Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ChiaraDiAssisi: I’m not so sure someone with a scrupulous conscience would wait for an answer here in this forum. I guess it is possible but scrupulous ly usually produces a very unholy...
- APX: As someone with a terrible memory that has a tendency to go blank, I strongly recommend writing out one’ s sins. Not only will it keep you from forgetting them, but it will speed up the...
- bushboar: There̵ 7;s no such thing as a “sam e sex spouseR 21; so there̵ 7;s no danger of scandal. Problem solved!
- GordonB: Not to split hairs, but this sounds remarkably alike to what I understand (though perhaps my understand ing is wrong) the Society of St. Pius X says when raising concerns about certain...
- ChrisP: Prof Lawler and Salzman need to take a undergrad, simpletons course in the Creighton fertility method and ancillary NaPro Technology . It will avail their Nazgul like minds of true sexual...
- JMody: Cardinal Müller is a definite treasure. Such a shame that he is no longer running CDF. I was struck by two things reading this: 1. In his exposition on the question of obedience and absol...
- stephen c: I never believed that Pius XII was as helpful as his detractors say he was to the evil and violent politician s of his day. So, I have not prayed for him the way I pray for our poor...
- Dean: “Rem ember that you are a beloved child of God” , those were the first words more than a decade ago after my first confession in over 4 years in which I had confessed to serious...
- Sawyer: It increasing ly seems that quite a few “the ologians 8221; consider their role to be purveyors of sophistry whose aim is to play word games with traditiona l theologica l terms in...
- JohnRoss: A video shows an Armenian deaconess serving a liturgy in Turkey. https://ww w.facebook .com/ortho doxdeacone ss/posts/5 6314127052 5514 [Yawn.]
- JohnRoss: The Armenian Apostolic Church apparently never abolished the female diaconate. It’s continued ordaining women without interrupti on since the 4th century. Being separate from the...
- Sawyer: @Mat. Anna, I was intrigued by your informatio n and did some research. I found that Pope Pius XII wrote an encyclical “Sem piternus rex” in which he declared that the Orien...
- thomas tucker: This questioner sounds to me as if he is troubled by a scrupulous conscience . Having suffered from that years ago, I can recognize it, and the suffering that it causes. One thing I...
- nycdreamr: Nothing in this article has anything to do with reducing the age of consent. [Maybe you really believe that. Mark my words: that’ ;s the trajectory .]
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z wrote: “The horsemeat& #8230;take s me back to seminary.& #8221; This cafeteria- chow talk brings to mind the learned discussion the Blues Brothers had with Matt “...
- David L Alexander: It needs to be said, that to the degree that an office of deaconess existed, it was (and arguably is) primarily an Eastern phenomenon , even as understood to be distinct from the...
- arga: Thank you, Father, for your willingnes s to actually read this swill and expose it.
- JesusFreak84: When I attended the TLM in Louisville , I actually LIKED having the Mass in the noon hour. Yeah, I slept in. Also, if it snowed, there was more time for the plows to do their thing.
- tho: The medical profession has two fields of study for women known as gynecology and obstetrics , they deal with the anatomy of females. Proctology is a medical study that deals with our bowels,...
- JesusFreak84: Lorra̵ 7;s comment certainly applies to this house, but blessing the house is off the table; I’m 33, but I’m still “jus t a kid” in terms of authori...
- JesusFreak84: One of the “joy s” of the sensory issues that come with autism is that I can often hear Confession s even if the penitent is using a reasonable volume *sigh*
- jim123: “If the behavior is not morally bad, it follows that there is no grave sin and, therefore, no legitimate public scandal 221;. However, Romans 14 comes to quite a different conclu...
- JesusFreak84: When I was in southern IN, I drove over the state line into Louisville for a TLM. I’m still not 100% sure what my territoria l parish was; after I lost my job and couldn&...
- hwriggles4: I live in the Southern United States and I notice that several Hispanic Catholics will only attend parishes that have Spanish only Masses. Quite a few will take the time to drive to a...
- RichR: Man inseminate s woman’s womb——-> ; Life Man inseminate s another man’s rectum—-&g t; Filthy mess (literally ) Mother Nature teaches us about good and bad in very simple ways. Thanks for...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
- More bad art… but this time well-deserved!
- ACTON INSTITUTE is accepting applications for the $15K 2018 Novak Award
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: women’s ordination
From a readerette:
Thank you for your wonderful blog.
I have been reading lots of comments, and seen some criticism of women lectors. What is wrong with women being lectors?
I will open the floor to readers in a moment.
First, only men are … Continue reading
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Continue reading
From the amusing Eye of the Tiber comes this:
Medford, OR––Speaking at a Women’s Rights group at the home of fellow parishioner Florence Hensley of Medford, Oregon this week, 58-year-old Roger Shannahan complained that the group was being sexist for unjustly … Continue reading
NB: The Deacon in question posted a comment, below. Be sure to check it out.
The Fishwrap is having a little nutty these days about the ordination of women.
First, there is an editorial openly declaring that women should be ordained as … Continue reading
England is clearly a misogynistic waging a war on women. This must be true because the official state church of England has rejected women bishops.
From the site of The Church of England.
General Synod Rejects Draft Legislation on Women Bishops
20 November … Continue reading
From The Sound of Music:
There’s a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, “Cuckoo”
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they … Continue reading
For your consideration:
This was sent to me with reference to an oldie tune:
That fraud of the ‘Mrs Jesus’ papyrus fragment keeps surfacing in the news rather like a mortifying fish will in a pond.
That fragment was a fraud, easily exposed. That raises the question: Why would an intelligent person expose herself … Continue reading
I picked this up from Eye Of The Tiber. I didn’t hear about this epoch-changing story in the MSM or the Catholic blogosphere, did you?
Hmmmm…. perhaps there is a conspiracy.
Former LCWR President’s Dynamic Speech May Change Pope’s Mind On Female … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Dr. Ed Peters, has on his fine blog about canon law again drilled into an aspect of the question of women deacons.
Further re female ordination to diaconate
by Dr. Edward Peters
I saw the recent comments here and here … Continue reading
A couple points to start this off.
The liberal element in the Church, progressivists, the Fishwrap and Bitter Pill types, want the Catholic Church to become, at the least bad end of the scale, like the Church of England or otherwise … Continue reading
I was sent something from the California Catholic Daily about a member of parish liturgy committee who participated in a fake and sacrilegious “ordination” by Roman Catholic Womenpriests. My emphases:
A member of the liturgy committee at a San Francisco parish was … Continue reading
I suppose anyone can go to see the Nuns On The Bus go ’round and ’round. This photo, however, from the Catholic Beat, says a lot.
25 June in Fountain Square, in Cincinnati, OhiO.
Sr. Simone Campbell and friend.
No, I am not … Continue reading
A while back there was a dippy filmette about wymynprysts “Pink Smoke Over the Vatican” inspired by an equally dippy column in the Bakersfield Californian by one Valerie Schultz, a board member of CSUB’s Institute for Religion, Education, and Public … Continue reading
Sometimes you don’t want to look at road-kill, but you look anyway.
So it is too with this video of a simulated “mass” by some “women priests”.
It is at the same time both funny and quite sad.
The way they change the … Continue reading