Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- KAS said As a pro-life Libertarian leaning Republican, I ce...
- Mike said Missed the link to NATOCATRANS in the previous pos...
- Mike said In an attempt to improve the accuracy of its decis...
- Romuleus said frjim4321: What an “interesting” post....
- Eric said With regard to water boarding. Scaring someone is...
- robtbrown said FrJim4321 says, Even now, if it all wasn’t so m...
- Andrew Saucci said Vandalia has raised an excellent point. Roe vs. Wa...
- jameeka said OK, this is not urgent ( I guess), but…please pray...
- excalibur said Petition to His Holiness on the Synod. http://fili...
- vandalia said The GOP has less interest in repealing abortion th...
- Gail F said Give me a break. Right now only ONE party does not...
- BenFischer said I agree with Andrew. The Republican party takes pr...
- ad Deum said Saint Cecelia schola/choir of Saint John Cantius i...
- Suburbanbanshee said Killing an enemy, done in such a way that it’...
- JARay said Now I am one of those who grew up with everything...
- Charles E Flynn said People who call for the elimination of OSHA tend...
- Johnno said Hope that someday he puts out an artbook. I’
- robtbrown said I found it amusing that there were people who were...
- Johnno said Americans live under a 2-party tyranny. Democracy...
- ACatholicGuy said I’ve never fully understood the liberal idea...
- Rachel K said Any mention of Ushaw always makes my heart sink as...
- frjim4321 said = “… stunningly beautiful churchR...
- frjim4321 said I was confused for a minute thinking this was the...
- Matt Robare said The Latin Mass Society of Boston College is trying...
- Venerator Sti Lot said This got me wondering about liturgical commemorati...
- mburn16 said Isn’t there something in church teaching tha...
- TawdryPenitent said From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Part II...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A lot of interesting detail here!: http://www.hymn...
- St. Rafael said Sword40, Waterboarding is torture. That is why tho...
- Andrew Saucci said “Even so, the GOP remains the only viable po...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Septuagesima – Burying the Alleluia
- “Who says Catholic Social Teaching requires us to follow the policy prescriptions of the hard left?”
- Brick by Brick: Another parish implements Summorum Pontificum. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- MADISON, WI – 2 Feb – CANDLEMAS – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- More from the mighty pen of Daniel Mitsui
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Z-Swag
It’s the feast (in some places and for some groups) of Bl. John Henry Newman. Who can forget his beatification by Benedict XVI?
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a … Continue reading
A priest reader alerted me to an article in the Dartmouth alumni magazine about Fr. George Rutler, now pastor of St. Michael’s and the beleaguered Holy Innocents in Manhattan, then pastor, in 2012, of Our Savior.
In the article we find … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf,
I came across “Save the Liturgy, Save the World” and “Say the Black, Do the Red!” while reading Fr. John Lankeit’s bulletin letter to the parishioners at Sts. Simon and Jude Cathedral, Phoenix, Arizona (Diocese of … Continue reading
One of you readers sent me this photo of Z-Swag, in the wild! It was posted on Twitter as well.
After washing, my @fatherz travel mug makes a worthy beer glass (pictured with libation, breviary, etc., on the road)
A beer in … Continue reading
A brilliant priest of my acquaintance has sent a photo after having filled the rectory coffee nook with Mystic Monk Coffee K-Cups.
They also have very good taste in coffee mugs there.
I especially like the spiffy Star Trek effect from off the coffee … Continue reading
A reader asked about “Ray”. “Ray” is every Cardinal (the member of the finch family) who has occasionally appeared on these electronic pages.
Since I moved from the Sabine Farm to the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue, I have not had … Continue reading
Are you a self-absorbed promethean neopelagian?*
I have just the thing for you!
I added a new section to my Z-Swag store at Cafepress.
There are bumper-stickers, car-magnets, coffee mugs, buttons and few other items.
Here is a view of the smaller coffee mug. … Continue reading
At the blog Defende nos in proelio there was a great post about what happens when you put Z-Swag on your car.
Go over there and spike their traffic. It involves Fr. Finigan, and a car blessing and a run in … Continue reading
A shot of one of my Say The Black Do The Red mugs “in the wild”.
These mugs can do double-duty, of course. I have a Latin version of the same near to hand and it holds pens and reading glasses.
But … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness is Down Under at the moment and he caught sight of some Z-Swag!
Check it out.