When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- One of those TNCs said Every year, our local Knights of Columbus host a P...
- mysticalrose said This is what makes me the most sorrowful about the...
- FrAnt said Why wouldn’t they have a funeral for a dog?...
- Eugene said Father Z. last year I predicted on this website th...
- Elizabeth D said I like to give to Opus Bono when I have some extra...
- rwj said While I entered the seminary during the pontificat...
- Cafea Fruor said Ave Crux, To a degree, I agree with you. But can w...
- Matthias1 said I shouldn’t but: A favorite joke of my uncle...
- Torpedo1 said Will pray a rosary for all requests here. Please p...
- jltuttle said I’m particularly ashamed for the men in thos...
- Max said God bless her! Fortitude and perseverance! Many do...
- amenamen said Arnold Ziffel, beloved houseguest and dutiful serv...
- The Masked Chicken said “MC, as far as I am aware: equals can’t bind...
- Julian Barkin said Father, while this is great, two things: 1) this i...
- The Masked Chicken said “I think someone has given that which is hol...
- ASPM Sem said I don’t know about applications, but at SJV...
- Frank H said Among the 595 is one of my sons, thanks be to God,...
- Giuseppe said Note to any pastors of churches named after St, Be...
- Gregg the Obscure said Early on in the magnificent novel A Confederacy of...
- Faith said The dog must have left the parish a lot of money.
- Grumpy Beggar said VeritasVereVincet says: “I have to wonder i...
- Legisperitus said I think someone has given that which is holy to do...
- A.D. said Elizabeth D, That was good! : – )
- Justalurkingfool said Doggone it! Karl
- VeritasVereVincet said I have to wonder if this is the natural result of...
- OlderCatholic said One priest claimed, in my hearing, that very few m...
- John Grammaticus said reminds me of the doggy funerals from “A Fis...
- Canis Mortuus Est | Mundabor's Blog said […] A reader alerted me to this, I think, sa...
- Ave Crux said Father, with all due respect, I am horrified that...
- kay said Wait….before I make a decision on this, I...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- Priesthood ordinations up 24.7% this year
- Funeral for… what?
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- What ‘Quo primum’ says and what it doesn’t say
- The next time you are tempted to quit…
- A dose of reality from Milwaukee’s Sheriff
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce a sin? Should I confront priest who said it isn’t?
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper For The Promotion of Clericalism
- ASK FATHER: “We don’t go to Mass to adore Jesus…”?
- ASK FATHER: Is saying “God bless you!” a blessing?
- 4 May: St. Monnica!
- Pope Francis did two really cool things
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
- ASK FATHER: Three questions from a sinner who wants to come home.
- ASK FATHER: Baptized Greek Orthodox but left
- ASK FATHER: Can lectors still bless bread?
- CNS: Feminist Steinem Touts Abortion, Ridicules Church at St. Norbert College (D. Green Bay)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: UPS
I am sure you remember my scare-warnings that, “It doesn’t happen to you, until it does!”
One of the things you need to plan for is the protection of your electronic stuff, which we rely on a lot and often spend a … Continue reading
All of a sudden BAM! Power goes off.
After all this stuff I’ve been reading, I started thinking about my BOB.
Then I heard my UPS beeping and saw that my phone is still functional. Thus, not the EMP. … Continue reading
In seminary we were to clean our rooms every Saturday morning. I still am in the habit of doing cleaning chores that day. I also do routine work on my computers: back ups, clean ups, virus scans, tidy up the … Continue reading
I have from time to time made a recommendation about getting Uninterruptible (or Uninterrupted) Power Sources (UPS). My best experience for customer service as been with APC.
I received this note from a priest friend:
I got an APC BACK UPS ES … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
I hope you are not careless.
I am talking, of course, about using an Uninterrupted or Uninterruptible Power Source, or UPS.
These things are powerful surge protectors and back-up batteries which will keep your equipment running steady on in the case of … Continue reading
Many thanks to those of you who have sent kind notes. Also, thanks to those who have asked for prayers. I have had a huge increase of those and you are improving my prayer life in some significant … Continue reading