HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- HvonBlumenthal: It is unfortunat e that the same word “tradition ” is used as a technical term by the church to refer to the means by which Catholic truth is passed on, and a a colloquial term in...
- Midwest St. Michael: I simply pray for PF anymore. (briefly, along with BXVI) Everything else seems so… Jesuitical to me. So, I just pray and pay little attention to him. Because 230; I...
- Bonaventurian: Is he trying to start a schism? Because this is how you start a schism.
- Lurker 59: The ChurchR 17;s tradition is the vehicle by which we receive ChristR 17;s mercy and love for us. If we do not receive the tradition of the Faith from the Church as from a mother...
- ThePapalCount: What could be possibly be next? I have a papal knighthood and I feel compelled to renounce it and send back the insignia. Fr Z enjoy Rome to the fullest.
- Emilio: For my own spiritual good, I cannot bear to tune into what Pope Francis says any more, or even follow Papal Masses and travels, something that brought joy to my life to do before him. I...
- sggreener: We’v e been letting go of “tra ditions 221; since VII. Look where that has gotten us!
- Gab: And to which traditions is the Pope referring? Ecclesiast ical or Apostolic traditions ? Or both? What fresh hell is this that is about to be unleashed on the Mystical Body?
- SanSan: I’m once again scandalize d. Sigh. Lord have mercy.
- Benedict Joseph: He has turned a corner. I am left without words and unable to comment.
- Gab: What is going on? Has the Pope completely forgotten the Gospels? My heart aches. Our Lady of Revelation s, pray for us.
- MrsAnchor: http://wdt prs.com/bl og/wp-cont ent/upload s/2019/05/ img_0809.j pg Hoping this photo shows. There are layers of fabric underneath the Black & Colored Damask. To the left there’s a...
- MrsAnchor: R* and below to the LEFT (is what I meant)
- MrsAnchor: Fr. Zuhlsdorf: The Alternativ e Black Fabric with the Colored Ted Flowers & Greens etc? That’s the Photo I was commenting on. Below to the Right there’s a doppelgäng er purple fabric...
- teomatteo: “ 230;why create confusion? ” So that footnotes can rule?
- APX: It would also be a good time to start teaching her basic meditation that’s appropriat e to her age, so that by the time she’s older, she has a good foundation and habit of mental prayer.
- Fr Martin Fox: I think it is manifest what Father Martin is doing: he is being deliberate ly and studiously ambiguous, and giving hints without coming out and saying too much that will cause him to...
- JustaSinner: Dear Salvini, you’ re not the only Catholic with a Rosary in your pocket. My EDC Rosary is a plastic, glow in the dark, string rosary. Only Rosary able to take daily abuse in...
- Fr Martin Fox: Jerome: I certainly understand your concerns. My response to your question about how you know whether a priestR 17;s intentions are upright or not is the following: –...
- brianmsaxton: I also have a 5 year old daughter who I would love to find playing Mass someday, for whatever that’ ;s worth. I honestly don’ t think it’s important that she knows...
- richiedel: Jerome Charles, Baloney: gay people hear that God loves them all the time. To attempt to forward Fr. MartinR 17;s agenda on the false premise that people wouldnR 17;t otherw...
- OrangeBlossom: What about having her attend an atrium? Catechesis of the Good Shepherd A Montessori way of teaching the faith https://ww w.cgsusa.o rg Here are some materials: http://www .ourfat...
- Semper Gumby: acardnal: *a tip of the fedora*
- monstrance: “Making linens , Getting stains out “ Oh ! Such toxic masculinit y !
- Spinmamma: As a former prosecutor , I am very familiar with the grooming process. Even so, I could not finish the audio but had to read the transcript instead, my soul recoiled so much from the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Francis: Church Must Learn to Abandon Old ‘Traditions’
- Editorial: Church leaders, to be “transparent”, are still abusers. Of priests.
- ASK FATHER: Little daughter interested in the Mass
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes – UPDATED
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Zuhlsdorf’s Law
The Tenebrae hearse arrived in time. I wanted it days ago, but it came. I wanted it days ago so that we could check it out and solve problems (which, since I have read a lot of Augustine, and I … Continue reading
I’m experiencing Zuhlsdorf’s Law today. I’m just back from Rome. I fly out again tomorrow. I have an enormous To Do list and a lot of it involves internet. Today… total internet service outage where I am. Internet, TV, phone. … Continue reading
I am in Denver. What a strange airport. I’ve only been through Denver 3 times (I think) and each time I like this airport less. I think an undergrad designed it. Who thought that the layout for check in relation … Continue reading
I haven’t posted about Ham Radio lately. I haven’t been active. I have no “shack” at the moment here in the Cupboard Under the Stairs. (No bird feeders, either… though I do have a stove, now. That’s something.) However, I … Continue reading
I am packing for my flight to Italy tomorrow. I’m pretty sure that my flights won’t be affected by nasty weather. Speaking of nasty weather, this morning I had a call from my mother in Florida, right on the coast where the … Continue reading
It has been a few weeks since I’ve posted under this rubric. One of you readers sent me a laser measuring device, which should be helpful. Thanks! Also, I got some Anderson Powerpole stuff. Thanks! I have some serious to … Continue reading
Last week I posted about the long delay for my Amateur Extra license upgrade to be posted on the FCC site. It FINALLY came through. So, that’s take care of. Last week I also posted on my struggles under the influence … Continue reading
Last week I wrote that I passed my Extra exam, to upgrade my license. Really. I did actually pass. So, I patiently checked the FCC site every couple days to see if the upgrade was posted. No joy. Then I … Continue reading
I don’t like to expose much about plots of movies I see because I detest spoilers. Yesterday (being Tuesday, my movie day, $5 all day and free popcorn), I saw The Martian (from the book HERE). Gorgeous martian landscapes, apparently … Continue reading
I don’t know whether this came from an attack or if something is a little wonky with the database, but a couple times now people have found when clicking on links to posts or comments that they are directed to … Continue reading
I have received a few emails from readers who have been getting a message about a “white list” when trying to comment here. I will try to get to the bottom of this. UPDATE: A reader send a screen shot … Continue reading
I am on my way to Rome today, thanks to all of you… quite a few of you! Of course this is when Zuhlsdorf’s Law clicks in big time. Many of you will remember Zuhlsdorf’s Law. Many of you will … Continue reading
This afternoon the blog was down for a short period. I figured it was just the higher than usual traffic stressing out the poor server. I am informed that it was an attack that caused the problem. What’s the old … Continue reading