Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- everett said So, it appears that one of the key topics is ̶...
- robtbrown said I wonder what effect this will have on Greg attend...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said About the sensus fidelium – sensus fideiR...
- ctln said Thank you Father! Although I live in TX now, IR...
- THREEHEARTS said How can one believe the sense of the faithful for...
- Mike said Contact your Senators even if you don’t live...
- chantgirl said Republicans in the Senate need to understand that...
- DianeKor said Fr. Perrone spoke on sin, grace, and mercy as he r...
- Mike said It is in the will of God that we find holiness. We...
- Mary Jane said I don’t live in these states, but I will be...
- mrshopey said He spoke how we do not think of working for salvat...
- ckamas said Time for me to stand up and be counted. DE AD6CL,...
- frjim4321 said I’m doing a five-week series on John 6 captu...
- catholiccomelately said Father spoke of the distractions of the Israelites...
- Arele said That Jesus didn’t put us here on earth for l...
- templariidvm said We had a visiting priest who had a couple very goo...
- Scott W. said Had the bombs exploded outside of two PP locations...
- DisturbedMary said Oh, probably just a lone wolf. Another example of...
- Susan G said The reading from the letter to the Ephesians spoke...
- JonPatrick said In the Gospel for the 10th Sunday after Pentecost,...
- Bea said Pray More. Our Lord told us to pray constantly. Th...
- A Problematic Divorce | The Benedict Post said […] Z explains Gregorian […]
- boxerpaws1952 said love the card. btw. wait until there is a meteor s...
- Subdeacon Joseph said Yes, the Greek Orthodox Christian would be excommu...
- marty5519 said I was at the Mass at Holy Cross Parish. The blast...
- Elizabeth D said I went back over to church to get this indulgence....
- MWindsor said Hi Fr. Z, As to having enough power to reach someo...
- Auggie said Had the bombs exploded outside of two PP locations...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Allan S. says: we purchased a bottle of Campari, y...
- Allan S. said Thank you father. I wonder if there will be an Ec...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (33)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (27)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses (12)
- What I’m dealing with today (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Vatican
You have got to be kidding me. Read and weep. This speaks of the degradation of our time. From the Beeb: The Vatican has withdrawn from sale 6,000 copies of a new papal medal on which the name of Jesus … Continue reading
There is a lot of chatter on the interwebs about the whole “homosexuals in the Vatican” thing. This has been so obvious to me for so long that it isn’t news. It also makes me angry, and not in a … Continue reading
AP’s cheap shot coverage of the Pope’s Butler’s unbelievably unimportant Vatican Trial of the Century!!!
The Trial. Nay rather… the Trial of the Century! The earthquake provoking butler-who-done-it in the Vatican! The trial of the Holy Father’s document-leaking former-valet (keep repeating: the Butler, in the Office, with a Copying Machine), is comparable to what the … Continue reading
From The Telegraph: Saudis attempt to block Vatican plan for .catholic web addresses By Christopher Williams, Technology Correspondent The objection is one of more than 160 sent by the Saudis to ICANN, the body in charge of web addresses, over … Continue reading
At CWR there is an article about the appointment of my friend Greg Burke as the Holy See’s new “director of communications”. My emphases and comments. The Vatican’s real communication problem Greg Burke is an excellent choice for a tough assignment. But … Continue reading
I think this is a bad idea. From News.va: Vatican Radio: New Communications Strategies Announcing Vatican Radio’s intention to reduce its Short and Medium Wave transmissions to most of Europe and the Americas, starting July 1st, the Director General, Fr … Continue reading
The UN is trying to create a new category of human rights. We have been across this ground before (HERE and HERE). That right, pushed by the UN, is freedom from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. … Continue reading
CNA has this: Vatican City, Jan 5, 2012 / 05:12 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Vatican is refusing to deny media speculation that Pope Benedict XVI will announce a list of new cardinals as early as tomorrow. “You will have to … Continue reading
It isn’t very often that you see a Pope send a tweet. Latin for “tweet” is pipio, -are. A “tweet” is a pipiatio. [wp_youtube]tty87WDBukk[/wp_youtube] And this… [wp_youtube]tC8s44MRGVA[/wp_youtube]
It will apparently be online from 29 June onward. Check it out. Here.