Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: Scapegoati ng gay bishops, priests and seminarian is not going to help, it’s going to hurt. More than it already has. And, terrorizin g priests who are in age-approp riate sexual relatio...
- Gerard Plourde: The use of the Rite of Exorcism is a good suggestion . I also support the suggestion made by Fallibilss imo that the Rite be performed by the Universal Church. Traditiona l Catho...
- Subdeacon Joseph: There is no right to error in the Church because error seeks to destroy the truth of God’s divine laws and His divinely revealed soul saving doctrines. There have always been...
- Kathleen10: frjim, you make it really difficult to find common ground. I want to like you and love you, you are a priest, but what you have written here makes me wonder if we are members of the...
- Fr Martin Fox: FrJim said: And, terrorizin g priests who are in age-approp riate sexual relationsh ips as if this is in anyway causative of abuse, is simple projection . No priest of the Latin Rite...
- Kathleen10: lol Fr. Z. The CD’s are fantastic. I only have one, Caroling at Ephesus, but my word, what lovely music. They offer all their CD’s at a very good price for the collection .
- GregB: tho wrote: * There are two types of discipline , imposed and self. Far and away, the majority of us need imposed discipline . * We are all born with Original Sin. We are all to some extent...
- straphaelguy: Today our associate pastor had the sermon. He started out with the phrase “mak ing the most of the opportunit y, because the days are evil. ” from the second reading, and...
- Fr Martin Fox: I talked about the scandals. I read the apologies of Cardinal DiNardo and our Archbishop , then I talked about righteous anger, and the need for the laity to act; I urged everyone to...
- frjim4321: = “bot her”
- frjim4321: “The n he goes on to underscore s what so obviously lies at the core of this crisis, namely, the influence of homosexual ity, not just pedophilia , but homosexual ity.” ; This...
- Kathleen10: Sorry, I meant the WYD symbol is the dragonR 30;too fast on the draw for my own good… ;.
- Kathleen10: Supertradm um! Hello! I have not seen your posts lately, maybe I have just missed them. Thanks to Lauren for sharing the also-ugly World Youth Day 2019 logo. We wonder at the meaning...
- Supertradmum: p.s. The colours remind me of Easter Eggs… ;
- Benedict Joseph: Bad theology. Bad morals. Bad taste.
- Bellarmino Vianney: Much of the world is literally living like the old men in Judges 19. Sick. But many people are making a big mistake by assuming that law enforcemen t, the FBI, etc., are exempt...
- bibi1003: Now THAT’ ;S a shepherd leading his flock!!! Our bishop hit the mark in some areas of his statement, but he never addressed what caused the abuse. He only called for revisions to...
- bibi1003: Now THAT’ ;S a shepherd leading his flock!!! Parts of my bishopR 17;s statement hit the mark, but he never addressed what caused the abuse. He only called for revisions to exist...
- aviva meriam: I read the entire letter from His Eminence 8230; Twice. It was exactly what I needed to see. Forwarded it to friends who are lapsed Catholics. They’ ;ve forwarded it to others....
- Supertradmum: What intellectu alism? A true intellectu al seeks only after TRUTH.
- Sandy: Oops, courageous . Typo, and I did proof read.
- Supertradmum: I just wrote a post for my friend Jay Toups̵ 7; blog before reading this, but covered some of the same points, much less eloquently . Paranoia and emotional knee-jerk reacti...
- Sandy: If anyone (bishops) had taken seriously the John Jay report from the exposure of the previous crisis, homosexual ity would have been addressed. The report made that rather clear, as I...
- robtbrown: Fr Rosica is correct in referring to Jesuit intellectu alism, but it is only a certain type of it. George Tyrrell SJ is considered one of founders of theologica l Modernism. The Rosica...
- Supertradmum: I hate Celtic symbolism in modern art. It is all based on pagan gods, goddesses, and rituals, as well as ancient myths. Why the Irish organizers , or this Polish vestment maker had to...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: women’s ordination
UPDATED @NCRonline #Fishwrap croons for ordination of women as bishops. Pray daily for their conversion or downfall.
Originally Published on: Mar 5, 2018
The next time the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) criticizes anyone for having a faithful, conservative understanding of the Church’s discipline or doctrine, point them to this article. The next time writers for the Fishwrap such as Michael Sean Winters or … Continue reading
At Fishwrap today (aka National Schismatic Reporter – a prayer for it HERE), the Wile E. Coyote of the catholic Left, has a round up of stories which interested him. He usually adds some commentary. He picked up on my new … Continue reading
I saw this Tweet and a story about this Tweet at LifeSite.
Senator @timkaine: Do us both a favor. Don’t show up in my communion line. I take Canon 915 seriously. It’d be embarrassing for you & for me
— Fr. Thomas … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is an analysis piece by a writer for First Things, Matthew Schmitz. He writes about the angst libs are experiencing, as they cope with the ticking clock: Pope Francis isn’t moving fast … Continue reading
Here’s a step in the right direction for our upcoming ecumenical celebrations of the Reformation!
Women priests voiced dismay on Wednesday after Latvia’s Lutheran church ruled it would no longer allow women to be ordained, putting it at odds with … Continue reading
In the wake of Pope Francis mentioning a “study” about deaconettes (which I think was already done – but, as they say, “Quis sum ego ut iudicem.”) one of you alert readers alerted me to a survey that the women’s … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) our old pal, and promoter of women’s ordination, Phyllis Zagano has another knee-slapper.
She has a penchant for over-the-top moral equivalencies. Let’s see her latest cringe-worthy claim: Because the Catholic Church doesn’t ordain women, the Catholic Church is … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), dissidents as they are, they fall over each other in support of the (impossible) ordination of women. Tom Fox seems especially enamored of this fantasy.
There was a gathering of some supporters of women’s ordination, Conference for Ordination … Continue reading
A couple days ago (I’ve been busy) Breitbart had a summary of how Hell’s Bible (aka New York Times – “Women See Themselves as Left Out Amid Talk of Change in Catholic Church”) is cooling in regard to the Left’s … Continue reading
Preliminary comments. Priests are for sacrifice. Sacrifice requires priesthood. If you don’t have sacrifice, you don’t need priests. You can have ministers, instead. Ministers are fine, but they aren’t priests.
Second, Anglicans/Episcopalians don’t have priests because they don’t have valid orders. … Continue reading
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”.
You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the provisions … Continue reading
Across the pond in Ol’ Blighty, the Church of England has approved female bishops.
This was inevitable. The CofE is on the State’s leash and the State blows with (and creates) the wind of social changes, trends, fads, etc.
But wait, traditional … Continue reading
The Holy Father had an interview with the Italian daily Il Messaggero. It isn’t all that revelatory and I suspect that not too many people will be excited about it.
There is little more statism in it. One thing to note, … Continue reading
Yesterday I posted an ACTION ITEM! for your kind attention, a poll on a Michigan media site (please go an vote!) about an upcoming fauxdination of a woman that was to take place at a Congregration Church. You could tell … Continue reading
There is another silly wymyn thing taking place in Kalamazoo -zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo! HERE
The local bishop, Most Rev. Paul Bradley, wrote clearly to the diocese as to the consequences of participating in a simulation of a woman’s ordination. His full statement HERE.
The … Continue reading