Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- WmHesch: For “docens”, read “discens”. My bad
- TonyO: Can we start a strategy to control the topic for the NEXT Synod: the most pressing crisis in the Church today – Pope Francis, most of the Vatican functionar ies, and a majority of the...
- WmHesch: Never understood why “Theology of the Body” is the end-all, be-all among JPII votaries. If we’re going to call a series of general audiences part of JPII’s “magisteri um”- why not Franc...
- Reginamater: We need a new LBGT(Q) movement in the Church: Let God Be Triumphant (Quickly)
- Man-o-words: “More souls go to Hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason.” – Our Lady of Fatima I believe the latest data would suggest an overwhelmi ngly high concentrat ion of...
- SemperServusDei: “It must be observed, however, that if the faith were endangered , a subject ought to rebuke his prelate even publicly.” – St. Thomas Aquinas “Mor e souls go to Hell...
- Lisa Graas: God help us.
- Benedict Joseph: It’s either clueless or feigning cluelessne ss. Either way its off the rails. May the Romper Room Synod reveal itself for exactly what it is without ambiguity.
- MissBee: Father I scrolled down and said aloud, at my desk, “wha t the hell is that?̶ 1;. Hopefully I am not in a state of venial or mortal sin, now.
- un-ionized: dbf223, the sodomy rainbow has six colors, not seven, indigo is missing. God’ s rainbow has seven colors.
- Malta: I wonder what the gay-friend ly Pope has to say about this: https://ww w1.cbn.com /cbnnews/u s/2018/oct ober/switz erland-vot es-to-crim inalize-ho mophobia-a nd-hate-sp eech Switzerlan d...
- Archlaic: @chantgirl : you read my mind and saved me the trouble of trying to format a list on a small screen! All I can add is: someone please throw a net over him and get him off the stage!...
- Man-o-words: Kinda hard to ignore the pattern.
- chantgirl: A rainbow cross, right now, while our sodocleric alist scandals are raging? The Synod is looking like one big grooming party. We are not to believe our lying eyes when: -Francis refuses...
- JuliB: The explanatio ns are ridiculous and insulting. While it references some obscure youth organizati on, and could also be compared to the promise to Noah, but… the rest of the world...
- SanSan: Grateful for you *grateful* and for all the faithful who love and understand the plight of all of our brothers and sisters. God is in charge. All is well. Peace.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Vincent196 7 says: But now, now, I have to make known where I am. I have posted in the past who/what I am, but also and as well my desire and prayer to accept the challe...
- MrsMacD: @iPadre And a sombrero!! He he he.
- iPadre: Matching ferula, mitre, and vestments? ;-)
- Grateful to be Catholic: I have also heard that “dark satanic mills” refers to the universiti es that where becoming unhinged from their religious origins and embracing scientific positivism and...
- MaHrad: Even if those colors have meaning other than an LGBT flag, why do they need to be in that order? Having kids with lots of colored toys, I’m well aware that you can order the colors...
- MrsMacD: I think that cross is hideous. I hate how sodomites have stolen our precious rainbow for their filthy sin promotion. I wish/pray Pope Francis becomes a Catholic and a saint. Dear Vincent...
- Charivari Rob: Thank you, Will.
- dbf223: The optics here are clearly bad, but there̵ 7;s some clear difference s from LGBT symbolism: – The cross does not include the color purple, whereas gay pride rainbows all feature...
- Il Ratzingeriano: Adding to my previous comment, I for one cannot make light of this. It is deeply upsetting to me. It is worse than merely giving a signal of support to gay rights and in the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
- ASK FATHER: ” I feel that my Faith is just being torn apart”
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Australia and removal of all abortion restrictions
- Francis accepted Card. Wuerl’s two year old resignation, wrote him a Letter
- ASK FATHER: Official Latin of Fatima Rosary Prayer
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: women religious
From a reader…
I’ve been discerning a religious vocation for about a year and a half, but lately I’ve been frustrated and confused about the right community to look into. My vocations director is a member of an LCWR community and, … Continue reading
The dying out of women religious, and the crisis of religious, priestly vocations. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
If anyone in the English speaking world knows what the status quaestionis is concerning American women religious it’s Ann Carey. She has written insightful books about, especially, why some orders are imploding from their own suicide pact with modernity. See … Continue reading
Something at the SSPX website caught my eye.
Here is a photo from a story of the profession of vows of some sisters associated with the SSPX: “Two American Postulants Join the Consoling Sisters of the Sacred Heart in Italy”
Is it … Continue reading
This is pretty cool. A friend alerted me to this video of a young woman entering a Carmel.
You young women out there, think about it.
I don’t think that God is calling fewer women per capita to religious life than … Continue reading
From KIII TV in Texas. These sisters are a sister order to that of a holy sister with whom I worked in Rome.
CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) –
In a time when our world is thirsty for hope and peace, … Continue reading
More hand-wringing at Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) over another summons of US nuns to Rome for a chat. They can join the Loretto Sisters, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the line is getting longer.
Sisters of Mercy also being asked … Continue reading
As the number of leaders of groups of US women religious being summoned to Rome has been growing, an expert on the status quaesitionis of the same US groups, Ann Carey, offers some insights in the form of a dialogue. You all … Continue reading
You’ve seen the recent stories about leaders of US women religious being summoned to Rome for to explain the situation.
On the heals of another such story today (HERE) comes this, which I spotted at Church Militant.
Apparently the US weird sisters … Continue reading
The leaders of the Sisters of Loreto were called to Rome to talk about issues of doctrine and morals.
Then the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary were called.
Now I read at panicky Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) that … Continue reading
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is squawking that yet another group of women religious in these USA is being called to Rome for a chat. First, the Sisters of Loretto (think Sr. Jeannine Gramick) are summoned to talk about … Continue reading
Speaking of Sr. Carol Keehan, whom Pres. Obama credits for getting ObamaTax passed (she gave cover to Catholic pols who could then vote for something that would promote abortion), Charles Krauthammer had a great line in his commentary the other … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file…
Benedictine nuns make their home on the range
By Jim West
Catholic News Service
VIRGINIA DALE, Colo. (CNS) — Sister Maria Walburga Schortemeyer is at home wading through the mud and manure of a barnyard in boots, … Continue reading
I get questions from young women interested in religious life but with a traditional expression. I received this and thought to share it with you.
Hello Fr. Z!
I hope all is going well. When I saw you recently in DC, … Continue reading
There is some speculation about what may be said on 16 December in Rome about the Apostolic Visitation that was conducted of communities of women religious in these USA by the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of … Continue reading
Some of you alert readers have sent me links to an article in TIME about the Vatican and the LCWR nuns. Vatican bad, nuns good.
For example, they think this one is pretty spiffy:
For more than four decades Sister Jeannine Gramick … Continue reading