Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. Bryan said Three things: first, naming it Mt. McKinley was an...
- GOR said To Gerard and Nan. I don’t wish to sidetrack this...
- robtbrown said Geoffrey says: The official response from the SSPX...
- robtbrown said Liam says, I am wondering about your interpretati...
- Imrahil said Dear Chris Garton-Zavesky, not to forget Sacrament...
- Kerry said A new name!!!!! President Denali of Reality.
- Kerry said From wickedpedia, (hat tip, David Warren), about t...
- Imrahil said It’s not precisely the topic here, but as to...
- WYMiriam said Pardon me. “Despicable”, not “d...
- JaneC said Please don’t pull for it to be changed back...
- Alan Aversa said Why does “mercy” have an a future star...
- organistjason said I would pray that this is a genuine movement on Fr...
- Nan said @Gerard Plourde, I think it was you above who comm...
- Elizabeth M said Better sign up for an Ignatian Retreat while there...
- Monica said I am thrilled by this news. My Catholic prisoner &...
- my soul waits for you alone said Thank you.
- Gerard Plourde said Dear GOR, Thank you for the reminder that a number...
- Gail F said A snarky reply is still a reply and that’s g...
- GOR said “…an ex-priest – a guy who was “laicized” be...
- Jason Keener said This is wonderful news indeed. Pope Francis is mo...
- Giuseppe said If a woman signs a consent form to have an abortio...
- marcelus said iamlucky13 says: 1 September 2015 at 6:30 PM “The...
- Jason Keener said This is a very interesting topic but also a very c...
- marcelus said Honey Badger Pope!! He just does not care! impress...
- jacobi said May I add two things Father, to this excellent art...
- iamlucky13 said “The Church is called to come out of herself...
- Nonus Centurion said Fr. Z: “Moreover, earlier in his pontificate...
- Alanmac said Black lives matter? Hard to reconcile that with th...
- Mary of Carmel said To Gracie: Thank you for the link to Fr. Z’s...
- JuliB said Gracie, as a convert/revert, I’ll admit that...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE! (117)
- Down with pews! Away with them! (105)
- CAPTION CALL (50)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (39)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (26)
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (25)
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet (23)
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns (19)
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it! (18)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE!
- ACORN promotes the Black Lives Matter thing
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it!
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Wisconsin
I just watched the video stream of The Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, offering the opening prayer of the Wisconsin Senate on a day when the Senate voted to ban abortion after 20 weeks. The prayer … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
At the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel there is a poll about a recent decision of a federal judge (an Obama appointee, probably raised Catholic HERE) to strike down a law requiring that doctors performing abortions (aka infanticide) also have admitting privileges … Continue reading
Legislatures don’t make the laws in these USA anymore. Judges nobody elected have taken over. They do whatever the hell they want in this new kritarchy. A case in point. A US District Court, Judge Barbara Crabb, struck down as … Continue reading
About the great Governor of Wisconsin. I wonder if he will run for President. From The Blaze: Scott Walker Says He Won’t Cave to Atheists’ Demand to Pull Bible Verse “Governor Walker will not remove the post on his social … Continue reading
From Citizen Link: Wisconsin Gov. Signs Pro-Life Bill into Law by Bethany Monk Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed a bill into law Friday requiring that women seeking abortions be given the opportunity to see their preborn babies via ultrasound. Senate … Continue reading
Baby by baby. Talk about a new way of thinking about “emanations from penumbras”! From LifeSite: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Bill for Ultrasound Before Abortion by Steven Ertelt Today, Governor Scott Walker signed Senate Bill 206 (Sonya’s Law) into … Continue reading
About one of the things pro-abortion advocates fear the most. From CBS58 in Wisconsin: Wisconsin Senate pass abortion bill, ultrasounds now required WISCONSIN — Wisconsin Senators have passed a bill that would require doctors to perform ultrasounds before performing an … Continue reading
From a reader (and regular commentator) in Wisconsin:
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy. Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded. Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion … Continue reading
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here. This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin … Continue reading