Your Good News

Do you have any good news to share with the readership? Let us know.

For my part, I see that the project to provide a “bespoke” helmet for one of the Swiss Guards is nearing completion. UPDATE:  It’s done!

Also, today I will steam a couple of Christmas puddings.

Finally, I decided I would do ADVENTCAzTs this year.

Please share!

This entry was posted in SESSIUNCULA. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Your Good News

1. Yay for AdventcaZts! Thank you!

I for one would also be interested in a pictorial account of your plum pudding exploits. I think some light-hearted content would be good for the soul in these difficult times. It’s not good always to be marinating in malaise.

2. raven31 says:

Brick by brick: After the completion of badly needed structural and aesthetic renovations at the parish I attend while at college, there is no table altar to be found, just the beautiful high altar!

3. JustaSinner says:

Full leg work out this morning. First since partial amputation of left foot November 8. Walking in my Crocs, too. Thanks be to God for the quick healing!

4. Andreas says:

Here in Pinswang this past Sunday we not only celebrated Christ the King (Christkönig) but concurrently our annual feast of St. Cäcilia. The women’s choir I direct (the so-called ‘Cäciliamadls’) sang three works as part of the liturgy: A lovely prayer by WA Mozart, a short motet, ‘Heilige Cäcilia’, by a splendid local composer Sigi Haller, and a setting of the ‘Alleluja’ by the 17th century composer, Johann Hermann Schein which I arranged for the choir. The Mass was very beautiful and the Cäciliamadls sang like angels indeed!

5. Fr. Kelly says:

For the Brick by Brick file:
    At St. Wenceslaus in Milligan, Nebraska we had our first Mass according to the usus antiquior under the auspices of Summorum Pontificum.

Going forward, this will be offered monthly on the 4th Sunday at 2pm.

Since the church was built in 1979, this may well be the first ever in this building.

6. beelady says:

I would also be interested in pictures and recipes for Christmas Pudding!
    My good news is that our son is arriving home for Thanksgiving this afternoon.
    He lives nearly 2,500 miles from us and we haven’t seen him in nearly a year.
    I am very excited!

7. Diana says:

One more vote for pics of the puds! YAY!
    My good news, I’m finally almost finished editing my Portugal series, even though it’s already in broadcast! (yikes!) Happy to have this almost off my desk.

8. Semper Gumby says:

Thanks for the good news about Adventcazts Fr. Z.

9. Gregg the Obscure says:

i got full asking price for the house i sold to pay for my wife’s alzheimer’s care. now just to find a suitable place for me to live.

10. Charivari Rob says:

Gotten through some work bumps and stressful events, had my aunt in for a visit and she had a surprise reunion with an old friend, and now getting set for a few days with Mom for Thanksgiving

11. AndyMo says:

Good news: a solemn high Mass was celebrated at NCYC (the National Catholic Youth Conference) in Indianapolis last Friday, November 22. It was celebrated at St. John Catholic Church with a full house of young people. A video of the Mass can be found on YouTube:

12. codycarver says:

For the third year in a row we will be having a a Rorate Caeli Mass on the first Saturday of Advent. For the first time it will be a Solemn High Mass. And, for the first time a Missa Cantata Mass on the second Saturday at a neighboring parish.

13. Hildegard says:

A little over a year ago, the parish of my childhood (classic 1960s, no beauty to speak of) was given a new young pastor. Interestingly, he is the liaison for the TLM in our diocese. Our parish is fairly big and has a well-respected school. The population is pretty set in its ways. When he arrived, I was pretty curious to see how he would handle this crusty old behemoth. No one had seriously challenged this church in its 50+ years of existence.
    I’ve observed as he slowly and respectfully is transforming the old sixties eyesore. He started with safety improvements and beautification projects, always carefully explaining what he was doing. Now he’s getting warmed up and has replaced the old Gather song books with St. Michael hymnals (yay!). He’s creating a Schola Cantorum and is trying to involve parishioners who were not encouraged to sing before. He’s hosting talks on the TLM and traditional music, and he’s celebrated several Latin Masses. Both of which I attended (my firsts, btw).
    He recently posted several letters in the bulletin stating the necessity of rethinking the tabernacle placements in our church and chapel, based on the need to restore belief in the Real Presence.
    He’s a good and positive young man who the parishioners seem to like and he’s respectful of them. He’s also encouraging the social side of the parish, which is important too.
    I may be wrong, but I suspect he reads this blog, so just wanted to say , “Well done, Father!”