HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I’ve never thought of the Restrainer being traditiona l worship, but it does make sense. I have long thought the existence of the August Sacrifice, even in a mutilated form,...
- JMody: So can’ t we say that Reinhard Card. Marx is at least as SCHISMATIC as Abp. Lefebvre/B ishop Fellay? Isn’ t he saying “I recognize you as the head of the Church but I am...
- Gab: Beautifull y done and superb content.
- Gab: Archbishop ChaputR 17;s comment “I find it necessary to emphasize that Father Martin does not speak with authority on behalf of the ChurchR 21; appears to me a very stern rebuke,...
- Katherine: I am always pleased when a bishop actually speaks to these issues with the mind of the Church. That said, I sense fear in Archbishop ChaputR 17;s response to Fr. Martin. The respo...
- ArthurH: The disagreeme nt in unres0lvab le and will remain so. What so many are missing 211; including Fr. Matin, from his words, which belie his behavior 8211; is that persons of faith can...
- Lurker 59: If you look at the question across religions (at least those that I have studied) the “res trainer 221; is always pious one — specifical ly the contemplat ive mystic, and...
- Emilio: Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there are many ways to undermine the Church’s teachings. I have have also noticed Fr. Martin’s sly usage of “official” teachings& #8230;...
- Greg Smisek: Alas, still no delivery to my state (Minnesota ).
- Richard_amdg: Fr Z, it seems that in our very day, there is a prominent global religious leader who recently called for a new & universal humanism, religious submission to the UN; a man who...
- Semper Gumby: Cardinal Marx and Germany. Maybe Tacitus can shed some light on this, from “Ger mania̶ 1;: “The ir holy places are woods and grovesR 30; For omens and the casting...
- dplentini: We pray for you every day, Father. God bless you and all our priests.
- Semper Gumby: teomatteo: Mother Angelica confronts a teenager in blinky light shoes̷ 0; I’d give up my last doughnut to see that chastiseme nt. “Woe , blinky light shoes, your doom...
- Grabski: Visiting Boston and discovered Trappist ales from monks in Spencer, MA.
- Semper Gumby: Glennonite : NothinR 17; like a good A-Team quote to get the day going. (after Morning Prayers of course.)
- RLseven: I hardly think James Martin serves the Antichrist . [You can serve wittingly or unwittingl y.] His heart is with God and those who are perceived in our Church a the lepers of our time. [I...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee, hwriggles4 , sendero: Good points.
- Johann: The feeling you get after going to confession is like stepping out of a shower after being dirty and grimy for a week.
- Imrahil: Yes, I plan to take do that. I by now, without pressure, fast and abstain on Ember Days anyways (though the abstaining today will be difficult) , so one day in the week should be fine. In...
- Cincture: A recent article and memory http://www .ncregiste r.com/blog /dlittle/f asting-emb er-days-an d-reparati on-of-sins , which I admit to in part incorporat ing led me to ask: Is this...
- Gab: Friday done. Now it’s Ember Saturday here. And prayers offered for you Father Z and for all our Bishops.
- jaykay: Atra Dicenda: traditiona l Monks, traditiona l beer and, as if those two were not enough: traditiona l dogs- https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/support- rebuilding -of-nor...
- The Cobbler: There is a fine line between protecting oneself from or defending against abuse, and committing it. “I 8217;m not [fill in the blank] you, you’ re [fill in the blank]...
- CanukFrank: Started today. Currently fasting (as per current Church guidelines ; 2 small ‘snacks’ + 1 main meal) on Weds (for my son) and fasting and abstaining on Fridays for “Special Intentions ”...
- Hidden One: Early this morning I stepped into a church. I picked out a pew and knelt there. My smartphone , on silent, remained untroubled in my pocket. Kneeling there, in limited light, I had no...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- @JamesMartinSJ responds to Archbp. Chaput via @CatholicPhilly
- The Restrainer of 2 Thessalonians, Liturgy and the End Times. Wherein Fr. Z speculates and rants.
- “Empires perish. Tradition endures” – VIDEO about the Traditional Latin Mass, Usus Antiquior
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: validity
As you know, for the consecration of the Eucharist to be VALID, we must use wine from grapes. It can be fortified wine, but it must be wine (HERE). Today I received a link from a reader which I am … Continue reading
From a reader: Howdy Fr. Z [Fine, thanks!] I had a question about fulfilling my Sunday Obligation at an SSPX chapel. First let me say, I am 100% with the bishops and the pope. I prefer the Latin Mass. I am about … Continue reading
From a reader: First off is the wine to be consecrated have to be red and how much wine poured into the chalice is enough to make it a valid mass? One of my priests told us if they don’t … Continue reading
From a reader: While doing research I came across something that said that one of the faithful who knowingly receives a Sacrament from a priest without faculties commits a sin. I have always attended SSPX chapels and gone to confession … Continue reading
A few people asked me today via email about the validity of a baptism wherein someone used the hand of a dead person to pour the water, someone moving the hand. A rare scenario, of course, and one that is … Continue reading
From a reader: Dear Fr. Z I recently went to confession, the priest said everything correctly (atleast, im pretty sure he did anyway) up until the part where he is suppose to say “I absolve you of you’r sins.” but, … Continue reading
From a deacon: I was wondering how safe it is to assume that water flowing over the hair along with the correct words constitutes a valid baptism. I ask because there were just 12 babies baptized in my parish and … Continue reading
From a reader: A friend of mine, who runs the R.C.I.A. program in my parish, recently told me that an Orthodox Mass is just as valid as a Catholic Mass. Is this true? (I thought that the fact that the … Continue reading
From a priest: Are there any rules or traditions about the type of wine used the chalice? I know it must be fermented grape juice – but must or can it be it be red, white, sherry, port? It is … Continue reading
From a reader: Can ones marriage be valid if it is clear that impediments listed in Canon Law were present at the time of the marriage (and continued to be as well) ? If not valid, then can the couple … Continue reading
From a priest reader: Dear Father, I have become acquainted with a family in my parish (Diocesan sponsored EF twice a week) and the parents were married in a SSPX chapel. My question to you, after having posed this to … Continue reading