You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- sirlouis said From the incomplete reports I have read, timothypu...
- jonh303 said This really is unfortunate how the media is report...
- Fr AJ said Patricius, you may be surprised to learn that the...
- akp1 said I have read that you must ask permission to receiv...
- Cantor said Given that it is permitted by Rome for you to rece...
- robtbrown said Two points: 1. IMHO, no one can be saved withou...
- Choirmaster said Wow! I was mistaken. I thought that the Greek Cath...
- Suburbanbanshee said Get Religion has a good story on young French Cath...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, Thank you for adding a ‘fervorino...
- onosurf said Communion from Greek Orthodox schismatics, ok. Com...
- AJS said Patricius, As an Eastern Catholic I find that incr...
- ronconte said Can atheists, who know about the Catholic Christia...
- timothyputnam said Fr. Z, I agree that I would prefer to either have...
- PatriciusOenus said What about the prohibition on praying with heretic...
- Gregg the Obscure said Psalm 8:4-5 “For I will behold thy heavens,...
- A Priest said Three quick points of theological clarification: A...
- anilwang said Fr Martin Fox, I see a few problems with that anal...
- maryh said @Father Martin Fox I like your analogy very much,...
- pmullane said Mamajen!! A million congratulations!!! God bless y...
- joecct77 said Reminds me of the beginning of “It’s A...
- joecct77 said Right now, I have no idea. After I am dead, and a...
- Katylamb said Yeah, that sentence about the popes beliefs and tr...
- Katylamb said onosurf: your good atheist friend seems a tad inco...
- Raylan Alleman said Sho-nuff! I was praying that in the Office this m...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Dr. Edward Peters says: the question is, How much...
- veritasmeister said Fr. Welzbacher is indeeed a very good priest, thou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “We are told that it is doesn’t form part of...
- NBW said Thanks for posting the beautiful picture Father Z....
- James Joseph said It is a regular occurrence to make egregious lapse...
- Laura98 said Beautiful! Every time I see pictures like this fr...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Wyoming
The present Coffee of the Month offered by the Wyoming Carmelites is perfect for those of you who desire triumphalistic liturgy.
Isn’t it time to refresh your coffee supply?
(That’s a trick question. The answer is YES!)
And for you liberals out there… … Continue reading
Other than the fact that I get a commission every time you buy Mystic Monk Coffee using my links… and please, I ask you to do so, because it really helps… this video will also show you why I like … Continue reading
Yesterday (and early today) was the super rare Transit of Venus, but a while back there was a spiffing eclipse of the Moon.
Here is a great photo from Astronomy Pic of the Day, of said eclipse over Cody, WY, an … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father Z, don’t forget to let everyone know that Mystic Monk has great tea!
I’m abstaining from coffee (decaf) until Obama leaves office!
I’ve been off for 2 months. God bless you!
Did you know that the Wyoming Carmelites also have … Continue reading
The Carmelite men of the Carmel of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are building their monastery in Wyoming and earning their daily bread by roasting, blending, and selling you coffee and tea.
Their seasonal Pascha Java is back at Mystic Monk … Continue reading
The Wyoming Carmelites have released their new special Coffee of the Month.
With a name like “Flores Organic Bajawa Ngura“: sounds sort of like something an animated African rat monkey would sing. You’ve gotta try it, right?
“But Father! But Father!”, some of … Continue reading
Need another reason to buy Mystic Monk Coffee? As if my requests weren’t enough? As if helping Wyoming Carmelites wasn’t enough?
In news that will come as a heavy blow to many coffee lovers, Starbucks has officially backed homosexual ‘marriage.’
You … Continue reading
More than one person has sent me email asking if it is possible to “subscribe” to Mystic Monk Coffee (“It’s swell”, by the way) on a monthly basis and have the commission for the subscription come to WDTPRS.
The answer … Continue reading
You may not have noticed, but I have been pushing Mystic Monk Coffee, sold by a new group of Carmelite monks in northern Wyoming. I have done this to help with their cash flow before they begin to build their … Continue reading
From a reader:
Your readers might want to know that there is a strongly vocal minority in the Meeteetse area of Wyoming that is trying to delay or even block the Carmelite Monks from building their monastery. One public hearing has … Continue reading