Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- GregB: It looks like the new church is coming to take the form of a high pressure boiler room marketing operation. Say whatever needs to be said to close the sale. Make the sale and charge the...
- frjim4321: I think his rationaliz ation of presider 8217;s-bac k-to-the-a ssembly is anti-incar national. Also, for him, where is God? Up in the sky? In a wall decoration ? And if he̵...
- Elizabeth D: Reading this, I am very much more incredulou s that Benedict 8217;s letter was attempted to be used by them at all. I am cringing for them. What a horrifying mess. So was the way the...
- Traductora: Francis and his coterie are flat-earth persons. That is, the earth is flat, a plain, a place with no depth, no reflection s, holding creatures that are just functional units. Their flat...
- chantgirl: Two other thoughts: Was the third secret of Fatima subjected to such treatment? Some trad bloggers (whom I respect greatly) may owe Benedict an apology. While Benedict could have been...
- RichR: Waugh seems to be contrastin g the Pian Holy Week reforms of 1955 with the Pauline reforms of 1970, correct?
- chantgirl: How incredibly insulting to ask Benedict to write a glowing review of this set, when one of the authors behaved in such a disruptive way during Benedict 8217;s papacy. I agree that...
- L.: “I seriously object to the dopey notion that liturgy has to made “understan dable”? 221; Father, I see and hear things that I don’ t understand at virtually every Mass I attend!
- TonyO: Oh. My. Word. ! Viganò must be a meathead for even thinking to use Benedict 8217;s letter as support for the series. He should have just tossed the project off as impossible and left it at...
- leftycbd: As I stated in the past, some brave priest should offer to do a talk on Summorum Pontificum and offer a TLM at this conference . We should start to take things back from within, just as...
- David: The last entry in Waugh̵ 7;s diary is a lament for the vandalism inflicted on the liturgy and the remark: “I shall not live to see things righted. 8221; He didn’ ;t.
- Mike: It is inconceiva ble that a faithful shepherd would allow this wretched spectacle to be re-staged in his diocese year after year. The forsaken Catholics of the Archdioces e of Los Angeles...
- ServusChristi: If I’m not mistaken the Russian and Greek Orthodox church uses Church Slavonic and Liturgical Greek during their masses and they haven̵ 7;t introduced a new rite/...
- Sawyer: “Thi s was the beginning of a movement which was to reduce all Roman Catholic ceremonial to commonplac e and to abolish the traditiona l order of the Mass in favour of a prayer-...
- Sawyer: Here’ ;s a clip of a wacky gender-ide ntity petition that was read aloud at a morning prayer service in the presence of Archbishop Gomez. Don’ t tell me the archbishop canR...
- iamlucky13: Is it really that it should be hard, or that it should have depth to it? This depth can make it hard to understand initially, but it can also provide a lifetime 8217;s worth of...
- maternalView: Most parishes around me tend to make the Mass relevant to our lives. The homilies are so general they can be interprete d in any way that makes you feel good. Often it seems that the...
- Thomistica: Says something about this office of “com munication ”. They must regard the laity as really stupid. Coupla ways to read it. In one perspectiv e, a strong whiff of clerica...
- maternalView: I thought Benedict was irrelevant to these people so it is amusing they felt the need to get his support for these books on Francis 217; “the ology̶ 1;. And when he...
- Benedict Joseph: It appears Pope Emeritus Benedict was being depicted as taking a long walk off a short pier when in actuality he took one step forward and two steps back on the shallowest ledge....
- ThePapalCount: Very, very true. The truth of the sorry liturgical mess we have now so clearly stated. Thanks Father Z for bringing this us. We must continue in our efforts to bring awe and wonder...
- Cranky Old Man: Ah, the Vatican bureaucrac y, like all bureaucrac ies, thinks it can get away with any silliness it comes to mind to foist upon outsiders. Let us call to mind for this bureauc...
- Kathleen10: Whatever it does it slams the lid shut on the proposal that Benedict is feeble of mind. Slams it and locks it. I don’ t care what all he may appear to be, frail and elderly and...
- teomatteo: The “why involve Benedict?& #8221; seems to be clearer to me. The theology contained therein must not speak for itself since it is coming from a pope who has admitted that ‘...
- John V: And Msgr. Viganò still has a job why?
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- REALLY BAD NEWS from St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
- LENTCAzT 2018 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: “They would pay any price for an hour!”
- READER FEEDBACK: “I want to be treated as an adult when it comes to catechesis and the Sacred Liturgy.”
- @CatholicCincy repudiates @JamesMartinSJ et al. homosexualist event
- Priestly Feedback: “entirely familiar realm in an entirely hostile world”
- LENTCAzT 2018 27 – Monday in the 4th Week of Lent: Which of the sons am I?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and a ‘Laetare’ Sunday ROSE POLL
- Bulletin blurb from 1967 from a Long Island Parish
- JUST TOO COOL: Unboxing my new portable altar – UPDATED!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: women’s ordination
Read reactions and analysis of Evangelii gaudium and you will quickly see that the catholic Left’s take on the Apostolic Exhortation inexorably veers into “Isn’t it great that the Pope hates traditionalists? He’s one of us!”
Heh heh. Not so much.
The catholic Left … Continue reading
My email box is under siege by people who want me to comment on the recently restored ancient Roman fresco that feminists and members of COW… no… the Women’s Ordination Conference… that’s WOC… claim as evidence for the ordination of … Continue reading
Here is your Sr. Margaret Farley update!
Yes, she managed to get back into the news. Go to the site of the Cardinal Newman Society, whose feed I am delighted to have on my side bar. Check it out.
And check this … Continue reading
I have mentioned a couple times that liberals and (this is just a subgroup) feminists (meaning LCWR types) will eventually turn on Pope Francis. HERE and HERE
You may recall that on 3 April, last, I wrote:
“Feminists and proponents of women’s … Continue reading
There was another fake women’s ordination the other day. Elizabeth Scalia has excellent comments.
Context: A granny from Long Island went through a fake ordination. She babbled to someone in the the press, who lapped it up with gusto.
This is amazing … Continue reading
“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema.”
First, pray for Thom Peters’ continued recovery.
The well-known canonist, Thom Peter’s father, has a great post at his place, In The Light Of The Law. My emphases and comments.
About ‘women’s ordination’, what if Gabriel appeared and said…
Except to offer a … Continue reading
I promise that I am not making this up. I couldn’t if I tried.
This is a perfect example of self-parody, direct from the pages of the National Schismatic Reporter (aka The Fishwrap).
This is from one of the darlings of the … Continue reading
I post this for your amusement more than anything else. Jimmy Carter, since his passing from the White House, has been the nutty uncle in the garage (save some building projects he had).
It’s not news when irrelevant people spout irrational … Continue reading
A while back some proponents of women’s ordination got all excited because a German archbishop said that, during a meeting of their conference, the topic of deaconesses came up.
Now a real theologian chimes in.
Theologian dismisses call for women ‘deacons’
By … Continue reading
When anti-Catholic ecumenical atrocities take place, Catholic bishops should act.
Here is an example which calls for consequences.
From WTAX in Kentucky:
Kentucky woman ordained as priest in defiance of Roman Catholic Church [Note either the carelessness or the bias? She was not ordained … Continue reading