- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Gratias said Thank you Cardinal Burke for your service to the C...
- Mary Jane said A.D., thank you for posting your note – I bo...
- jschicago said What a waste of intellect not having His Emminence...
- AugustineFL said Diocese of St. Augustine, Fla. http://www.dosafl.c...
- ck said http://www.bridgeportdiocese.com/index.php/fcc/art...
- Adam Welp said Statement from Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, sixth A...
- JosChild said Archdiocese of Oklahoma City Archbishop Coakley St...
- wiseskier said Ad multos annos. His Eminence was indeed ordained...
- JonPatrick said From Bishop Robert Deeley, Diocese of Portland ME...
- markomalley said Bishop Michael Farrell, Diocese of Lafayette, LA:...
- markomalley said https://www.dioceseoftyler.org/news/2015/06/bishop...
- clarinetist04 said http://www.archbalt.org/news-events/press-releases...
- Paulus said Diocese of San Diego Bishop Robert W. McElroy’s St...
- clarinetist04 said http://diopitt.org/breaking-news/statement-bishop-...
- Absit invidia said Fr. Jim, It’s one thing to make a piece of a...
- Clinton said Of course the New York Times has published an arti...
- WYMiriam said http://bishopsblog.dioceseofcheyenne.org/ SCOTUS R...
- WYMiriam said I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to see...
- KateD said Oh my gosh, RichR! What a cute little towhead he...
- majuscule said I agree about Google™ and the Turnip Truck™
- Art said PEORIA – Regarding the Supreme Court decisio...
- andia said http://www.buffalodiocese.org/home/tabid/37/vw/1/i...
- RichR said Just saw it, and a thought occurred to me: Jupiter...
- excalibur said SSPX http://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/americas-...
- pannw said http://www.dioceseofnashville.com/news/bishops-let...
- Vincent. said http://www.rcda.org/our_bishop_Supreme%20Court.htm...
- Michael H said Thanks everyone for your very helpful answers to t...
- s i said Excellent sermon from our pastor: http://imlaysacr...
- cathgrl said http://cardinalsblog.adw.org/2015/06/the-implicati...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: women
A while back the Pontifical Council for Culture (PCC) posted a video about women. Actually, it is of a woman asking women to send photos, tweets, videos, social media stuff by women about women to the same Pontifical Council. The 2 … Continue reading
The Holy Father had an interview with the Italian daily Il Messaggero. It isn’t all that revelatory and I suspect that not too many people will be excited about it.
There is little more statism in it. One thing to note, … Continue reading
There is another silly wymyn thing taking place in Kalamazoo -zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo! HERE
The local bishop, Most Rev. Paul Bradley, wrote clearly to the diocese as to the consequences of participating in a simulation of a woman’s ordination. His full statement HERE.
The … Continue reading
There are times when, try as I might, I have no idea what – or whom – Pope Francis is talking about. I am not alone.
I had a few requests to explain something that Francis said to a group of … Continue reading
There is a new blog by Catholic women who are faithful to the Church’s teachings: Catholic Women Rising
We the undersigned
This blog has been set up as a place where faithful practicing Catholic women may register their support for Catholic … Continue reading
From a readerette:
Thank you for your wonderful blog.
I have been reading lots of comments, and seen some criticism of women lectors. What is wrong with women being lectors?
I will open the floor to readers in a moment.
First, only men are … Continue reading
Have you seen the slimy new video ad from the Obama campaign? It is disgusting.
Here is some analysis from CNA:
Catholic analyst reacts to Obama campaign’s new ‘anti-woman’ ad
By Hillary Senour
Chicago, Ill., Oct 26, 2012 / 05:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A … Continue reading
At the blog Fide Et Literis: By Faith & Learning there is a post entitled I love my chapel veil.
I recently read an article about the comeback of chapel veils entitled, “Head covering is thinly veiled patriarchy.” The author wrote … Continue reading
Hillary Rosen, the left-wing political and lesbian activist and Obama operative, thinks that Ann Romney, the DCIS cancer surviving, MS enduring mother of five, has
“actually never worked a day in her life”.
Does that jive with your experience of women who stay … Continue reading
From a priest:
A quick question: a woman approached me wondering if there was anything inappropriate in wearing a white veil as an older, married woman. She was told by another parishioner that white is only proper for young women who … Continue reading