Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: If you read up on military or quasi-mili tary operations in space, you will without doubt come across a broad stream of thinking that we (or rather, “we& #8221;) should not “...
- Kenneth Wolfe: ” Some would not vest this liturgical critter in a maniple. 8221; Count the Vatican / PCED among the “som e”. An instituted acolyte may function as a STRAW...
- GHP: Admittedly , the “Doo r GunnerR 21; verbiage was photoshopp ed. (Okay … so was the Space Priest one.) More posters here: https://ma rs.nasa.go v/multimed ia/resourc es/mars...
- Unwilling: “Mas s each morning, TLM, NO and Orthodox Divine Liturgy and Protestant prayer service each day.” ; Take that, WCC!
- Kathleen10: haha, very cool!
- bobbird: Fr. Z’s boyish enthusiasm is understand able. Space is already militarize d anyway with spy satellites and who-knows- what else that is orbiting the planet. However, expanding WAR...
- VP: The space suit is a great look, but no Vatican flag?
- teomatteo: That picture of Fr. Z in the spacesuit? well, it looks staged to me. (typical NASA)
- John Grammaticus: finally starship toopers :) Shame I was born on the opposite side of the pond
- Andrew: Time is greater than space.
- StabatMater: As per straw subdeacon (simple married layman never instituted as acolyte): “In this case, he does not wear the maniple, nor pour the water at the offertory. ” Nor should...
- Semper Gumby: robtbrown wrote: “For me theology is ordered toward the contemplat ion of God–that is prayer. 221; Great point. As for the Harvard grad who said: “ 230;theolo gy is...
- Sandy: My first introducti on to the WCC was in the Wanderer many years ago; it should raise red flags for any who hear about it. It’s interestin g that these days the veil is lifting on much...
- Fr. Kelly: My mistake. That was meant to read, “sub deaconR 21;
- Antonin: GK Chesterton styled Catholic when it comes to economics. “Big Business and State Socialism are very much alike, especially Big Business.” “From the standpoint of any sane person, the...
- Semper Gumby: Excellent, Acton University is underway. A look at the website reveals an impressive roster of faculty, and this interestin g lecture: http://uni versity.ac ton.org/co urse/st...
- cwillia1: In today̵ 7;s world the main sources of disinforma tion are domestic. Soviet Communist propaganda has been replaced by domestic communist propaganda .
- Fr. Kelly: Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda a straw subdeacon is what we call a man who is not ordained as a subdeacon (or instituted as an acolyte) who, in a given instance fulfills the role of a...
- JARay: I am an Instituted Acolyte and have been so for 42 years. I do live in Australia and not the USA. I have never had the chance to act as a Subdeacon but I would have loved having the chance...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: There are ritual difference s between a subdeacon (which basically almost never exists now outside of Trad groups) and a straw subdeacon though, yes?
- ScottSenffner: I wish I could have gone to this conference . I have been part of the Acton Institute for many years and would love someday to mingle with all of you.
- Fr. Kelly: In my diocese of Lincoln, we have a regular program of installati on of permanent lectors and acolytes, following the stipulatio ns of Ministeria Quaedam as Fr. Z pointed out. Pope Paul...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: I agree with Fr. Z. Mysteria Quaedam “abolished ” the “major” order of subdeacon, and provided that “the functions heretofore assigned to the subdeacon are entrusted to the...
- robtbrown: Another eggplant pasta recipe, this from Ormond Plantation , just west of New Orleans and a few miles from Oak Alley. Eggplant Maurepas Eggplant slices lightly breaded and fried served...
- robtbrown: I recommend The Intellectu al Life by Sertillang es. It can be downloaded pdf.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
- Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- Disturbing short film “The Confession” that somehow won Catholic award
- Father’s Day gift idea – from the “hearts”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Wile E. Coyote
The other day retired liberal SCOTUS Justice John Paul Stevens issued an op-ed in Hell’s Bible in which he argued for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment.
I’ll get to MSW in a moment. Bear with me.
A writer for the WaPo, … Continue reading
In what he surely thought was a serious analysis from High Atop The Thing, over at Fishwrap, Michael Sean Winters, the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left and one of the New catholic Red Guards, looked at the beginning of the USCCB’s … Continue reading
同志 Coyote, Wile E., (aka Michael Sean Winters… indelibly dubbed by Robbie George as the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left) and the National Schismatic Reporter, has fulfilled his duty as a cadre of the New catholic Red Guards today, by … Continue reading
At Fishwrap today (aka National Schismatic Reporter – a prayer for it HERE), the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, has a round up of stories which interested him. He usually adds some commentary. He picked up on my new … Continue reading
At Fishwrap (aka the National Schismatic Reporter) there are a couple of dreadful reads. Shocking, right?
First, Jesuit Thomas Reese wrote (at the horrid RNS), about how more conservative Catholics are now “cafeteria Catholics” because they disagree with Pope Francis. But … Continue reading
The Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, Michael Sean Winters, recently wrote:
Cardinal Gerhard Müller thinks the pope should appoint a group of cardinals to debate the “dubia” submitted by four cardinals regarding Amoris Laetitia. Bad idea. The church is not a debating society. … Continue reading
I just saw reports that the lib Left had a meltdown over 1st Lady Melania Trump’s shoes when she was on her way to Houston. I can’t help but wonder about a connection between the Left’s obsessions and their amazing … Continue reading
Today there is a “Defense of Converts” in First Things.
There is a defense because there was an attack.
A couple days back, at the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter), the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, Michael Sean Winters, attacked converts.
At Al … Continue reading
Over the last few days it feels like the news is coming in at firehose volume and force.
And, from the onset, I’ll just say now that the moderation queue is ON.
A lot of the firehose sensation has to do with fallout … Continue reading
Recently, Fishwrap‘s Michael Sean Winters, the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, wrote an angry piece about the 10th anniversary of Benedict XVI’s great Motu Proprio, which was a kind of Emancipation Proclamation for all the priests of the Latin Church … Continue reading
CWR: Interview with Bp. Paprocki about decree on regarding same-sex “marriage”and “related pastoral issues”
Catholic World Report has published an interview with Bp. Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois. This is a followup to the vicious and undeserved criticism that the homosexualists have rained down on the bishop since he promulgated particular law for … Continue reading
I’m sure you are all wondering what is going on at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter – aka National Sodomitic Reporter these days. A quick scan of their stories includes:
When women become a clear and present danger at the … Continue reading
When liberals run out of ideas, they resort to personal attacks. Such is the case of Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap. We’ve seen his venom before. HERE and, especially, HERE
Winters doesn’t like the K of C’s politics, and so he attacks … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the “Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal catholicism”, Michael Sean Winters, had a nutty about Card. Sarah’s message to the Summorum Pontificum colloquium in Germany. HERE
He picked on the new ICEL translation a bit, blah blah … Continue reading
You might trot over to Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) and read the epitome of a spittle-flecked nutty.
Michael Sean Winters (aka Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal Catholicism) is unhinged on this first full day on which we called Donald Trump “President-Elect” and … Continue reading