ADVENTCAzT 2019 01: “If we love Him, He will come to us”

Here is ADVENTCAzT 01, for the 1st Sunday of Advent.

Today we hear the place of Advent in the liturgical year.  We have some help from dom Prosper Gueranger.

The opening chant is the Introit from the 1st Sunday of Advent, Ad te levavi.

These 5 minute offerings are a token of gratitude especially for my benefactors.  Thank you!  Chime in if you listened.

Have an idea for a reading in these podcasts?  HERE   Make some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen!
PS: These podcasts should also be available through my iTunes feed, though maybe not immediately. Let me know how you are listening.  Through the plugin on this post? Through iTunes? Downloading?   Did you enjoy what you heard?  DONATE

Please share!

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 2019 01: “If we love Him, He will come to us”

1. Clinton R. says:

A great podcast to start Advent with, Father. Thank you so much for this, it is very informative and edifying. May you and all the readers of your blog have a blessed Advent season. +JMJ+

2. Gab says:

Thank you, Father. This one clarified something for me.
    I look forward to the next one.

3. Ms. M-S says:

Thank you again, Father, for these opportunities for reflection in Advent. They do touch us in a fresh way, with gifts from the Church’s many treasuries and little lights along a safe path.

4. Thank you, Father. I always look forward to your seasonal podcasts.

I learned something from Dom Prosper: the second Advent, in our souls. We think of the first and third Advents, but we forget about the second, ongoing Advent.

I listened with the link in your post, which I was reading in the Feedly app.

5. Semper Gumby says:

Thank you Fr. Z. May you and everyone have a blessed Advent.

6. Kathleen10 says:

Thank you Fr. Z., these are wonderful.
    I’m always moved by the idea that Jesus wants to be our friend and wants us to be His. King of all that is yet He wants to be our friend.
    Yes, a happy and holy advent to all!

7. nv says:

Late have I loved Thee O Lord…Thanks for the homily that truly expresses my other favorite saying about how our hearts are restless until they rest the Thee… and I particularly LOVED your emphasis on our cry as the little one cried in the background! Deo gratias.

8. mamajen says:

Just wanted to report that the iTunes feed seems to be working well–this is there and working on my phone.

9. Felipe says:

THANK YOU Padre Z! I wanted to recommend “Meditations & Readings for every day of the year by St Alphonsus and obviously focus on Advent.

10. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father!

Think, proof read, preview BEFORE posting!