Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Sofia Guerra said Nazis – Controlling, speech, thought EVERYTH...
- Scott W. said This is why I switched to using Latin whenever som...
- Scott W. said While I am perfectly disposed to believe that we a...
- LarryW2LJ said And after his statement, POTUS was driven to the M...
- lgreen515 said Me–Check with the Knights of Columbus and th...
- KM Edwards said The practical steps we need to take with our polit...
- vox borealis said That such rules is of course absurd, if not distur...
- KM Edwards said The practical steps we need to lobby for within th...
- LeeF said I hope that God grants that I live long enough for...
- David Zampino said It seems to me that the teacher has some issues....
- Broggi66 said You are absolutely correct Uxixu. My children als...
- anna 6 said I highly doubt that Pope Francis would live out hi...
- APX said This is why I switched to using Latin whenever som...
- jfk03 said Mr. Foley bore his cross with grace and humility....
- SaintJude6 said xgenerationcatholic: So, in order to be a good stu...
- slainewe said Dear otter, But is not the “institutional muck of...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wouldn’t be so quick to judge the teacher....
- Cafea Fruor said This kinda makes me want to go punch something, an...
- albinus1 said [Shreck claims that those who don't work with or...
- Cantor said So the students are not allowed to read aloud what...
- Uxixu said Every time I consider the new car or home improvem...
- JKnott said Disturbed Mary , you have a good question. Is the...
- Stephen D said ‘The new cosmology’, surely those word...
- New Sister said A complete “GOD bless you” is better....
- JesusFreak84 said The LCWR speeches make even less sense than Vonneg...
- acricketchirps said Kerry. Long bin known that House of the Rising Sun...
- DisturbedMary said Wait a minute. The student didn’t say “...
- Suburbanbanshee said This teacher is a piece of work. If you watch the...
- Suburbanbanshee said Usually it’s feminist frail flowers, but her...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In decades gone by, the works of Eric Voegelin ins...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
- NY Observer: Holy Innocents Church – exploding in popularity
- Pope Francis tells NBC reporter he intends to visit Philadelphia
- ISIS supporters hand out leaflets in London, ask people to move to Islamic State
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: vernacular
Two cheers for ICEL!
I was sent this by an ICEL insider:
ICEL was founded in St Peter’s Basilica fifty years ago today. The occasion will be marked by a Solemn Mass at the Altar of the Chair at 5pm, concelebrated … Continue reading
Under another entry HERE I deal with the question of vernacular readings during the Low Mass of the Extraordinary Form.
A long-time reader and supporter of this blog suggested a poll.
Here are a couple POLLS coming at the question from two … Continue reading
From a reader:
We have a priest that insists on reading the epistle & gospel in the vernacular for each Low Mass only. No one cares for it and it doesn’t even sound right. It impacts the integrity and fluidity … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am considering starting an EF daily Mass in my parish. I am considering offering it as per usual with the exeption of using the vernacular for the propers (introit, collect, gradual, communion, post communion) and the readings. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I went to Confession the other day before a Tridentine Mass, and the confessor said the prayers of absolution in Latin. I know this is permitted, but is it encouraged in the same way as Latin in the … Continue reading
Here is something for us all to think about as we approach the Year of Faith.
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, comes this good reflection. It is on their regular site, but can be found in the … Continue reading
There was some controversy (HERE) about the position of the USA’s Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter for former Anglicans in communion with Rome concerning the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The head of the US Ordinariate, Msgr. Jeffrey … Continue reading
It fascinates me how often questions on a similar idea come in at the same time.
From a priest and from a student (edited):
Here in Ireland, it sometimes happens that, when Mass is being
celebrated in English, some parts are prayed in … Continue reading
From a reader:
I know this is not the same as an official dubium to the PCED, but your view would be appreciated. (I ask these questions because of the situations at two different parishes in the Archdiocese of ___ which … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
A brother seminarian and I recently attended one night of a parish mission of sorts led by a renowned Catholic musician. In one tangent mentioning the newly corrected translation of the Missal, he stated how the Mass in … Continue reading