
- Yet another group of US women religious is being called to Rome for a chat.
- Valencia’s Card. Cañizares persecuted for defending nature, common sense against “gender theory”, homosexualist agenda
- Your Good News
- Road Warrior Tips: Appreciating soft landings and cheaper data abroad (KeepGo)
- #ActonU 2016 Wrap-up and a Scholarship Opportunity
- Men! We need you watching on the wall.
- Mickens and “the closet”. Fr. Z responds.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: Universae Ecclesiae
From a young reader: I am a sixteen year old boy, who has requested a TLM mass at my parish a number of times unofficially. After getting several unsatisfactory results, I decided to send a short concise petition to the … Continue reading
From a reader: I have read web sites from FSSP Traditional parishes that indicate women are to cover their heads during Mass. My understanding is that the requirement was removed from Canon Law, thus it is no longer a sin … Continue reading
I am on the road, and it is hard for me to work with this, but here is a first go at something which I think is pretty important. The following article copy-pasted from the PDF of the 8/23/2012 edition … Continue reading
A bishop explicitly charges all his seminarians to learn the Extraordinary Form. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
For your Brick by Brick file. In another entry I answered a question from a lay person who desired to pray for a priest as he learns the Extraordinary Form of Holy Mass at the request of his bishop. It … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Can diocesan priests use the Extraordinary Form Carmelite or Dominican or Cistercian Rite?
From a reader: I recently read an article about a Carmelite priest who had to jump through all these hoops to get permission to celebrate the Carmelite rite Mass, but then the article pointed out later that, under Universae Ecclesiae … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have publicized that a French bishop, Most. Rev. Jean Bonfils, Emeritus of Nice went to an SSPX chapel in Ajaccio, Corsica and administered the sacrament of Confirmation to 19 people. It seems that the local SSPX … Continue reading
From a seminarian (edited): Fr. Z, thanks for all you do. [My pleasure.] I have learned much from reading your blog over the last few years, and I continue to come here as a seminarian for trusted commentary on different issues. I … Continue reading
During an ordination, someone must stand up in front of the ordaining bishop and attest that seminarians are properly formed and educated and suitable for ordination. However, seminarians of the Latin Church are not being trained in the whole of … Continue reading
From a reader: The New Missal has started in my parish and the music is atrocious. I had to go to the local public high school play to hear Gregorian Chant! No regard for GIRM #41. My Bishop refuses to allow the … Continue reading
It has been a while since I have offered a different WDTPRS mug for your consumption of Mystic Monk Coffee or Tea. Behold, the newest: the Universae Ecclesiae 8 mug. As you know Universae Ecclesiae was the Instruction from the … Continue reading