Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- bookworm said “the Bloody Red Baron Snoopy song (don’t rem...
- Winfield said Mr. Trololo. How do you say “hit” in R...
- rcg said The Proclaimers were NOT one hit wonders. They sa...
- Volanges said Love the topic. I also thought of Classical Gas a...
- Luvadoxi said Ugh–that Acura commercial is even worse that...
- mamajen said Well, Father, I have to thank you for giving my hu...
- Kathleen10 said Too Shy – Kajagoogoo! The bass is NUTS....
- Charles E Flynn said I regret that I do not recall whether it was a rev...
- Netmilsmom said Spirit in the Sky is now really popular because of...
- Luvadoxi said And who can forget (but would like to) Bird is the...
- Luvadoxi said My favorites–Precious and Few, by Climax, an...
- Elizabeth D said What ever happened to Zuhlio? [He's had more than...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said May I just add that I say the latest Acura commerc...
- Bryan D. Boyle said And who can forget In the Year 2525 – Zager...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Wow…this opens up a wealth of memories, havi...
- yatzer said Classical Gas was my first thought, but already ta...
- AV8R61 said Convoy by C.W. McCall https://www.youtube.com/watc...
- Anita Moore OPL said Emilio: I also grew up with the Novus Ordo. I was...
- Gregg the Obscure said A few fun one-hit wonders that come to mind: R...
- amont said Having lived through the chaos of the Post Concill...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Oh, and St. Francis de Sales was counseling lay pe...
- acardnal said “Classical Gas” composed and played by...
- Uxixu said Most important for Chant to replace the Protestant...
- Per Signum Crucis said With patience and good catechesis, some of this li...
- Grateful to be Catholic said I was 10 years a nun (yes, in a monastery), 21 yea...
- acardnal said The Latin Mass Society of the UK has a short four...
- TWF said My former Cathedral parish in Vancouver, BC met a...
- Bressani56 said To my knowledge, the only book for congregations w...
- Emilio said @Anita Moore – I have a simple and very real...
- SimonDodd said jacobi says: “If I may, my pet dislike is th...
My wish lists
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: women’s ordination
In La Stampa we find a report on yet another interview Pope Francis has given, apparently to La Stampa. I haven’t found the whole thing yet. [UPDATE: Italian Original HERE.]
But in the summary we read:
Commenting on Curia reform, the Pope informs … Continue reading
Read reactions and analysis of Evangelii gaudium and you will quickly see that the catholic Left’s take on the Apostolic Exhortation inexorably veers into “Isn’t it great that the Pope hates traditionalists? He’s one of us!”
Heh heh. Not so much.
The catholic Left … Continue reading
My email box is under siege by people who want me to comment on the recently restored ancient Roman fresco that feminists and members of COW… no… the Women’s Ordination Conference… that’s WOC… claim as evidence for the ordination of … Continue reading
Here is your Sr. Margaret Farley update!
Yes, she managed to get back into the news. Go to the site of the Cardinal Newman Society, whose feed I am delighted to have on my side bar. Check it out.
And check this … Continue reading
I have mentioned a couple times that liberals and (this is just a subgroup) feminists (meaning LCWR types) will eventually turn on Pope Francis. HERE and HERE
You may recall that on 3 April, last, I wrote:
“Feminists and proponents of women’s … Continue reading
There was another fake women’s ordination the other day. Elizabeth Scalia has excellent comments.
Context: A granny from Long Island went through a fake ordination. She babbled to someone in the the press, who lapped it up with gusto.
This is amazing … Continue reading
“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema.”
First, pray for Thom Peters’ continued recovery.
The well-known canonist, Thom Peter’s father, has a great post at his place, In The Light Of The Law. My emphases and comments.
About ‘women’s ordination’, what if Gabriel appeared and said…
Except to offer a … Continue reading
I promise that I am not making this up. I couldn’t if I tried.
This is a perfect example of self-parody, direct from the pages of the National Schismatic Reporter (aka The Fishwrap).
This is from one of the darlings of the … Continue reading
I post this for your amusement more than anything else. Jimmy Carter, since his passing from the White House, has been the nutty uncle in the garage (save some building projects he had).
It’s not news when irrelevant people spout irrational … Continue reading
A while back some proponents of women’s ordination got all excited because a German archbishop said that, during a meeting of their conference, the topic of deaconesses came up.
Now a real theologian chimes in.
Theologian dismisses call for women ‘deacons’
By … Continue reading