Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charles E Flynn: Bruno Lanteri
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
- ASK FATHER: Why can lay people read at Mass?
- ASK FATHER: When should babies be baptized?
- OLYMPICS 2018 12 Feb: CURLING!
- Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
- Carmelite Nuns seeking Priest Chaplain
- JUST TOO COOL! Wherein Fr. Z is AMAZED at … coincidences? I think not.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: UPS
Since last I posted I have had a few developments.
Firstly, one of you readers, our own WB0YLE, sent a spiffy Kenwood transceiver. Another is sending a mic. An antenna (and a tuner would be a good idea), and key should be … Continue reading
I am sure you remember my scare-warnings that, “It doesn’t happen to you, until it does!”
One of the things you need to plan for is the protection of your electronic stuff, which we rely on a lot and often spend a … Continue reading
All of a sudden BAM! Power goes off.
After all this stuff I’ve been reading, I started thinking about my BOB.
Then I heard my UPS beeping and saw that my phone is still functional. Thus, not the EMP. … Continue reading
In seminary we were to clean our rooms every Saturday morning. I still am in the habit of doing cleaning chores that day. I also do routine work on my computers: back ups, clean ups, virus scans, tidy up the … Continue reading
I have from time to time made a recommendation about getting Uninterruptible (or Uninterrupted) Power Sources (UPS). My best experience for customer service as been with APC.
I received this note from a priest friend:
I got an APC BACK UPS ES … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
I hope you are not careless.
I am talking, of course, about using an Uninterrupted or Uninterruptible Power Source, or UPS.
These things are powerful surge protectors and back-up batteries which will keep your equipment running steady on in the case of … Continue reading
Many thanks to those of you who have sent kind notes. Also, thanks to those who have asked for prayers. I have had a huge increase of those and you are improving my prayer life in some significant … Continue reading