Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- carolina publican said I am not a canon lawyer, or a civil one, though I...
- PostCatholic said Nice letter from a Unitarian hero. There’s a...
- The Sicilian Woman said YES! **fist pump** In contrast to his being the m...
- Tina in Ashburn said Dear @Imrahil, The excerpt is about unlawful powe...
- Skeinster said Two requests, please: For a young mother of two,...
- Father G said Jimmy Akin from Catholic Answers says he spoke to...
- Kathleen10 said I’m long convinced the Americans of the past...
- brhenry said I am confused. Are the dates of “accomplish...
- jaykay said jhayes: it will provide a view of how well they...
- Subvet said Oh Mommy, please make the stupid man shut up!
- MangiaMamma said Attended a Thanksgiving Mass today for one of our...
- xsosdid said My daughter Mary had her grade 8 grad last evening...
- Mike Morrow said O’Hannigan writes: “Second (and also...
- rcg said ‘O’zymandias.
- jhayes said Jaykay, July 12 is coming. It should give us a cha...
- Imrahil said I tend to make one exception. Those who went to wa...
- ridiculusmus said You still have not corrected the text in the post.
- Supertradmum said Well, people need to make little decisions daily...
- jaykay said jhayes: Yes indeed, and that exists also in the Re...
- cwalshb said Father, perhaps we could have a post, with sources...
- Doge of Venice said Adding St. Joseph to the Canon may have been a tes...
- padredana said Here in the diocese of Sioux Falls, SD we just rec...
- BridgetTheresa said Let’s ask the intercession of Saint Patrick...
- jhayes said Jaykay wrote: “we don’t have to find a...
- Laura Lea said Father Z’s post today certainly reflects wha...
- St. Joseph added to Novus Ordo Eucharist Prayers | A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics said [...] great devotion to St. Joseph, so my natural...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: vernacular
Under another entry HERE I deal with the question of vernacular readings during the Low Mass of the Extraordinary Form.
A long-time reader and supporter of this blog suggested a poll.
Here are a couple POLLS coming at the question from two … Continue reading
From a reader:
We have a priest that insists on reading the epistle & gospel in the vernacular for each Low Mass only. No one cares for it and it doesn’t even sound right. It impacts the integrity and fluidity … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am considering starting an EF daily Mass in my parish. I am considering offering it as per usual with the exeption of using the vernacular for the propers (introit, collect, gradual, communion, post communion) and the readings. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I went to Confession the other day before a Tridentine Mass, and the confessor said the prayers of absolution in Latin. I know this is permitted, but is it encouraged in the same way as Latin in the … Continue reading
Here is something for us all to think about as we approach the Year of Faith.
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, comes this good reflection. It is on their regular site, but can be found in the … Continue reading
There was some controversy (HERE) about the position of the USA’s Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter for former Anglicans in communion with Rome concerning the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The head of the US Ordinariate, Msgr. Jeffrey … Continue reading
It fascinates me how often questions on a similar idea come in at the same time.
From a priest and from a student (edited):
Here in Ireland, it sometimes happens that, when Mass is being
celebrated in English, some parts are prayed in … Continue reading
From a reader:
I know this is not the same as an official dubium to the PCED, but your view would be appreciated. (I ask these questions because of the situations at two different parishes in the Archdiocese of ___ which … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
A brother seminarian and I recently attended one night of a parish mission of sorts led by a renowned Catholic musician. In one tangent mentioning the newly corrected translation of the Missal, he stated how the Mass in … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is there any reason why one cannot use Latin for only one of the ordinary prayers of the mass in the OF? In other words, may the Agnus Dei be in Latin while the rest are in the … Continue reading