Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Andrew Saucci said “Even so, the GOP remains the only viable po...
- Rob22 said Fortunately more and more are calling the Pope out...
- Sword40 said Back in the mid-’60’s, when I was in t...
- Rich Leonardi said FWIW, these broken-bottle tactics are used by all...
- Ben Yanke said Information also here: https://www.facebook.com/ev...
- Rob22 said I think indeed those invested in the Traditional M...
- ckdexterhaven said I think the water boarding thing drove some libera...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr. Fox: How about something like, “Tace, Di...
- Roguejim said The traditional Catholics of southern Oregon, very...
- Fr Martin Fox said Recalling a project our genial host entertained so...
- Fr Martin Fox said About defeatism… I’ll steal a line fro...
- kiwiinamerica said *Elmer Fudd voice*………Dat wascall...
- Gratias said Money will also make a difference. If you can get...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said Here is another Cherry Tree Carol: https://www.you...
- chantgirl said Bosco- Thanks for the link to the Newman Reader. I...
- Supertradmum said Fantastic work. Wish I had both the money and a wa...
- Supertradmum said Suberb, Fr. Z., book please… St. Augustine w...
- Bosco said With all due respect, Father Z., when albizzi aske...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Father: Are those gold, frankincense and myrh (sp?...
- The Masked Chicken said “That agape, philia, eros, and storge all tr...
- otsowalo said Just to add: in an interview, Cardinal Tagle lamen...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “1994 is when the CDW announce...
- jflare said “I trust most of those ghastly post-Vat II s...
- jmj_telcontar said Wonderful! Beautiful examples of proper incultarat...
- otsowalo said JARay, That vow is superceded by the solemn vow of...
- otsowalo said After reading some of the comments here, i really...
- Absit invidia said Thanks for pointing out the irresponsible rabbits....
- Bea said Beautiful words, Father Thank you
- iamlucky13 said Hmm…the link I tried to post above got trunc...
- Jim in Seattle said What is the symbolism of the cherry trees, Mary, a...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- “Who says Catholic Social Teaching requires us to follow the policy prescriptions of the hard left?”
- Brick by Brick: Another parish implements Summorum Pontificum. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- MADISON, WI – 2 Feb – CANDLEMAS – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- More from the mighty pen of Daniel Mitsui
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: women religious
There is some speculation about what may be said on 16 December in Rome about the Apostolic Visitation that was conducted of communities of women religious in these USA by the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of … Continue reading
Some of you alert readers have sent me links to an article in TIME about the Vatican and the LCWR nuns. Vatican bad, nuns good.
For example, they think this one is pretty spiffy:
For more than four decades Sister Jeannine Gramick … Continue reading
Ann Carey, author of the thoughtful and balanced Sisters in Crisis Revisited: From Unraveling to Reform and Renewal, masterfully dissected the astonishingly myopic and self-centered speech given at the recent LCWR meeting by Sr. Nancy Shreck. I urge you to … Continue reading
The LCWR meeting is underway in Nashville! And I am not there, because they rejected me after I applied for credentials.
Where’s the transparency?
The Fishwrap is even concerned about their stonewalling. HERE
But wait! There’s more!
Also in Fishwrap (aka the National Schismatic Reporter) … Continue reading
I saw this at the Pew Research Center:
U.S. nuns face shrinking numbers and tensions with the Vatican
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), which includes representation from more than 80% of American nuns, [The key is “from”. The LCWR is … Continue reading
As you know, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious is going to have their annual confab in August. This year they are meeting in Nashville.
As you will remember, last year I applied for press credentials, only to be coldly rejected. … Continue reading
This is big. From the site of the CDF.
This is pretty much self-explanatory. Just read it through.
CONTEXT: Remember that the nuns were trying to spin what the US bishops and the CDF were, and are, doing as payback for their … Continue reading
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious annual assembly will take place later in the summer. I will, of course, apply again for credentials to attend. But I am really hoping to be invited as a speaker.
To that end, I … Continue reading
I have written now a couple times about the whacky fringe group of nuns, NCAN, led by the pro-abortion Sinsinawa Dominican Sr. Donna Quinn. HERE and HERE
Now I see at the National Catholic Register that Anne Carey, whose book I have … Continue reading
Pope Francis has made it clear that he considers dimly women religious who are not fruitful. He has admonished nuns not to be “zitelle… spinsters, old maids, biddies”. To be called “una zitella” isn’t a compliment in Italian.
“But Father! But … Continue reading