Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jilly said Bomb Squad At Scenes Of 2 Las Cruces NM Churches :...
- Mike said I must have missed the part in the gospels where J...
- jhayes said robtbrown wrote Let’s say it’s a secular governmen...
- robtbrown said Tim says: I agree with frijm4321 that the importa...
- heracletian said “I am Mercy but above Me is the Father. He is Just...
- NoraLee9 said I am told that I have a nice voice. This morning,...
- Imrahil said What one cannot do is to say, etc.
- Imrahil said To combat a peculiar American misunderstanding whi...
- Imrahil said Thing is, even apart from the whole “educati...
- Tim said Notwithstanding that nothing in the tradition rel...
- Athelstan said Fr. Jim, Notwithstanding that nothing in the tradi...
- asperges said Since no-one seems to have done so, I offer this a...
- jameeka said Thanks, msc… Fascinating, Father Z– I...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: 1. I think what matters here is t...
- frjim4321 said I think what matters here is the ability of the pe...
- Kathleen10 said In my retreat from contemporary television I have...
- Allan S. said Correction, 9pm not 7 :) Also love the QSL Card f...
- Allan S. said Hi Father, General info for all after connecting...
- Bryan D. Boyle said QSL backs: http://kb3ifh.homestead.com/qslbacks.ht...
- jhayes said Robbie mentioned the “Fr. Brown” TV se...
- msc said Quick (while the barbecue heats up) not flawless:...
- marcusjosephus said DG for this post! I deeply regret the removal of...
- jilly said There is a sked page for the Straight Key Century...
- robtbrown said AnnTherese, It’s not a matter of a teacher...
- pledbet424 said It seems the super antenna is very similar to the...
- Benedict Joseph said Who can read Maccabees I + II without tears. And i...
- Andrew Saucci said The books of Maccabees are my favorite Old Testame...
- Lisieux said Thank you for this, Father. Your readers may be in...
- gloriainexcelsis said Being an octogenarian, I do indeed remember our pa...
- DonL said “a steersman, pilot” This made my day Father Z. I...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (32)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (27)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (16)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- What I’m dealing with today (11)
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: USCCB
Last night His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan was on with Bill O’Reilly on FNC. O’Reilly actually let him get a word in. This is the first part of the interview. I understand that the rest of it will be posted … Continue reading
Now that we are one whole day into Lent, I bring your attention to something posted on the USCCB blog by His Excellency Most Rev. David Ricken, Bishop of Green Bay and chairman of the Committee on Evangelization. Remember that … Continue reading
The young papist, Peters Fils, has been tracking the response of the US Bishops to Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment and, specifically, on the Catholic Church. He has good news. All 180 diocesan bishops have issued a statement … Continue reading
USCCB: “Seis cosas más que todos debemos saber sobre el mandato del departamento de salud y servicios humanos (HHS)”
From the USCCB Blog, the Spanish language version of what they have previously posted in English. 1. La disposición que ha creado tanto alboroto no ha cambiado para nada las cosas, sino que todo ha terminado como estaba. […] 2. … Continue reading
The USCCB had posted six things people should know about Pres. Obama’s HHS mandate, HERE. Again at the blog of the USCCB, you will find an entry: Six More Things Everyone Should Know About the HHS Mandate 1. The rule … Continue reading
What’s next? Pres. Obama has attacked the 1st Amendment. He is trying to tell the Church what it must do in a matter of conscience based on natural law, reason, and doctrine. The first clause of the 1st Amendment concerns freedom … Continue reading
The USCCB have issued their statement. “The only complete solution to this religious liberty problem is for HHS to rescind the mandate of these objectionable services.” My emphases and comments: Bishops Renew Call To Legislative Action On Religious Liberty February 10, … Continue reading
From the site of the USCCB: Bishops Studying Initial White House Movement On Religious Liberty February 10, 2012 New opportunity to dialogue with executive branch Too soon to tell whether and how much improvement on core concerns Commitment to religious … Continue reading
The Obama Administration has to… has to… fold when it comes to the HHS mandate and their attack on the Catholic Church and the 1st Amendment. While it is true that Pres. Obama is an ideologue, it is also true … Continue reading
Here is a perspective on what is going on offered by my old friend the great Roman Fabrizio: First of all thank you for mentioning me in the same entry where caffè corretto alla sambuca is mentioned. It always moves … Continue reading