Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- benedetta: And there in the window behind him, Our Lady weeps.
- Grant M: We need dogma and we get dog masks. The dog lives loudly within this guy…
- Joy65: THANK YOU Father Z.
- Mike: Thank you for the Nope Meter. I needed that on this fairly tense day.
- acardnal: “Sav e the liturgy, save the world.R 21; – Our Gracious Host
- LarryW2LJ: i would have gotten up and walked out as soon as I saw that.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Hitchens: We were told not to worry.
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: WYD
I have deep misgivings about mega-Masses. Leaving aside the obvious problem of the effective range of a priest’s consecration, and leaving aside the problem of too many Hosts being consecrated, how can, I muse, Holy Communion be distributed to so … Continue reading
My constant drumbeat has been that for any effort of New Evangelization to bear long-lasting fruit, we must revitalize our sacred liturgical worship of God. Nothing we do to renew the Church will last unless we get our liturgical house … Continue reading
Bis pueri senes?
This is supposed to be a rehearsal of some sort. I don’t know for which event.
I really want to just smile and shrug this off. I suspect this isn’t what Pope Francis meant when he said that we … Continue reading
In his off the cuff address in the cathedral of Rio during WYD on Thursday, 25 July, the Pope told young people to make some chaos back home (“quiero lío en las diócesis”), to pay attention to the elderly, and … Continue reading
The Holy Father, Pope Francis (or perhaps “Pope Lío“, hereafter), met with young people in the strange cathedral of Rio de Janiero on Thursday, 25 July. He spoke in Spanish, entirely off the cuff. Here is the official English translation … Continue reading
Pope Francis in Rio, spoke to young people at the Copacabana beach. Inter alia, dixit:
Dear young people: “Put on Christ” in your lives. In these days, Christ awaits you in his word; listen carefully to him and your heart will … Continue reading
One of my philosophy profs, a former Marine DI, told us that if everything that goes into our brains has no or little relation to reality, then we can’t expect to produce good and rational results. We will be, in … Continue reading
Via Eponymous Flower and Messa in Latino comes something from World Youth Day not covered by the mainstream Catholic media. And one must ask why that is.
Traditionalist Bishops [Not the SSPX bishops. Bishops with actual faculties and authority.] Celebrate … Continue reading
Nolite mirari fratres si odit vos mundus.
Wonder not, brethren, if the world hate you.
1 John 3:13
In Madrid during WYD the were no lack of twisted, benighted wing-nut protesters harrassing the pilgrims and young people.
One of the readers here has a … Continue reading
Storm Interrupts Papal Address at Vigil
Pope to Youth: “Your Strength Is Greater Than the Rain”
By Inma Álvarez
MADRID, Spain, AUG. 20, 2011 (Zenit.org).- After the intense heat that has marked these days in Madrid, a sudden and powerful rainstorm prevented … Continue reading
Thomas Peters posted a few photos of anti-Catholic bigots in Spain harassing young Catholics at WYD.
Here are two.
Consider this well, friends.
It could happen where you are. It could happen to you.
Hackers create problems for World Youth Day website
By Alejandro Bermudez
Madrid, Spain, Aug 19, 2011 / 10:13 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Issues with World Youth Day’s official website are due to hacking attempts, the event’s press office announced Aug. 19.
While Pope … Continue reading
Benedict XVI to young people: “Let nothing and no one take away your peace; do not be ashamed of the Lord.”
When Benedict XVI arrived in Madrid, Spain for World Youth Day, he made a speech at the airport. Here is the salient part of his address:
Why has this multitude of young people come to Madrid? While they themselves should … Continue reading
Via Catholic World News:
Priests hearing confessions at World Youth Day have been given the authority to lift the excommunication of penitents who have been involved in abortions.
Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela of Madrid granted that authority to all the priests … Continue reading