Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- BLB Oregon said “Just how difficult is for the Vicar of Chri...
- amenamen said Local input from the fox community? https://www.yo...
- Sword40 said Agree R J Highland. The Table is such a distractio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Reading the old Catholic stuff helps me to underst...
- acardnal said I wonder what they did with their old crucifix? T...
- acardnal said Sorry. The above Collect prayer I posted was inadv...
- Legisperitus said Agree on St. Patrick’s Day. My Irish-Americ...
- amenamen said Whoa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRUmkqMIe8
- acardnal said wolfeken, Same Collect in the OF Mass today, too,...
- Legisperitus said Great fisking.
- MarkJ said I would love to see a “Before Destruction...
- Sonshine135 said This article took me back to the video you had on...
- Mike said Thank you for the photos, Fr. Z. It looks like a...
- wolfeken said I would note that these regulations were not just...
- Nathan said From the letter, as well as experience, it seems t...
- Cantor said It would be interesting to read the responses to t...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said mormormax says: One thing that kept popping into m...
- The Masked Chicken said “Roughly speaking, then, you would need to h...
- teechrlady said I was thinking along the lines of Magpie. The bef...
- Father G said Beautiful, except the altar railing looks incomple...
- boko fittleworth said My math was wrong. Hubbard was appointed by Paul...
- boko fittleworth said It would be interesting to research what led JPII...
- BLB Oregon said I wish the poor people who had seen those things l...
- BLB Oregon said If they were to watch CPG Grey’s presentatio...
- McCall1981 said Pope Francis’ episcopal appointments so far...
- The Masked Chicken said This topic is both subtle and widely misunderstood...
- cl00bie said They always forget the first part of the quote: ...
- cl00bie said members of her group plan to show up for the Ash W...
- Tom Piatak said May many other churches follow this excellent exam...
- Papabile said I was born in 1970, so I remember when the abstine...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: validity
As you know, for the consecration of the Eucharist to be VALID, we must use wine from grapes. It can be fortified wine, but it must be wine (HERE).
Today I received a link from a reader which I am compelled … Continue reading
From a reader:
Howdy Fr. Z [Fine, thanks!]
I had a question about fulfilling my Sunday Obligation at an SSPX chapel. First let me say, I am 100% with the bishops and the pope. I prefer the Latin Mass. I am about 50-60 minutes … Continue reading
From a reader:
First off is the wine to be consecrated have to be red and how much wine poured into the chalice is enough to make it a valid mass?
One of my priests told us if they don’t pour enough … Continue reading
From a reader:
While doing research I came across something that said that one of the faithful who knowingly receives a Sacrament from a priest without faculties commits a sin. I have always attended SSPX chapels and gone to confession there. … Continue reading
A few people asked me today via email about the validity of a baptism wherein someone used the hand of a dead person to pour the water, someone moving the hand.
A rare scenario, of course, and one that is surely … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Z
I recently went to confession, the priest said everything correctly (atleast, im pretty sure he did anyway) up until the part where he is suppose to say “I absolve you of you’r sins.” but, all he … Continue reading
From a deacon:
I was wondering how safe it is to assume that water flowing over the hair along with the correct words constitutes a valid baptism. I ask because there were just 12 babies baptized in my parish and some … Continue reading
From a reader:
A friend of mine, who runs the R.C.I.A. program in my parish, recently told me that an Orthodox Mass is just as valid as a Catholic Mass. Is this true? (I thought that the fact that the Orthodox … Continue reading