Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Cobbler said Jonah succeeds in convincing all Nineveh to repent...
- SKAY said My apologies arrowsmith-it was Georgetown who cove...
- Fr Martin Fox said I’m visiting Florida for retreat, and this i...
- Phil_NL said “When is enough, enough?” A question t...
- ts said Well, being the 3rd Sunday after Epiphany and the...
- Rachel K said I have to agree with you, pannw, that we are in tr...
- Gail F said You will all enjoy this piece from the satiric sit...
- WmHesch said On the road for business and visited the FSSP pari...
- Bea said We should treat everyone alike; Friends or foes. G...
- Gladiatrix said It wasn’t Richard III’s death that led...
- benedetta said In Jesus’ time, lepers’ movements were...
- JFoushee said I look for you every time I fly. Our paths did cr...
- chris_R said In the 1962 calendar Gospel today: Mt. 8:1-13 Our...
- pannw said williamjm says: And what’s that saying we have dow...
- Per Signum Crucis said A small point but readers will perhaps appreciate...
- tnconvert said I am in a similar situation where the parish pries...
- BarefootPilgrim said The good point from today’s sermon is that J...
- Andrew Saucci said The priest, apparently from Boston, used the them...
- andia said The Mass I went to today ( I posted earlier about...
- Indulgentiam said Well…that you were not able to provide a sin...
- Prayerful said The only interaction with Islam should be to work...
- ChrisRawlings said NO Mass. We’re shocked by the many young peo...
- gramma10 said Yep Error is everywhere. Lies and deceit are every...
- Mike said Following on this past week’s anniversary of...
- gramma10 said I love Pope Francis’s idiomatic way! I looke...
- lmgilbert said Perhaps the Lord is saying to Europe, “Disen...
- AM said Drawing from the story of the repentance of Nineve...
- williamjm said We here in Tennessee had, a while ago, a represent...
- iPadre said When someone is in love, they want everyone to kno...
- Seppe said In 1989, Edouard Cardinal Gagnon, who served as Pr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
- “Five Revealing Details” about Pope Francis
- Have Catholic Democrats heard Pope Francis’ denunciation of same-sex stuff?
- ITALY: Muslims smash, urinate on statue of Mary
- ACTION ITEM – POLL – Card. Burke on Church becoming “feminized” UPDATE
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: women
A while back the Pontifical Council for Culture (PCC) posted a video about women. Actually, it is of a woman asking women to send photos, tweets, videos, social media stuff by women about women to the same Pontifical Council. The 2 … Continue reading
The Holy Father had an interview with the Italian daily Il Messaggero. It isn’t all that revelatory and I suspect that not too many people will be excited about it.
There is little more statism in it. One thing to note, … Continue reading
There is another silly wymyn thing taking place in Kalamazoo -zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo! HERE
The local bishop, Most Rev. Paul Bradley, wrote clearly to the diocese as to the consequences of participating in a simulation of a woman’s ordination. His full statement HERE.
The … Continue reading
There are times when, try as I might, I have no idea what – or whom – Pope Francis is talking about. I am not alone.
I had a few requests to explain something that Francis said to a group of … Continue reading
There is a new blog by Catholic women who are faithful to the Church’s teachings: Catholic Women Rising
We the undersigned
This blog has been set up as a place where faithful practicing Catholic women may register their support for Catholic … Continue reading
From a readerette:
Thank you for your wonderful blog.
I have been reading lots of comments, and seen some criticism of women lectors. What is wrong with women being lectors?
I will open the floor to readers in a moment.
First, only men are … Continue reading
Have you seen the slimy new video ad from the Obama campaign? It is disgusting.
Here is some analysis from CNA:
Catholic analyst reacts to Obama campaign’s new ‘anti-woman’ ad
By Hillary Senour
Chicago, Ill., Oct 26, 2012 / 05:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A … Continue reading
At the blog Fide Et Literis: By Faith & Learning there is a post entitled I love my chapel veil.
I recently read an article about the comeback of chapel veils entitled, “Head covering is thinly veiled patriarchy.” The author wrote … Continue reading
Hillary Rosen, the left-wing political and lesbian activist and Obama operative, thinks that Ann Romney, the DCIS cancer surviving, MS enduring mother of five, has
“actually never worked a day in her life”.
Does that jive with your experience of women who stay … Continue reading
From a priest:
A quick question: a woman approached me wondering if there was anything inappropriate in wearing a white veil as an older, married woman. She was told by another parishioner that white is only proper for young women who … Continue reading