Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- majuscule said Chris–I think it’s St Francis of Assis...
- catholiccomelately said My husband and I were there, along with other memb...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said First Fridays at St. Francis de Sales, East Palo A...
- Rich said As a father and a husband in his mid-30′s (a...
- Antonin said “still a sub-optimal concession to worldly d...
- jm said I think this is honestly how Kasper thinks, not so...
- stephen c said Phillipa – well said. But what I was trying...
- Sam Schmitt said As Mike Evans wrote in the combos in America, Jesu...
- Antonin said Deacon Augustin wrote: “God’s mercy is not c...
- chantgirl said Cardinal Kasper’s “mercy” is utt...
- Scott W. said From the interview: “Is the communion the pr...
- Sam Schmitt said Cdl. Kasper claims that this can be solved through...
- visigrad said This IS the answer . Plan to share this with our n...
- Andkaras said I liked the Cami biretta on James M s link for Fr...
- Philippa Martyr said I wish more Catholics did better than content them...
- AnAmericanMother said Sorry, I just had to . . . Stanley Holloway (Alfr...
- RichR said *this type of play is very common…. Typo
- RichR said When someone makes the comment in a debate about w...
- twele923 said “On the other hand when we discuss marriage...
- Lavrans said I can see two likely outcomes of this synod. One,...
- stephen c said One thing I realized for the first time from this...
- Mojoron said This site is amazing. I really don’t know ho...
- Mike said I think that if the internet–and certain blo...
- FXR2 said Fr. Z, I can only say pray without ceasi...
- Rellis said My parish does a low Mass twice a week. At one of...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said “Yes, because they fear all will collapse. B...
- Philippa Martyr said Hey man, I was born a chicken. But I had the opera...
- Kathleen10 said This is not subtle. It is blatant. He must feel...
- WesleyD said Fr. Z, it seems to me that you hit the heart of th...
- Father G said A large variety of birettas as well as other headw...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: UPS
I am sure you remember my scare-warnings that, ”It doesn’t happen to you, until it does!”
One of the things you need to plan for is the protection of your electronic stuff, which we rely on a lot and often spend a … Continue reading
All of a sudden BAM! Power goes off.
After all this stuff I’ve been reading, I started thinking about my BOB.
Then I heard my UPS beeping and saw that my phone is still functional. Thus, not the EMP. … Continue reading
In seminary we were to clean our rooms every Saturday morning. I still am in the habit of doing cleaning chores that day. I also do routine work on my computers: back ups, clean ups, virus scans, tidy up the … Continue reading
I have from time to time made a recommendation about getting Uninterruptible (or Uninterrupted) Power Sources (UPS). My best experience for customer service as been with APC.
I received this note from a priest friend:
I got an APC BACK UPS ES … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
I hope you are not careless.
I am talking, of course, about using an Uninterrupted or Uninterruptible Power Source, or UPS.
These things are powerful surge protectors and back-up batteries which will keep your equipment running steady on in the case of … Continue reading
Many thanks to those of you who have sent kind notes. Also, thanks to those who have asked for prayers. I have had a huge increase of those and you are improving my prayer life in some significant … Continue reading