You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- albinus1 said One of the sisters is a former student of mine. G...
- PAT said Introduction to the Extraordinary Form Mass with F...
- Dave N. said Sadly, this mess (and several new ones) just conti...
- wanda said Ha! That was and still is one of my favorite comi...
- joecct77 said There are some weddings that are a 3 ring circus.
- Sandy said southernpriest, that was a beautiful comment! Mot...
- gambletrainman said pelerin: Speaking of angels on skateboards, did yo...
- southernpriest said Just watched the videos and had several reactions....
- discipulus said I believe the celebrant Auxiliary Bishop in the LA...
- jasoncpetty said that wasn’t a female priest, that was a Bishop’s B...
- pelerin said Fr G – now I’ve seen it all – an...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: I don’t know what to do with such Sc...
- OrthodoxChick said I’ve never seen that before – too funn...
- mairead said Fr G that was horrific !
- APX said The first time I watches this my dog was alive and...
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
- frjim4321 said Well, neither are really anything I would be much...
- CatholicCoffee said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Robbie said Jeannie_C Respectfully, this video demonstrates a...
- Joe of St Thérèse said To be fair, I’ve seen at the parish level in...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: women religious
Today Pope Francis met with some 800 leaders of women’s religious institutes from around the world in an organization called the International Union of Superiors General (UISG). Think of an international version of the LCWR.
This meeting of women religious in … Continue reading
Since there is a great deal of liberal hooting at the latest women religious, LCWR, Bus-Nun type goat rodeo, let’s turn the clock back a bit and look at something at Religion and Politics about the Nashville Dominicans.
The article is longish, … Continue reading
Today the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith smacked down, hard, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious. This is, as you may remember, the group of leaders of communities of women religious (not all the religious themselves, but the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, do your wonderful readers have suggestions about women’s religious orders that cater to late vocations (late 30′s)? Someone in our family is discerning.
I don’t, but I hope some of the readers here will.
The question of later religious … Continue reading
We start a new work week with some old fashioned dissent.
And I mean old.
Picture if you will the paradox of a visible but invisible group of women religious dissenters. Even as they stay in the public eye, because of one … Continue reading
The Official Parodohymnodist of Fr. Z’s Blog has inspired – I don’t know how he does it – has inspired – or even why he does it – has inspired to emerge from retirement
Yes, after the triumphant reemergence from retirement … Continue reading
If communities of women religious have habits, then the women ought to wear them. Keep in mind that the habits of some groups were/are rooted in the era of their founding. Keep in mind that some communities don’t have habits … Continue reading
From a reader:
I need to thank you for encouraging us all to attend the EF of the mass. Although there is no EF mass within a few hours drive of where I live (so sad, I know) I have been … Continue reading