Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- APX said So does this mean that in France, consecrated vir...
- MikeToo said Father commented on how the weakest character in t...
- APX said And here I’ve been wondering whether it not...
- kpoterack said StnyPtGuy: “The other question at hand is:...
- StnyPtGuy said To get back on track … If I heard correctly,...
- truthfinder said I don’t know if it still is, but in the 1600...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I had something delicious at an Ethiopian restaura...
- Elizium23 said I think that traditionalism and the radical elemen...
- pseudomodo said I wonder what France would do in the case of same...
- mburn16 said To what extent are Priests actually trained in the...
- I am cloudowl said O that we had hard-identity, courageous leaders of...
- I am cloudowl said Good luck trying to consummate…
- Irradiated said Also, due to immemorial custom, muskrat is allowed...
- I am cloudowl said We had a guest preacher, who discussed the temptat...
- Michael said I think he has a particularly good point about spr...
- Jack in NH said We again made the trek to the monthly EF mass. Fa...
- Michael said Perhaps I’ll use this Lent to see if alligat...
- Wiktor said Soon we will see people “marrying” dea...
- RichardT said Changing the clocks is like Canute trying to hold...
- Joan M said When I ate alligator in Asuncion Paraguay it taste...
- Volanges said VexillaRegis, I believe for the purpose of Friday...
- pelerin said I have now found out that post mortem marriages we...
- Chon said I don’t think Abp. Sample cares about a care...
- LeeF said @Supertradmum, I would appreciate if Father could...
- incredulous said Joe, what city do you celebrate the Holy Qurbana i...
- incredulous said Gator meat is very white and flavorless. It takes...
- tzard said More evidence of the push to have marriage be mean...
- VexillaRegis said Sorry, that How should not be there.
- VexillaRegis said How What does alligator taste like? Not like muddy...
- acardnal said HE Bishop Morlino gave an interview published in t...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Vatican II
The Pill… aka The Tablet… does it again!
On 5 October the American journalist Robert Kaiser, who covered the Council for Time magazine, gave an address for the annual evening of self-affirmation and pre-Conciliar Church bashing for the liberal London Catholic bien-pensant.
Yes, … Continue reading
Technorati Tags: Bp. William J. McNaughton, continuity, discontinuity, rupture, Vatican II
At the end of the Call to Holiness Conference, I spoke at the dinner. I led with a reference to popular culture, a song by Kenny Chesney. In the country-music song, a young man learns that his girlfriend is with … Continue reading
I was sent this cartoon.
“Vatican II opened up the Church… and the people left!”
The statement in the cartoon is black and white, but it provides grist for civil conversation in the combox.
One thing that is interesting is that it is … Continue reading
A newsreel account of the opening of Vatican II.
I thought the mention of Telstar and Card. Mindszenty were interesting:
A couple more. These are from an Italian TV documentary. It is gushy, but the images are interesting:
Technorati Tags: Vatican … Continue reading
Benedict XVI on Year of Faith: “a pilgrimage in the deserts of today’s world, taking with us only what is necessary”
“Reference to the documents saves us from extremes of anachronistic nostalgia and running too far ahead, and allows what is new to be welcomed in a context of continuity.”
Thus, Benedict XVI during his homily for the Opening of the Year of … Continue reading
The Tablet (aka RU-486) has a really bad editorial about the 50th anniversary of the Second Vatican Council.
The editorial is an example of cowardice.
There are courageous liberals and cowardly liberals. Courageous liberals come right out and say “The Council was … Continue reading
The other day I picked up at Ancora bookstore near St. Peter’s Basilica a copy of Serafino M. Lanzetta’s book Iuxta Modum: il Vaticano II riletto alla luce della tradizione della Chiesa. The author proposes a re-reading of the … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate noticed a piece at Vatican Insider in which His Eminence Walter Card. Brandmüller expressed himself about the Novus Ordo, aka “the Mass of Paul VI” and “the Ordinary Form”. He says what we know is true … Continue reading