When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- jameeka said Mr Nicholas Frankovich, I thank you for your comme...
- New Sister said @ Gregg the Obscure, always put the ‘bigR...
- cwillia1 said People are attracted to Christ for what he can do...
- Latin Mass Type said Ordinary Form Mass. Father explained to us (among...
- Grumpy Beggar said Admittedly, it was our Blessed Lord Himself who sa...
- Aquinas Gal said I’ve been going to confession at a certain c...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In another recent post, Fr. Z wrote, “Prior...
- The Masked Chicken said From the paragraph provided, if the person is, for...
- jbazchicago said WHAT DECORATING???? I don’t see any banners!...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Magash’s comment reminded me of the repentan...
- Stephen Matthew said Very nice and well done, but… What is the od...
- Cantor said A wonderful presentation. The best thing in the wh...
- capchoirgirl said Mary Jane, so am I….I will admit that itR...
- Kerry said Orde Wingate, (Wingate of Burma), in a letter wrot...
- Mary Jane said Jon, I am trying to see the humor in your comment...
- Kerry said Luke 18: 9-13 seems germane here. And to some who...
- ByzCath08 said The Gospel reading was the raising of Lazarus. Fa...
- Peregrinator said I wonder if priests and penitents would be less ch...
- Peregrinator said One other thing I would suggest: when you get to t...
- Giuseppe said Flower by flower…
- albizzi said …” the Church made herself up-to-date,...
- Kathleen10 said Father’s words were good but I just can̵...
- Former Altar Boy said I’m guessing that was last year (or earlier...
- Gregg the Obscure said Close paraphrase of what our pastor said follows....
- Kevin said Yes it’s beautiful, but they could have avo...
- firstname.lastname@example.org said A Chesterton quote seems quite appropriate for thi...
- Kathleen10 said Great post and great points by Fr. Hunwicke. One...
- mysticalrose said Supertradmum: I have had the exact opposite experi...
- GypsyMom said It’s beautiful! And they used something from...
- Jon said There should be two doors for penitents, one marke...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Zuhlsdorf’s Law
I have received a few emails from readers who have been getting a message about a “white list” when trying to comment here.
I will try to get to the bottom of this.
A reader send a screen shot of what they … Continue reading
I am on my way to Rome today, thanks to all of you… quite a few of you!
Of course this is when Zuhlsdorf’s Law clicks in big time. Many of you will remember Zuhlsdorf’s Law. Many of you will … Continue reading
This afternoon the blog was down for a short period. I figured it was just the higher than usual traffic stressing out the poor server.
I am informed that it was an attack that caused the problem.
What’s the old phrase?
“If they … Continue reading
If you are reading this today, we are both lucky. I actually got it posted and you brought up the page!
Today we have a great example of Zuhlsdorf’s Law in full force.
Murphy was an optimst. Therefore…
When you need your … Continue reading
Yep… says it all.
Last night there was a beautiful conjunction of your planet’s moon with the gas giant Jupiter. My phone photos don’t do it justice.
The stars are not conjoined for my internet connection however. This morning I am working my … Continue reading
What a day I have had.
First, I have felt dreadful all day long. I forced myself out (into the rain – and I don’t do rain well) to get something to eat. I ate about a third … Continue reading